Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DMC-1 / DAC-2 support in new V 5 - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

I have the old school DMC & DAC. Will the original plugins work? If not, when?

Thanks!

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 6:00 pm
Yes these will work.

I have a DAC2 working on my home/test system - got it going last night.

place the DAC2.dll in the control folder in the Mydocuments/virstualdj/effects/controldevices folder

not in the program directory - I made the slip and it gave me no end of greif untill I talked to cstoll and read the update folder. (general discussion forum)

have fun.

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 6:44 pm
Which one works best for you? I'm a current PCDJ old red user. Would prefer a simple learning curve. :)

Thanks much!

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 7:14 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Controller support did not change in V5, all prior controller support is still there.

Make sure the DLL is in the correct directory structure as Marcel mentioned.
When you download and install the mapper it may install under the OLD Program Files\\VirtualDJ structure.
So just copy it to the MyDocuments\\VirtualDJ\\Plugins\\ControlDevices

Here is a link to my mapper - http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2945
Please read the readme included as part of the install.

cstoll

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 8:26 pm
ewitles wrote :
Which one works best for you? I'm a current PCDJ old red user. Would prefer a simple learning curve. :)

Thanks much!

I'm not sure.

I have a DMC2 and a DAC2 i like both.

Personally I think the DMC2 isn't all that much better than a DAC. other than the video crossfade buttons on the DMC2 there really isn;t much difference. With cstoll's mapper the DAC2 can hang in there with the new controllers and do quite fine.

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 8:53 pm
Hi,
I have a DAC3 in my VDJ system and have the latest mapper in the correct folder.
I'm having an issue with the pitch slider hanging up if I wish to use it after a song is first loaded.
If I push the slider up and down about 1 inch it will start to work and be fine.
If I move it less than that initially, it will not respond.
Once it moves it is accurate and fine until I load the next song.
Anyone else having that issue and what can you suggest.
Thanks for your help.

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 10:00 pm
This is the 'safe pitch' feature, which triggers when the software pitch slider in VDJ doesn't match the actual position of the hardware one, allowing you to move it to the correct position without a sudden change in pitch. The display indicates how much to move it by (See the safe pitch section in the DAC3Mapper.txt manual included in the mapper .ZIP file for further details.)

This is probably being triggered when loading songs because you either have 'Auto Pitch Matching' and/or 'Pitch Reset on Load' enabled in Config -> Options in VDJ's settings. Both of these will alter the software pitch, causing the software/hardware sliders to no-longer match. You should disable these options to prevent this from happening.

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 1:17 am
Thanks gang -

I was referring to preferred plugin - cstoll or pern. I have both a DMC-1 on my gig rig and a DAC-2 on my piddling rig.

I never actually used FX or VRM. I was (and somewhat still) hardcore RED 5.2 user. I would prefer that type of functionality but not at the expense of a more versatile means of operation.

I don't do video - yet nor do I plan to purchase another controller at this time - unless it's the new DENON.

With the new 5.0, I am really wanting to learn VDJ for live performances.

Thanks again!!

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 1:14 pm
Welcome to the light my freind.

LOL

You'll find that VDJ is head and shoulders above and incarnation of PCDJ.

I used to use red as well, the version from 2002 - with out master tempo.

Mensajes Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 8:36 pm
Please dont forget the old DMC-1, do the DAC 2 & 3 Mappers / plugins work with the DMC-1 apart from the missing buttons on DMC compared to the DAC Controllers.

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 3:26 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
nitebeatdisco wrote :
Please dont forget the old DMC-1, do the DAC 2 & 3 Mappers / plugins work with the DMC-1 apart from the missing buttons on DMC compared to the DAC Controllers.

Can you even still get the upgrade chips for DMC1s? I've got one from my PCDJ days that I'm not using anymore - would be nice to be able to upgrade it so that it could be used as a VDJ controller....

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:27 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"Please dont forget the old DMC-1"

Don't worry ;-) The DMC-1 mapper on the site works fine but i will soon release 2 new mappers for DMC-1. I got 2 of these controllers myself and really like them.

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:32 am

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 8:34 am

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 9:03 am
OKay I have a quick question for pern or cstoll.

Does vdj see the dmc1 and dac2 as the same controller? or are the drivers etc, the exact same?

The reason I ask is that I want a 2nd controller to make a multi-instance 4 deck setup and don;t really want to spend a lot of money on an experiment.

I know when 2 of the same controller vdj get confused and starrts the same deck on BOTH instances.

It's either a DMC1 or I guess I'll have to get a second DMC2 and don;t really want to spend that kind of money untill I work out the bugs first.

BTW I tryed my DAC2 and DMC2 together in a multi-instance set-up when I first got my numark controller and it wroked fine.

That's what put the bug in my ear.

CHeers

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 2:54 pm
I think we had this discussion before.... The DMC-1/DAC-2 with a DMC-2 will work because VDJ sees then as two separate controllers. I think that was one reason you bought the DMC-2. Any how, two DAC-2s will collide for control and I am sure (though not tested) a DMC-1 and DAC-2 would do the same. The only way it will consistently possibly work is that at each launch of VDJ you would have to configure each instance of VDJ to a different COM port. I don't think VDJ will remember the different settings per instance.

Hope that helps...

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:08 pm
We touched on it but I never considered the DMC1 before. I bought the DMC2 because of made-for-vdj.

This is just a pet project. I guess the only way to know for sure is to get another DAC2/DMC1 and give it a try.

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 4:16 pm
I have a DAC in my companys other rig that I havent updated to 5 yet as I was beta testin 5 before and their system is another license #. Hopefully within the next week I will get the ole DAC2 hooked up and see how she works:)

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 4:46 am
karutyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Until Version 4.0 I used the DMC1 with the DAC-2 / DMC-1 Mapper v1.3 from daniels. Now I upgraded to v5 (great work!), but the mapper is not compatible anymore... The mapper from pern is also cool, but I miss some functions of the old one, especailly the setting of more than one cue-point!
So, is it a big deal to convert the old version into a new one? Can anybody explain to me how this works, or do this? Or pern, is it possible for you to include this into your mapper?
cheers
karuty

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 6:25 pm
You need to copy the mapper into the My Documents\\VirtualDJ\\Plugins\\ControlDevice directory.

Also, if you want to try my mapper (based around daniels with some modifications) you can download it here...
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2945

You can set upto - 9 cue points and there is a SAFE NO CUE point setting - Where if you hit CUE no CUE Point is set.

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 6:37 pm
87%