Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Anyone on Xbox Live? - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I thought you made it clear a long time ago you were only in the market for a PS3. The Xbox 360 has a great games library already and should be the gamers console, although sadly we've seen previously with the Dreamcast that the hype machine (that is Sony) are damn good at what they do, marketing.

I think the Wii has outsold the 360 now, although other than Japan, the 360 is still outselling the PS3. But none of that matters. Just get whatever console which has the games that you want to play.

Who cares about an integrated/external blu-ray/hd-dvd player. We're all going to buy standalones anyway. Apple are successful with the iPhone even though they've omitted lots of key features available in just about every other phone (but they better improve their sms/mms support for the European market).

Mensajes Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 11:51 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
I thought you made it clear a long time ago you were only in the market for a PS3.

Yes, that was true.

But with all the hype about the Wii, I started doing some research on it and the PS3. I might pick up both of them now since the Wii is very different experience wise and fairly affordable.

I just happened to come across that article and posted it here since there are posts about both the xbox and PS3.

However yes, my chances of buying microsoft's product?

ZERO.

Andrew87 wrote :
The Xbox 360 has a great games library

They better, they've been out 3x longer than the PS3 which is cathing up in less than half the time.

Andrew87 wrote :
...the hype machine (that is Sony) are damn good at what they do, marketing.

There is NO bigger "hype machine" for poor products than microsoft.

As heavily as Sony markets it's products, at least at the end of the day their products pretty much live up to the hype and are fairly reliable (unlike microsoft's).

Andrew87 wrote :
I think the Wii has outsold the 360 now, although other than Japan, the 360 is still outselling the PS3.

As the articles I link state, 360 sales are stagnant. Resellers have them in their warehouses gathering dust. PS3 is gaining momentum and almost caught up despite having been released a year later.

Andrew87 wrote :
But none of that matters. Just get whatever console which has the games that you want to play.

OR will have. Again, the 360 has a larger library becuase of having been released earlier. Also, it's the only console using DirectX as opposed to OpenGL. If the Wii is outselling the 360 already, and the PS3 will soon be, and neither of those 2 are using DirectX, which architecture do you think the game developers are gonna standardize?

Andrew87 wrote :
Who cares about an integrated/external blu-ray/hd-dvd player. We're all going to buy standalones anyway.

WRONG!

The only reason that I, and this EXACT same sentiment has been echoed by hundreds of people that I've talked to, never bought a standalone Blu-ray player is because I/we ALL knew that the PS3 was gonna both a) be less expensive than a stand alone Blu-ray player and b) give us the option of owning a game console if we wanted one.

My point is, LOT'S of people are buying PS3's AS their standalone Blu-ray player, NOT just because it's a gaming console.

That is exactly why I would buy a PS3; Blu-ray player first, gaming second.

Andrew87 wrote :
Apple are successful with the iPhone even though they've omitted lots of key features available in just about every other phone (but they better improve their sms/mms support for the European market).

Apple's just pacing itself. There's no need to unleash everything all at once when it's multi-touch interface is already a HUGE differentiator from ANY other mobile phone... and they haven't even gotten started with how multi-touch will come into play later on as the competition tries to catch up.

I've heard the reference to sms support multiple times until the iPhone was launched and everybody realized that it's the first standard option on the iPhone's interface in the upper left hand corner.

There were just rumors going around that the iPhone didn't support sms text messaging... RIDICULOUS!

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 12:53 am
Man Quest you sure do HATE Microsoft.

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 1:18 am
ConQuest wrote :
However yes, my chances of buying microsoft's product?

ZERO.

Then please stay out of this thread with your fanbait. The exact same thing happened a year ago (unneccessary disecting replies and taking the thread offtopic) and then... well, no need to bring up the past.

You may also want to check out gamerankings.com to see that the 360 has (at least in the medias eyes) a much better library than the PS3, and that includes recent releases from the past 6 months. If you're into multiplatform gaming then you're going to want a 360 as developers have had a much easier time doing their thing for it, i.e. less jaggies, better graphically, smoother framerates (30fps vs 60fps) etc.

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 2:35 am
I agree Andrew. I see your point ConQuest, but this isn't a PS3 vs Xbox 360 thread. This thread is for people trying to network with other people on XB-Live so we have something in common during our downtime. Don't tread on our fun please. :-|

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 2:59 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Andrew87 wrote :
I've preferred Virtua Fighter to Tekken since Tekken Tag so I'm not going to miss not having Tekken 6.

You are joking, right? I didn't played Tekken Tag, but Tekken 5 and 5 DR on PS3 in HD are the greatest fighting games I ever played (until Tekken 6 comes out)! Virtua Fighter was never a good game, no dynamics and collision between characters, you can see that from miles away! I tried latest version 5 and although it looks great on PS3, the gameplay sucks so bad it is unbelievable! I replaced it instantly ;)
Sorry if this above sounds hard, but fighting games are almost all I play and I can't find no one that can beat me now in Tekken LOL :))
Check this out:
www.tekkenzaibatsu.com
;)

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 7:59 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Of course Fight night is better than both of them :).

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 12:22 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Bagpuss wrote :
Of course Fight night is better than both of them :).

Not the same type of the game but yes, Fight Night is awesome!
Nice signature Bren ;)

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 8:25 pm
Cheers mate,
For me a fighting game is a fighting game, I mainly play war/shooting games though.

About the console "wars", all three consoles are too far gone, unless something seriously goes wrong with one of them, don't expect any of the consoles to go anywhere within 2 years (at least).

The Wii has its own market, it's more of a fun, affordable, family games machine.
The 360 is a powerful games machine at a relatively low price, and has a wealth of games on offer.
The PS3 is a multimedia-gaming machine, still very exclusive and pricey, but in time the price will come down and more attractive games will be released.

The PS3 will steal and convert many of the 360's customers (over the next 12 months), but at such a time it will be too late to "kill" the console, rather the 360 will just look more standard at the side of the two consoles (like the PS2 to the 360 at the moment), until the 360 launches a new machine and the battle starts over.

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 11:00 pm
There's not really any basis for that comment (the 360 looking standard). The 360 has an obvious advantage over the PS2 in terms of hardware. The PS3 and 360 are more evenly matched, the PS3 having the advantage in terms of movie playback - although the 360 is a media center extender. However, the best multimedia device is still a hacked Xbox 1 console. It's common for developers to say that the 360 is the better platform to develop for in terms of AI and graphics, Splinter Cell Convictions being a recent example. Let's not forget that the PS3 has a downclocked 7900 GTX as its graphics card (although this can't be confirmed because Sony never released the speeds) and has only one core (two simultaneous threads) compared to the three of the 360 (six simultaneous threads). But let's forget about all those, because they can be propaganda spread by various media houses; instead we should look at multi-platform games.

The 360 versions generally tend to look better or sometimes have a better framerate (e.g. 60fps instead of 30fps). The most recent example of a multi-platform game to conform to this trend is Skate, there are many other titles too. There are only few titles which differ from this, such as Oblivion, which had an extra years development time for the PS3 version. The 360 is at least even in terms of hardware with the PS3 (commonly accepted its superior graphically {Xenos vs RSX} - although CPU head-to-heads are difficult to judge {Xenon vs Cell}), just compare the price of a standalone blu-ray player to the PS3, you get a free games console with the purchase of the blu-ray player. The hype machine are very good at letting people only know about their product but at least it works. Microsoft need to increase the reliability of the 360, the RROD problem is ridiculous.

* apologies to ConQuest, I am now as guilty as you are of what I had accused you off.

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 11:37 pm
What I meant was that the PS3's price will drop over time, and the price gap will get smaller, the blu-ray and other multimedia features of the PS3 (as well as the increased range of games) will probably be more appealing, so this could cause a slight problem, but I'm sure Microsoft have plenty of tricks up their sleeves too.

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 12:02 am
Their tricks in the Asian markets don't seem to be working very well

Mensajes Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 12:04 am
I sent requests to the people who have responded with their Gamertags.

Mensajes Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 1:54 am
My 360 just made it to the service center. May be a couple of weeks before I respond to your request.

DJ Derrick E.
(Working on his trigger fingers for Halo 3.)

Mensajes Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 2:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)