Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: 2 part question concerning Max Load and Video playback

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

What is the best setting for Max Load? Most of my MP3s are 10min or less. I do have the occasional 20 min and 74 min to play.

Does this apply to Video as well?

2nd part - Have you folks used VDJ to play standard movies? Like full length films? If so, what has the results been? Any settings to make life (and VDJ) happier? How does Max Load impact that?

VOB/DivX/MPG? what works best?

Not looking to 'manipulate' but just looking to use VDJ as a one size solution.

Thanks!

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 7:52 pm
I can tell you what works best for me. I use always in max load. The largest track I have tried to load is a 15 min Xmix mega mix. Even that bores me to tears, so anything longer then that, and I would slit my wrist. I use vob for video and they load pretty fast, even the 14 min mixes. I never wait for them to load before I start playing. I just timed that mix, and it took 73 seconds to load. I was also running a video with 2 lines of text scrolling. So, I guess it all depends on how fast your processor is, how much, and how fast your ram is. It would be quicker to just play the movie through the drive.

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 10:00 pm
I don't think the actual video (and therefore its length) plays much of a factor in the loading. VirtualDJ only decompresses the entire audio into a raw format and not the video. So Max Load should still affect VirtualDJ but you should not notice any more performance drop in loading a 74 minute video than you would loading a 74 minute audio file. If you load a 74 minute track, that would require 650MB of memory, and another 50MB for VirtualDJ perhaps and then maybe another 300MB for Windows. That would take you upto at least 1GB of memory usage!

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 10:04 pm
I can load a 1g VOB- it loads in just over a minute... but I can play while loading on MAX LOAD. Now it may freeze if I load the long track and then change my mind want to put something else in it's place... not always but it can freeze.

Full size movie should be played on DVD player

Mensajes Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 11:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)