Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Apple Iphone It's f*** Awesome - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm not really into all this new mobile phone technology with all these gadgets on. I just want a phone that I can call people with, and I know we had this sort of post before, but I've had my first expierence of the new apple Iphone and to tell you the truth it's fcuking awesome.

My mate as just sign a mobile contact and he brought his new toy, as he calls it, round to show me. I couldn't believe how good it is. It's like a pocket pc. All you guys before you start calling it just have a good go on one and you will be very surprised. I was.

I just can't believe how advance it is. I've got to give credit, where credit is due.

Watch out Microsoft, Apple is coming big style.

Jimmy b

Mensajes Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:42 pm
Hey man this is not an "APPLE"forum:-(
if you like that thing buy it!!!
or post in an apple forum they will like it:-)
i think it`s -
far overpriced -locked to a special provider-typical APPLE!

Mensajes Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 10:49 pm
don't take the detailed bill otherwise expect a novel arriving at your door each month LOL

Mensajes Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 10:51 pm
discotronic wrote :

No, this is the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum, and although the iPhone is an Apple product, it's not a VDJ Mac technical support topic.

He's within his rights to have posted this here.

discotronic wrote :

I'm sure he will.

270,000 sold in only 30 hours here in the U.S., over 10,000 on the first day in Germany, 8,000 in France in the first day. The numbers will be just as big when it hits China, Singapore, and Austria shortly.

1 out every 4 "smart phones" sold here in the U.S. is an iPhone which is why the less than 5 month old phone already has 27% marketshare: http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2007/11/21/iphone-grabs-27-of-us-smartphone-market/

That's taking into consideration that the iPhone is only 1 model, it's only Apple's 1st phone, and that there are hundreds of phones from many other manufacturers and on different carrier networks to choose from.

Yet again, Apple proves that "bigger' isn't better, but that "better is better".

Apple's iPhone is better.

discotronic wrote :

Being the Mac forum moderator, I like it just fine right here because it's a GENERAL DISCUSSION about a product that does NOT require "VDJ Mac version technical support", regardless of the fact that it's made by Apple.

You're not a mod or even vip, so who are you to be talking to him that way or trying to "regulate" him?

discotronic wrote :
i think it`s -

Typical misinformation from unknowledgeable microsoft/windows apologists, and others are now starting to realize that all that is untrue about Apple products:

DJ Cyder wrote :
For anyone considering a high end notebook the apple is actually one of the best deals out there. I looked a comparable dell or sony is actually more money the the macbook pro

That old "Macs (Apple products) are too expensive" microsoft and windows computer manufacturer (in the iPhones case it would be primarily Nokia, Sony, LG, Motorola, Blackberry, Palm, etc.) propoganda is so transparent at this point that it's not even funny.

If you're not Apple you're not leading in innovation. If you're against them because of false, antiquated misinformation you're either following, or even worse (and dumber), not following their lead. If you're not following as a competitor or end user, then get out the way and get left behind.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

DJ_whiteDVL wrote :
don't take the detailed bill otherwise expect a novel arriving at your door each month LOL

That's funny. ;)

But that billing issue was an at&t billing goof, not Apple's... and it has been fixed for months now.

Mensajes Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 11:37 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
The only downfall to the iphone is Cingular if you ever had service with them you'll know what I mean. Other then that its pretty great. Just too bad its locked to one network. Imagine EV-DO from Verizon would of done for it.

Mensajes Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 11:59 pm
Cyder, be careful. Don't forget that iphone nut in AC. What a meltdown.

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 12:02 am
i would have got one if it had buttons

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 12:40 am
DJ Cyder wrote :
The only downfall to the iphone is Cingular if you ever had service with them you'll know what I mean.

I switched to Cingular from Sprint in 2002 after having been with Sprint PCS since 1997. I only did that because SJ had announced a partnership at that years WWDC between Apple, Cingular, and Sony-Ericsson (Sony-Ericsson was soon after replaced by Apple with Motorola because Sony started hating on Apple because of the iPods success which knocked Sony's Walkman mobile music player dynasty into the history books... Motorola's HORRID lack of design prowess as exhibited with the first "iTunes phone", the ROKR, spurred Apple even harder to design their own phone which they had already been doing anyways).

The reason I point all of this out is because most people think that Apple simply cranked out a phone in a few months with some new, untried and untested features that look cool, and ultimately just "got lucky" with the iPhone.

Get this straight everyone. There was NO LESS than 5 years of R&D put into this iPhone project, and the multi-touch input interface that it introduced to the world is just the tip of the iceberg for a new age of computing, computer input, and technology interaction. Apple, the same company that popularized the mouse input device (* despite industry "experts" saying that it would fail) in 1984 and brought it to the world's stage with the first Macintosh, will be the same company that kills the mouse.

* WYE, WYG: Taking Out the Trash Talkers: http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2007/11/03/wye-wyg-taking-out-the-trash-talkers/

BACK TO CINGULAR THOUGH (sorry Cyder): ;)
Cingular was bad back then but I really haven't had any problems with them (in anyway, including coverage) since summer of 2004 (in the first half of 2004 I wanted to go to their customer service center and start kicking Cingular phone operators in their throats though, which is why I got 2 months free).

DJ Cyder wrote :
Other then that its pretty great.

Do you own one Cyder, or have just played around with one? (I'm just wondering).

jimmy b started this thread (regardless of how enthusiastically) because he simply played with his friends iPhone. I for one can say that I (and obviously the vast majority of people as evidenced by the iPhones unprecedented sales numbers internationally) was equally as impressed at first, and the satisfaction still hasn't died down for me primarily because of a decades worth of inferior, antiquated phone experiences.

I'm obviously not alone, as a recent survey shows that iPhone owners have a satisfaction rating of 82%. The "closest" 2nd was RIM's phone owners at only 51% and everyone else was under 50% with Sony-Ericsson bringing up the rear at only 31%: http://www.changewave.com/freecontent/2007/10/alliance-102207-AppleDoesntDisappoint.html

DJ Cyder wrote :
Just too bad its locked to one network.

Yeah, that's the sore spot for a lot of people and will remain so because Apple won't budge on this (they'll leave it to the carriers to iron it out - they only want tight integration and therefore a much higher level of quality control ) and/or unless people warm up to the idea of buying unlocked iPhones at ridiculously higher prices such as is the case in Germany: http://www.n-tv.de/882630.html

DJ Cyder wrote :
Imagine EV-DO from Verizon would of done for it.

Agreed.

But Apple's not sweating not being with Verizon. Verizon is definitely sweating not having teamed with Apple though.

Everyone's wondering why Apple would agree to a 5 YEAR exclusive agreement with at&t. It's actually quite simple: When SJ announced the iPhone in January, Apple started development on the 2nd iPhone (due at MacWorld or shortly thereafter) even before the 1st iPhones release. They are rumored to already be working on the 3rd iPhone (due next summer) and have already publicly announced the iPhone SDK for the 1st quarter of 2008 which will start bringing quality controlled, Apple authorized 3rd party apps.

By the time Apple's on it's 3rd version of the iPhone complete with 3rd party apps during the summer of 2008, the other manufacturers will barely (maybe) be catching up to June 2007's 1st iPhone.

No one should hold their breath in regards to seeing if Apple will ever give up it's lead in this innovative new market.

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 1:19 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
ConQuest wrote :
No one should hold their breath in regards to seeing if Apple will ever give up it's lead in this innovative new market.

Tucker was an innovator, Invented power steering and seat belts. See what happened to him. Often times the innovator of any technology is not the one to cash in from it.

And with all due respect ConQuest, these long winded sales pitches are a bit wearing on the nerves. I see apple and I think "here he comes again".
Lets all pray no one mentions Sir Issac Newton and the apple hitting him in the head. Fabio might not read the whole post and start off on a prolonged sales pitch....lol..

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 1:30 am
Rick and Terry-

This thread was started by jimmy b about his iPhone experience. Whether the iPhone is made by Apple or not doesn't matter, nor does it warrant being sent to the Mac forums as this is NOT an Atomix/Numark VDJ Mac product topic.

It doesn't belong there anymore than it belongs in the pc forums, because it is about a product (not Atomix/Numark Mac OR windows dj software) and a VDJ users' GENERAL experience with that product.

He was promptly addressed in this manner which was the first response to the thread originators initial post:

discotronic wrote :
i think it`s -

Why was that response incorrect and why does this iPhone thread belong in GENERAL discussion? Because over 43% of iPhone customers are NOT Mac users. That is a pretty GENERAL public appeal.

Are you 2 serious, and/or blind in thinking that I'm the one to lash out on here?

Rick, I'll take your misguided attack on me (how is this in anyway an "inflammatory specific Mac offensive" that I've mounted) in stride as you probably just read my post. Had you read the thread originators initial post and the ensuing, unnecessary attack on him, I would think that you would more clearly see where your comments should be directed.

Terry, with all due respect... pfff, who am I kidding?

Oh, I mean... lol!

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 2:41 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Dude, you are way too sensitive, must be an Apple thing. I was making a freaking joke, hence my Isaac Newton reference. If I was trying to piss you off I would have said Al Gore hates Apple....

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 3:28 am
Microsoft isn't the one that has to worry too much. It is Research In Motion's (RIM) market that they are trying to tap into. RIM are the people who make the Blackberry. I toyed with getting an Iphone, but stuck with the Blackberry 8800. The fact that they didn't put a GPS receiver but kept me from getting it. I do like the web browser, but I don't do too much browsing on my phone. Email is my main app.

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 3:45 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Only having played with one in the store for a limited time I liked the design and overall feel of the unit. Its too bad because I have an on going battle over their lacking accounting department, but thats another story. I like the phone however through my battles with Cingular now ATT I'll never go back to that network again. Nothing against Apple just against their choice in supporting networks (or lack of one here in Northen, Pa.)

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 4:20 am
My mom and dad both own them, and they are sweet, but apple's holier than thou crap comes through loud and clear once again. You can't use third party software, so I can't process customer credit cards on my phone, I can't use my bluetooth GPS, or any of the other devices and apps I like using.. That, and it's incredibly slow on wifi, and unusably slow on the edge network.. But like most other Apple products, they flip the consumer the middle finger and say "screw you! Despite it's many shortcomings, you'll buy it anyway because it looks cool like everything else we make." and you know what? we do still buy them. Notice apple didn't sell shit for laptops back when they were the old black "wallstreet" style... they were ugly... Only when they started making them look like candy bars did they start moving them. Were apple to revert to a non-stylish format again, you'd undoubtedly see sales drop.

On the flip side, the visual voicemail is truly an innovation. I wish I had that on verizon.

If apple would open the phone up, add GPS support, and make a model for 3g networks, it would be the phone to end all phones.. as of now, it's basically an ipod touch that makes phone calls. Therefore, I'll buy an ipod touch for the gee whiz stuff, and keep my verizon phone for the real features I need.

I'm a huge apple fan, and a mac owner from way back... but that doesn't mean that everything apple touches rocks!

they've had their share of stinkers too!

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 5:52 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

God, all I was saying how good the technology was, it wasn't a personal attack on anybody,

Lighten up guys. Has this forum got to serious or what.

Jimmy b

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 6:40 am
X1LoVeRPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
jimmy b wrote :
... It's like a pocket pc. ... I just can't believe how advance it is. I've got to give credit, where credit is due...

Can you run VDJ on it ?? If it's not in such a way, I dont need it , hehe
;o)

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 11:50 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Be sure once it hit in singapore, most prob by jan next year, i be one of them to have it..fast..hehe :>)

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 12:00 pm
djderricke wrote :
Microsoft isn't the one that has to worry too much. It is Research In Motion's (RIM) market that they are trying to tap into. RIM are the people who make the Blackberry. I toyed with getting an Iphone, but stuck with the Blackberry 8800. The fact that they didn't put a GPS receiver but kept me from getting it. I do like the web browser, but I don't do too much browsing on my phone. Email is my main app.

You are absolutely correct about RIM needing to worry, but actually Apple isn't going after the smart phone market (Blackberry's, Treos, etc.) with this version of the iPhone. They've stated this very clearly. The fact that it happens to be penetrating it is just a testament to the fact that when Apple does launch a "smartphone killer", it'll be very easy fot them to do so.

As evidenced in the customer satisfaction poll I linked above, RIM is in 2nd place with a 51% approval rating while the iPhone is at 82%.

BTW, if you really want other apps on an iPhone right now (not GPS yet... see below), you can "jailbreak' it and install 3rd party apps as so many have done (although I wouldn't suggest it as it voids your warranty and significantly decreases the security of the iPhone because you never know how good and secure those 3rd party apps. Here's a list of some of the apps: http://iphoneapplicationlist.com/

HOWEVER, I'd suggest waiting for Apple to officially release their iPhone SDK to developers in February and see what 3rd party apps come out of that. I know GPS will be within the top 3 that will get released along with probably microsoft exchange server email support and other essentials currently found in smartphones and not in the iPhone.

I suspect we'll see an "iPhone Pro" (this is also one of the reasons that the iPhone dropped down into the consumer pricing bracket) intended for the business sector (above business related apps pre-installed including GPS, no camera for security purposes, pricing will start at iPhone's original pricing of $499, etc.) and targeted directly at the smartphone market by summer of next year at the latest, probably at Apple's annual summer WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference) which is primarily it's professional product launch event (as opposed to it's annual January MacWorld event which is aimed at consumer products).

mp3jrick wrote :
ConQuest wrote :

Being the Mac forum moderator, I like it just fine right here because it's a GENERAL DISCUSSION about a product that does NOT require "VDJ Mac version technical support", regardless of the fact that it's made by Apple.

Actually Fabio, at the top of your forum it says "moderated by: - ConQuest -

All about Virtual DJ, Numark Virtual Vinyl or Numark Cue for mac, and mac discussions in general. "

Ummm... and this is different exactly how? Maybe because I don't have "moderator" under my name where instead I have "Mac Ambassador"? I really don't want more titles under my name, because then we'd also have to add "Mac beta tester" and so on.

More titles are unnecessary.

But when I go on any forums, anywhere online, and I see "moderated by", I tend to think that the names following that statement are the names of ... oh, call me crazy ... moderators.

Otherwise, why do I have the ability to modify, sticky, lock, and even delete threads on the Mac forums?

Those are all responsibilities given to moderators as far as I'm concerned, whether they're labeled as such or not.

TearEmUp wrote :
... If I was trying to piss you off I would have said Al Gore hates Apple....

Ok, now that's funny. ;)

Steve Lynch wrote :
If apple would open the phone up, add GPS support, and make a model for 3g networks, it would be the phone to end all phones.

Open iPhone:

"Steve Jobs announced an iPhone SDK today."

http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/17/162238&from=rss

GPS iPhone (hack ... for now):

"Whoa, the iPhone just got GPS."

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/iphone-gps-hack-works-301459.php

3G iPhone:

"Jobs confirmed Apple's plans for a 3G iPhone in 2008"

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/confirmed/jobs-confirms-3g-iphone-coming-2008-300900.php

You're comment about "slow wi-fi" on the iPhone doesn't really make sense. A wi-fi networks speed is that speed whether it's being accessed from an iPhone or not.

The iPhone is 802.11 b/g compliant and I download video just as quickly on it as I do on my MacBook Pro. 802.11n isn't going to happen on the iPhone until the chipsets get smaller, less expensive, and battery drainage is reduced.

Steve Lynch wrote :
I'm a huge apple fan, and a mac owner from way back... but that doesn't mean that everything apple touches rocks!

they've had their share of stinkers too!

Agreed. Especially between 1986 and 1996 when SJ wasn't there.

But since the return of Steve Jobs as Apple iCEO in 1997, the ratio of products that have come out of Apple as "stinkers" is FAR outweighed by the amount of products that have come out of Cupertino "smelling like roses."

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 1:30 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You just don't get it do you...

"All about Virtual DJ, Numark Virtual Vinyl or Numark Cue for mac, and mac discussions in general"

My point had nothing to do with freaking titles, it was to point out that (as I did in my elevated post), "mac discussions in general" now have a place to hang.
And now you have turned this phone thread into another one of your pro apple is the best campaigns with the long winded multi quote short stories.

Get the message dude...

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 3:05 pm
mp3jrick wrote :
You just don't get it do you...

"All about Virtual DJ, Numark Virtual Vinyl or Numark Cue for mac, and mac discussions in general"

My point had nothing to do with freaking titles, it was to point out that (as I did in my elevated post), "mac discussions in general" now have a place to hang.

No Rick, you don't seem to get it.

The iPhone is not a "Mac" even if it's made by Apple and it runs a modified version of Mac OS X because we are NOT DISCUSSING THE OS, nor does it have anything to do with dj'ing AT ALL, much less dj'ing on a Mac, which makes this topic a GENERAL DISCUSSION. I'l also reiterate, almost half of iPhone owners are windows users which makes this even LESS Mac-centric.

Here, let me break this down for you according to the same Mac forums topic description you've pointed out:
"All about [1]Virtual DJ, [2]Numark Virtual Vinyl or [3]Numark Cue for mac, and [4]mac discussions in general"

Did this thread started by registerd VirtualDJ Pro user "jimmy b" have to do with:

[1] - iPhone + VirtualDJ = No.

[2] - iPhone + Numark Virtual Vinyl = No

[3] - iPhone + Numark Cue for Mac = No

[4] - iPhone + Mac discussions in general = No.

This topic regarding HIS iPhone experience is NOT a Mac discussion in ANYWAY. It is a GENERAL DISCUSSION about a NON-DJ product sold internationally and who's customer base is in LARGE part, windows users.

If your point had nothing to do with "freaking titles" then why did you feel the need to "correct" me when I simply was stating that I am the Mac forum moderator (as in the only one that's listed... otherwise I would have gladly said "I'm A Mac forum moderator) and say, "Actually Fabio, at the top of your forum it says "moderated by: - ConQuest -"

Again I ask, that's different how?

Actually the thread was doing just fine until you blatantly took it out of context and tried to accuse me of making it a Mac vs. windows/Apple vs. microsoft thread, when I hadn't even done that.

I stated the iPhones sales numbers because they were relevant to this threads topic.

I defended Apple once against typical misinformation like "discotronic's" false statement that "Apple products are overpriced... typical APPLE!" and backed it up with a supporting post to the contrary made by "DJ Cyder" where he says, "For anyone considering a high end notebook the apple is actually one of the best deals out there. I looked a comparable dell or sony is actually more money the the macbook pro".

It seems you want to pick an argument with me based on what you think of me (and ways I may have acted in the past and/or on other threads, which are irrelevant to this thread) and things/people that I support, as opposed to what this thread's really about... iPhones.

NOT VirtualDJ iPhones, Virtual Vinyl iPhones, Cue iPhones, or Mac iPhones.

Just the iPhone.

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 4:13 pm
83%