Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Internal database corrupted

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i have virtual DJ version 3.4 and every time i use it a message stating "Internal Database Corrupted" appears. my bpm my comments time of songs are erased. Can some please help.

Mensajes Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 3:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
go to

programfiles/virtualdj

and open Virtual Dj database.xml

in text editor

you should see songs are like this

<Song FileName="DJ N'Erick feat. DJ Style - Satisfaction.mp3" FileSize="5572230" TagDate="511180255">
<Infos SongLength="15357312" Date="511180254" />
<BPM Bpm="18634" Phase="5077" />
<FAME IsScanned="1" Flag="7" Volume="6108" />
<Automix MixType="3" TempoStart="1346732" TempoEnd="13868780" CutStart="154176" CutEnd="14605024" FadeStart="26112" FadeEnd="14776320" />
</Song>

look for any songs which do not have the

</song> tag and add it

this can some times not be added some times if vdj doesnt close correctly

and this causes the database to currupt

Mensajes Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 3:55 pm
Thanks!!! is there any other reason why the database would crash, beside the problems you have explained?

Mensajes Fri 21 Dec 07 @ 7:05 pm
i'm also having this problem. however it happens every time i turn virtual dj on. please help. in the database i can write in there's is nothing like what you put up above and i can't even analyse new songs because the info just gets deleted when i shut it down.

Mensajes Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 1:53 pm
what version do you use the console version?

Mensajes Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 1:55 pm
version 3.4.1 with the mk2 console

Mensajes Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 1:57 pm
and there's only a very few songs in my database that look what you put earlier. cheers for any help

Mensajes Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 2:38 pm
could you post one of these songs database code here please

Mensajes Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 2:55 pm
<Song FileName="271833_Shine_Nero_Remix.mp3" FileSize="17924096" TagDate="704181814">
<Infos SongLength="19759104" Date="712021720" />
<BPM Bpm="15384" Phase="1672" BeatPhase="3" />
<FAME IsScanned="1" Volume="8955" />
<Automix MixType="1" CutStart="4909216" CutEnd="18693024" FadeStart="28160" FadeEnd="18791424" />
<Cue Num="0" Name="Cue 1" Pos="1272" />
</Song>

Mensajes Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 3:00 pm
alright that section looks correct, for that bit

are there any with any unclosed tags /> end of each line

and </song> at the end of each song

Mensajes Sat 22 Dec 07 @ 3:08 pm
so if your tags are all accounted for, and your still experiencing a database corruption.
what else can you do to resolve this problem.
please help i have a gig tonight.

Mensajes Sun 23 Dec 07 @ 1:43 pm
all the songs look the same it's just that there's not many of them at all, and even that song there isn't showing up as analysed when i actually turn virtual dj on. thanks again for helping by the way

Mensajes Mon 24 Dec 07 @ 7:17 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
USe this:

http://www.xmlvalidation.com/

You need to find the Virtual DJ Database.xml file in the installation directory and use the "or upload it" and click validate. If there are any glaring errors, it should find it.

Don't know how well it works because I malformed my xml intentionally in things that could go wrong and it didnt detect any of them. Only problem is better xml validators will give you alot of error which wont make sense unless you understand the xml standard properly and dtd validations. This is the only one i found quickly that checks syntax only if no dtd is specified.

Mensajes Mon 24 Dec 07 @ 9:41 am
my database is corrupted, all code is correct i checked it and brought to several xml websites all is in order. if i shut down vdj it says saving database however it does not. once it is shut down i delete the database, vdj will not make a new database even if i make comments cues or anything for it to save. i have uninstalled vdj and installed it again and nothing seems to work. installing vdj on my computer is the only way to make the database file come back. i am using vdj 3.1.4 with a hercules djc on windows vista please help someone im at a loss ...........if someone is willing to look at the freashly installed code of the database file i could post it up here just to make sure it is perfect and not corrupt (the code is untouched from the installiation)

Mensajes Mon 24 Dec 07 @ 2:37 pm
bump

Mensajes Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 10:47 am
I also am getting this error. I followed all the steps listed and using MK2. ran it in the validate xml file web site listed and it finds no errors. but I still get this error. is it safe to delete out all the songs? or how do I extract just the data base file out of the exe and just copy the new one in?

Mensajes Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 3:30 pm
Hi, I was getting this message also when starting Virtual DJ software,

I located the virtual database.xml file as mentioned previously, copied it and save to desktop then deleted the original in the virtual dj folder.

When I restarted the application no error message.
I played a few songs, then shut it down. Usual saving database message displayed itself.

I then checked in the virtual dj folder and a new virtual database.xml file was created.. ;)

Restarted the application and the bpm details were saved for the songs I played.

Happy days...

Hope this helps.

Mensajes Sat 20 Mar 10 @ 8:48 am
I can not find my database file....its not in the program file nor document.....

Mensajes Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 12:58 pm
I can not find my database file....its not in the program file nor document.....can someone please help me find this thing.......Please....

Mensajes Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 12:59 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)