Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: playing itunes files in vdj

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ddrmjsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've been trying to get purchased itunes tracks to work in vdj... their extension is .m4p. I went in to vdj and added the extension and assigned the mp3 decoder but still no luck just getting error.

Anyone have a solution for this?

ps. im using vdj pro 5.0 trial atm

Mensajes Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 9:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If they are DRM protected files they will not play in VDJ.

Mensajes Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 1:28 pm
Try napster, their tracks play without a problem.

Also, you can try burning the songs to cd, then rip the cd to mp3 and play them that way;^]

Mensajes Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 1:32 pm
About napster... does the built in napster thing for vdj work well? Also, I've looked into napster before and I couldn't find it anywhere. I was trying to find out what the bit rate of the songs are and the file format of the songs when you purchase from napster. Timmy do you know?

Also, in your opinion.. what do you feel is better? purchasing the songs from napster or purchasing the songs w/ a subscription?

Mensajes Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 3:16 pm
Unfortunatly the napster browser in VDJ doesn't work at all right now, but I've run tons of tests with VDJ running at the same time with napster, and while downloading with napster and never had any problems. Format is DRM protected WMA at 128 kps and 192 kps, all sound pretty good and play in VDJ without problems. The draw back of regular subscription downloads is you can't burn them to cd or if you use multiple boot profiles will not play on the other boot profile wheras purchased tracks can be burned to cd and then ripped back as mp3 without any DRM protection. To download as a light subscriber (no subscriptions just purchasing tracks) go to napster.com and register as you would if you were signing up for a subscription, but just don't enter a payment method. Or if you want a subscription, ditto but add a payment method. You can make a billing agreement for purchasing tracks after you purchase your first tracks. Hope that helped, just remember if you do karaoke that their karaoke tracks are audio only;^]

Mensajes Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 10:02 pm
ddrmjs wrote :
About napster... does the built in napster thing for vdj work well? Also, I've looked into napster before and I couldn't find it anywhere. I was trying to find out what the bit rate of the songs are and the file format of the songs when you purchase from napster. Timmy do you know?

Also, in your opinion.. what do you feel is better? purchasing the songs from napster or purchasing the songs w/ a subscription?

Me personally, I use the monthly subscription, BUT you have to be careful cause sometimes they get rid of songs then you go to play and get an error, other than that it is great.

Mensajes Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 11:57 pm
ive gotten away from even trying to play itunes from vdj i jsut put it on the ole ipod and use a 3.5mm plug in the head phones jack and turn it up 3/4 and use the gains and such on the mixer.(3.5---rca\phono jacks)

Mensajes Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 2:26 am
with napster when you have a subscription and you download tracks (not buy them)... do i have to be connected to the internet to play those .wma files that are saved in the napster folder in virtualdj?

Mensajes Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 2:09 am
I don't think you do have to connect, I'll have to check on that later;^]

Mensajes Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 2:55 am
ddrmjs wrote :
with napster when you have a subscription and you download tracks (not buy them)... do i have to be connected to the internet to play those .wma files that are saved in the napster folder in virtualdj?

When you set up your napster options, be sure to create a napster specific folder and change the download directory to that folder (best place is beside your other music folders) and if you plan on downloading alot of files (right now I have almost 800) make sure to check the box for creating sub folders by artist/ album. I also, due to the large number of files create my own subfolders in my napster folder for genres (reggae, hip hp, country, blues, etc. etc.) and then once files are downloaded move their folders to the matching genre folder. This does create a little problem if you plan to listen through the napster player, but I can give you instructions on fixing the library for that if you need it. Also, it's a good idea to set folder containing your napster tracks as a favorite folder, personaly I just set my "my music" folder as a favorite and have my napster folder in that folder.

I did just test a couple napster songs in VDJ while disconnected from the internet & they played fine, though make sure to run your napster software regularly to keep licencses updated.

And btw, welcome aboard;^]

Mensajes Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 3:23 am
Thanks timmy, that information is really helpful.

Yeah I'm not really concerned whether or not if I move the files and they don't work in the napster player. I just wanted to make sure they work in VDJ when I'm offline.

How exactly does that work though? I mean, lets say I go a yearly subscription to napster... does it change some kind of information in all the files I downloaded that tells the computer that "so and so" files are playable until [date]? Weird, but cool I guess.

Also, if I set cue points and stuff on these downloaded files, does vdj still store all the data when I exit vdj?

Thanks for the greets, makes me regret that I waited so long to upgrade!

Mensajes Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 3:48 am
Not exactly sure, honestly I haven't been on napster for 30 days yet, so I'm not sure if the files have to be connected regularly or just the software, but I'm guessing the software because that's what it says for connecting my NTG mp3 player (connect it to napster once a month to keep the player license updated). I do use the napster player some, though I mostly need the napster library for transferring to and from my napster mp3 player. And yes, cue points have saved for me when exiting VDJ. Glad I could help, believe it or not I almost gave up on VDJ from the start when I got my mk2. Put it up on ebay & then took it down to give it a second chance, a fateful decision that would change my life. Couple months later upgraded to pro & never looked back;^]

Mensajes Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 4:07 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)