Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: upgrading to vdj5

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I was using 3.4 before dowloading v5. do i need to download v4 before downloading 5 or can i go from 3.4 directly to 5.
the browser seems to be having trouble finding a lot of my music. i also keep getting the corrupted data base error. i click
on the fix data base button and it says things are fixed but everytime i open up vdj i keep getting the same error message.
also everytime i try to build a playlist i cant seem to just add songs to the list becasue it erases the songs i previously added
and only keeps the new ones. i am excited about the v5 release just dont undertand why so many issues. 3.4 is as steady as
a rock. please help.

musicman

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 3:01 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need to upgrade to v4 then v5 - V5 updates a V4 Database so you need to update the database from 3.4 to 4 by installing V4 first. Make a copy of your 3.4 DB though before you start the process.

You can read this post for more info --
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75041/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Install_v5_in_same_folder_as_v4_3.html

Have you read the guide about playlists? - http://www.virtualdj.com/support/VDJ5-UserGuide_for_Updates.pdf
What is the setting in the Config -> Options tab -> AutoLoad Playlists ?

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 3:38 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had the same problem where as V 5 was not getting all the data.
Follow CSTOLL's instructions. Install ver 4 then 5; Worked for me.

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:30 pm
thank you cstoll and bogart for your replies. i did exactly as you said and eveything seems to be working fine.
i still have a few things to figure out but so far so good. the sound engine is much better than v3.4. qudos
developement team. i will admit 3.4 is a tough act to follow though. 3.4 was my first experience with virtual
dj and it made quite an impression with me and my clients.

thanks again
an excited musicman

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 11:10 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I agree that 3.4 is the most stable for me as well. That's why I kept using it until now.
I still have to give Ver 5 more testing before I will put it on my main system.
So far just a few things I need to get used to, but 5 seems to be pretty good.

Mensajes Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 11:45 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)