Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: My Strange Crashes - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

But cel, these are all videos, I work almost exclusively with video. All videos are ripped by me from DVD using the same software (dvddecrypter) and converted to mpeg1 using the same software (tmpgenc 4 express). So there are no complicated tags, no strangeness anywhere, EVERY file is named in the format :-

<Artist> - <Song Title>.mpg

The only other tags as such are whatever VDJ adds as a result of analysing. It doesn't happen on any particular song, it can happen on one song, but previously and afterwards, that song plays fine. This is totally random, yet you stop VDJ from analysing the tags as deeply and accessing the database as much and the problem goes away.

HOWEVER, it has meant that a new and completely different problem has arisen :-

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/77074/General_Discussion/A_New_Problem.html

Now I can safely say that the above "new problem" wasn't happening before I changed settings re database (above) So, I have removed one problem yet introduced a new one. This new one writes nothing to the crashlog, it just freezes the video, locks you out of the interface, but the music continues to play. Notice with the first problem that it was different in that it did a crashguard and video didn't freeze. To me this says that VDJ is having a problem with either the way it is reading tags or the way it is accessing it's database. You change the way it does this and you get a different sort of crash. The two crash types no not cross over, ie one set of settings you get crash A, but not crash B. Another set of settings and you get crash B but not crash A.

Using 4.3 previously on exactly the same files was completely flawless, I can say in all honesty that it was rock solid, never had to do a restart mid gig, can't remember the last time it crashed.

I know you get your fair share of noobs etc in here, but I'd like to think I'm a fairly proficient user of this software (my experienced pro user badge says something) I'm 43 years old and been playing with computers since the BBC model B. My net history can be traced back (google) MANY years, my previous software experience goes back as far as having beta tested for Sega (in the megadrive days no less)

Reading through the various problems on here, there are a number of very experienced people having problems that seem to be related in that they seem to happen when tags/database are accessed. These may not become so apparent with the home users and bedroom dj's as, and no disrespect intended here, they just don't thrash their systems as much as someone in a professional environment does.

As for being wrong about not following topics, please explain why what is an obvious and ongoing issue gets ignored for 6 days, but then it takes 24 hours to jump in and defend a criticism?

Tell me i'm wrong?

As I've said before, you have someone here who is prepared to do the homework on this and work with you, not just expect support to sort everything out, but it's a two way street.

Also realise cel, it's not you personnaly i'm having a pop at here, I know that you personnaly do a LOT for the VDJ community, especially with the plugins, and i not only appreciate it but am a supporter.

Mensajes Sun 16 Sep 07 @ 10:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)