Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: divx and vdj

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

whats up peeps, 2 problems maybe u guys can tell me whats going on, i have the divx converter i tried to convert vob files to divx but whent i was dragging the vob file divx told me that im missing AC3 in my system dontknow whats that.so i converted an mpg and it work with divx but now vdj cant read the divx file?? do i need a codec?? if guys know whats up hit me back up thanks

Mensajes Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 12:44 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 12:48 am
do i just install it and then try to load the divx file on vdj??

Mensajes Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 1:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes :)

Mensajes Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 1:58 am
no luck bro it dint work,on the vdj codec list does it suppoes to have divx codec cuz it dosent say it on mine

Mensajes Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 2:05 am

does it have .divx file extention ?

Just rename it to avi, or assosiate divx extention to virtual dj video encoder, in encoder settings in VDJ

Mensajes Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 2:22 am

Mensajes Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 4:46 pm
thanks fellas ima try it out

Mensajes Sun 05 Aug 07 @ 10:29 pm
can i save space on my hard drive if a conver my vobs and mpg mpeg videos into avi??or is divx the way to go

Mensajes Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 6:26 am
AVI is a container, not a compression scheme. DivX is a compression scheme but do not be fooled into getting tied in to DivX that it's the only compatible type of system that can fit into AVI. XviD (completely free and good too) and 3ivX are popular alternatives. There is also the VP7 codec which is an upgrade of what streaming flash video uses. Of course there are even more formats than that, but these are the main ones.

You will generally always lose quality converting from format to format (unless you're converting into a file a couple of gigabytes large!). Converting from a vob to divx would be a sensible option to save space. However, if your mpg files are already only about 100mb or thereabouts, you are probably best just leaving them like that rather than converting.

Mensajes Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 8:04 am

And you dont need to convert VOB's to mpegs.
They ARE mpegs ;)

Mpeg-2 to be exact. Just has a different file extention. You can rename .vob to .mpeg, and you will see.

VOB's/Mpeg-2 play very smooth in VDJ.
So does divx6, so if you hare out to save space Divx6 can be a good choice, althought the saved space is not that much.

A VOB/Mpeg-2 music video is about 200-250 mb
A compressed divx6 with same resolution is about 80-100mb.

Remember when you rip to choose Windows PCM Wave as audio format, or MP3 192 bits.
That works best.

And as Andrew said, divX is a compression, and usually seen as AVI file. Some choose to use the .divx extention to seperate divx files from other avi files.

If you have the .divx extention on your files, choose to assosiate this file extention with Video decoder, in Virtual DJ, to see and play the files.

Mensajes Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 8:10 am
thanks fellas for your expertis n another thing do some of u guys use gogo dvd ripper its pretty koo u can rip any part of a video or movie but when i ripp a video i get bad quality sound and the resolution is not the same as the dvd,maybe my settings are wrong so...if some of u guys use it can you tell me a good setting to getting good audio and video res....thanks

Mensajes Tue 07 Aug 07 @ 1:40 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)