Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: customizable UI

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,
Even if VDJ User interface looks neat with all the skins, it is not very customizable. In some windows programs there is possibility to customize the view; dragging and moving UI components and resizing them. Ability to resize broswer, waveform, exchange places by dragging components, resize to full screen etc could be wonderful.

Also it is not nice that you have to hide browser to see samples and vice versa. I have very big resoultion (1920x1200) in my new laptop and current skins covers only a fraction of the screen, so there is no really need to use tabs for browser, samples and effects instead of showing em all in same view.

Thanks!

Mensajes Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 12:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Build a bigger skin.

Mensajes Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 4:01 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Even I if make bigger skin, I could not put browser, sampler and effects in same view, right?
I haven't seen any 1920x1200 skin though....

Mensajes Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 4:41 pm
You can't put the physical panels, but you can build a controls on a skin for accessing the features of the panels. That would give you complete access.

As for the larger skins. - Not a you directly, but a general statement for all that read this post -

In order to build a skin, the skin builder must have a system that can achieve the resolution they are building a skin for. So if my screen only goes to 1440x900 then that is the highest resolution I can physically build.

So unfortunately if you have a very high resolution system and are not building the skin yourself, then you might have to wait until someone that has a similar resolution builds it.

cstoll

Mensajes Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 5:41 pm
cstoll wrote :
You can't put the physical panels, but you can build a controls on a skin for accessing the features of the panels. That would give you complete access.

As for the larger skins. - Not a you directly, but a general statement for all that read this post -

In order to build a skin, the skin builder must have a system that can achieve the resolution they are building a skin for. So if my screen only goes to 1440x900 then that is the highest resolution I can physically build.

So unfortunately if you have a very high resolution system and are not building the skin yourself, then you might have to wait until someone that has a similar resolution builds it.

cstoll

Would it be possible for the vdj programmers to make it so a skin will fit any screen the way OTS 175 does?

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 12:24 am
That's ability doesn't fit the current skin engine. I am sure they would have to utilize a completely different skin engine to make that possible. Then everything would start over from scratch.

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 8:51 am
Thank you again cstoll for the info.I think I'll have to hold tight until DJformat finishes the two skins he is working on.

Mensajes Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 9:53 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)