Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual Folders Crashing/Freezing My System

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have a thread started in the general discussion but I felt that I should post it here also. Check out this thread: Virtual Folders Crashing My System. The Dev Team has responded so maybe its being looked into.

Beginning of Thread:

For some reason the only time I have a problem with Virtual Vinyl (VDJ) crashing is when I am adding Videos to Virtual Folders. ie. I create a Virtual Folder and drag my files to it. Every so often my system freezes or just straight up crashes. If I don't mess with Virtual Folders I never have a problem. I like to organize my music in playlists by BPM's 90-95, 95-100, 100-105...ect. Then I make other lists for specific times of the night 12:00, 2:00...ect. I do this in iTunes or in SSL with Crates using MP3's just fine. I desperately need to get my Video collection organized better. All my files are labeled perfect, but again, I can't create a playlist. I started a thread a while back about Virtual Folders crashing the program but thought that maybe the 5.0 release would have fixed the problem.

Are Virtual Folders crashing the program for anyone else? .

How do you organize your Video Playlists?

Last Post as of Lately:

I will post the crashguard info later today. I use a Macbook Pro and have to reboot in Windows XP (via Bootcamp) which partion I don't use the internet on. I will also try to duplicate the crashes and explain exactly when it is happening. As for now, let me give the best explaination I can:

1st my computer :: Macbook Pro - 2.33ghz dual - 3 gigs Ram - I do not run OS X with VDJ (VV in my case). I run Windows XP via Bootcamp (bootcamp lets me boot Windows on my Intel Mac). It runs Windows natively. I doubt it is a computer performance issue. My system is optimized for VDJ on my Windows partion. It is the only program I use, I do not go on the interenet, and all my uneeded background services are off. I have used VDJ live 4 times so far. No crashes or hiccups in the 4-5 hour all video sets. The only time I have had this crash happen is when I am trying to organize my videos into Virtual Folders .

These are examples on how I am trying to organize my Virtual Folders. I create the folders, than go through my database inserting the appropriate videos.

bpm: 95-100
bpm: 100-105
bpm: 110-115

I am getting the crash when I am dragging files from my database to the Vitual Folder. ie. I'm scrolling through the database and come accross - Snoop, Akon : I wanna Luv You - I then highlight it and drag it to the 100-105 folder that I created. VDJ creates the shortcut inside the Virtual Folder and I scroll back through my database looking for another song that I want in the folder. NOW it doesn't always crash or freeze the program. Only roundabout 10% of the time. One day I organized like 50 tracks and it didn't freeze. The next I did like 5 and it frooze. I re-started and it did it after like 15.

Now about the crash/freeze: It has once or twice but it usually does not shut VDJ or Windows down, it just freezes the interface. ie. I am not able to scroll through the database anymore. If I click on the sampler it still will show the database but the sampler will be overlayed on top. I am not able to activate anything. If a video was playing, it will continue to play. Sometimes with a slight pause than continuing until the track is over, sometimes the external monitor (TV) will go black but the sound will still come out. The only way I can get out of the freeze is to control/alt/delete.

Well there is some info so far. I will try to duplicate it and give specific details along with the crashguard. Thanks for the assistance in trying to resolve this issue. I know it is been happening to quite a few other users.

Charlie Five

Mensajes Sun 16 Sep 07 @ 5:27 pm
Hey C5 I know this wont solve the issue at hand, but why not make a playlist instead of a virtual folder, I am in the process of doing the same thing, I find myself always looking for a specific BPM so the outcome of this issue interests me!! Any further info you have or wanna chat about PM me:)

Mensajes Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 11:25 am
webe3PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I there I had the same problem only with MP3s. After about 8 or 9 drag and drops into a V folder everything locks up and I have to restart the program. I downloaded and installed 5.0 rev 4 and it seemed to take care of the problem...but now I have other problems. Hope it helps....Mike

Mensajes Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 8:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)