Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: 5 REV 6 still unstable - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi

At about 10:45pm on New Year's eve I was running cue 5.0r6 at my club gig, playing a song with no video, so my usual sonique plugin was running, along with ShowLogo and Text2D displaying some scrolling text. I run a Compaq dual core Windows XP laptop with a good spec, 2gb ram, DAC-3 and Maya 44 with ASIO drivers.

All of a sudden, While I was not pressing anything on the keyboard or DAC, Cue just disappeared from the screen and returned to windows desktop as described elsewhere in this thread, followed by several seconds of deafening silence! It was survivable, but very embarassing, thank god for the backup CD players!!

The song I was playing was an MP3 from the computer's internal HDD, my videos are all on external USB hard disc, and I may have had one loaded to a player, but it wasn't playing at the time of the crash.

I didn't reboot the laptop, just restarted cue, and everything was fine until 2am, and and the 2 gigs I've played since then. There's no crashguard report, the app seemingly just died without writing one.

The only thing I've recently started using out of all of the things described above is the Text2D plugin, is it possible that this might be the problem? is anyone else using it and having crashes like this?

The other explanation is some weird new year's eve ghost, there seems to be quite a few people who had the app die like this on NYE!!

Pete

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 8:42 am
Unfortunatley this is happening to many times for my patients. It use to happen in the early editions of 5 when the bullets were clicked on to configue between music and video etc... but the team cured that. Until this is resolved between Vista and VDJ dispite being told its compatible then i will certainly have to use a different application as its now a case of not if but when the software is going to shutdown with out warning.

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 9:18 am
Chriso
As I said, I'm on XP, so it may not be purely a vista thing.

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 9:34 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Le me remind you that the plugin Text2D is still a beta as written in the comments

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 1:11 pm
Daz35PRO InfinityMember since 2007
And I thought I was the only one having this problem....

I was using 5.0 rev6, but then found that the mapper didn't work with the DAC-2, so rolled back to rev5.

I have had 5 random crashes in around a month. First with rev 5 then rev 6. No warning, no Crashguard report. Nothing. VDJ just disappears from the screen. This is not good.

Also as someone mentioned earlier, when I have automix on, it randomly stops for no reason. It's not the same Mp3s either.

This is beggining to get embarrassing. I am a full time DJ with a decent reputation and I can't afford for this to happen. I have a Denon HD2500 as a backup, but that's not the point.

Anyone got fixes or got any ideas about this? Running XP on a Sony Vaio with 2Gb ram and 2Ghz processor 160Gb HDD.

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 4:31 pm
I was hoping the team would had give us some helpful advice or a little assurance that this is being looked at. Its good its trouble free with XP for some but as we were assured it was Vista compatible blame can not be put on the OS as suggested. As i previously wrote its the only app that shuts down with out warning.

Mensajes Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 8:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Daz35 wrote :
And I thought I was the only one having this problem....

I was using 5.0 rev6, but then found that the mapper didn't work with the DAC-2, so rolled back to rev5.

I have had 5 random crashes in around a month. First with rev 5 then rev 6. No warning, no Crashguard report. Nothing. VDJ just disappears from the screen. This is not good.

Also as someone mentioned earlier, when I have automix on, it randomly stops for no reason. It's not the same Mp3s either.

This is beggining to get embarrassing. I am a full time DJ with a decent reputation and I can't afford for this to happen. I have a Denon HD2500 as a backup, but that's not the point.

Anyone got fixes or got any ideas about this? Running XP on a Sony Vaio with 2Gb ram and 2Ghz processor 160Gb HDD.

Hello to another local user :)

What soundcard (and driver version) are you using? There must be something common to cause these problems... this will be no consolation, but I've not personally had any such issues when using my XPonent or my DAC-3 + Maya44 on XP or Vista. I know you said it was random, but I don't suppose there any little things that you can think of that have been similar when it's crashed? A certain type of file, video, plugin, sequence of events, alignment of the moon?

I don't suppose any of you can easily replicate this can you?

I've probably just jinxed myself for this weekend by saying that too!

Regards,

Scott

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 2:33 am
Scot, i hope you havn't jinxed yourself. I have gone through a number of scenarios, changed kit , soundcards, hard drives, tagging, settings, checks to see if any part of the OS tried to start an app at the time , errors in log. No full moon at the time. In fact its cost me more money trying to resolve the issues than what VDJ cost. As previously stated when running on all cylinders its a great app.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 4:08 am
Scott

I am using a DAC-2 and a Maya EX sound card.

I can't replicate the crashes as they seem to be totally random. I have switched off keyboard short cuts and the crashes seem to happen if I am about to click on a window and sort of 'miss'. In other words, using the touchpad, I click on a part of the main window and don't quite hit the window I was aiming for. That is the only thing that I noticed when the last crash happened, but I can't seeem to replicate it.

The files being used are straigh forward Mp3s and I checked the history to see which files were playing when it crashed and also the times and they are all different.

The same can be said for the automix problems - totally random Mp3s.

What does concern me slightly about this, is the lack of feedback from the dev team at VDJ.

I want stable software. I've already paid out for PCDJ original red, Red VRM, FX VRM and VDJ and feel that I'm back to square one.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 6:07 am
Daz35;

Very strange! I've no experience of the Maya EX, but it looks like a Maya44 with different I/O options. Actually looks like a nifty box for someone not using timecodes :)

Are you using one of the default skins?

Are you using native DAC-2 support, or one of the extended mappers?

If you had of been able to get the issue to replicate regularly, I might have been able to lend some hardware for an evening to test with to try and see if we could narrow the problem down at all...

Regards,

Scott

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 6:38 am
Hi Scott

It's a Maya EX5.1 card (if that makes any difference!) and I am using the default skin and cstolls mapper. I noticed when I upgraded to rev 6 the mapper didn't work, which is why I went back to rev 5. I am seriously thinking about re-installing 4.3 as I still have the install programme.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 6:43 am
You're right; I believe from some posts on the plugin forum that r6 broke DAC-2 support. If 4.3 works for you without crashing at all, then it may be worth going back. Have you made any changes to your system since you last used 4.3?

Out of interest, are you using the Maya in ASIO or WDM mode?

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 7:24 am
I use the Maya in WDM but also have an Echo PCMCIA card which I use as backup which uses ASIO drivers. I don't think any changes have been made to the system since I used 4.3.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 8:11 am
I'm assuming you get the problem with both sound cards then?

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 8:56 am
Never tried it with the Echo tbh, as the Maya is installed in a rack and just plugs in. The Echo is for backup and different applications.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 8:58 am
Daz. Clicking as you did on the screen as replicated the same result as you on occasion. I thought it may had been the skin so reinstalled fresh Vista with updates and then 5.6 but this little bug won't go away at the same time i purchased software dmc2 and USB crm500 which has two built in sound cards, surly it can't be the USB mouse? can it? Just a matter of interest what make and type of mouse are you using.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 10:25 am
I don't use a mouse, never felt the need to.

The clicking on the screen thing is the only thing I can think of that is closing the software. It happens so quick that I can't see what happened to try and replicate it.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 10:32 am
Just to complete my hardware/software picture: I use a maya 44 usb, with the ASIO drivers, and a DAC-3 with the boggis mapper. I use the laptop's keyboard and trackpad, but Honestly can't remember whether I was moving the pointer at the time of the crash.

Pete

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 11:36 am
i finally have 2 machines that I cannot crash or freeze and I used to have the problem a lot. I have learned the following
pure Vista.......take everything else off the Pc and disable Aero, side bar and anythig else that is 'fancy' ie dont use images for list of files etc
add as little as possible to the base machine.I use a ps2 mouse ( I used to use a gyro air mouse)
v5.0 and v5.0 rel6 with vista ( I'm told this combo improves video performance)
fast HDD....5400 or 7200 rpm. ideally internal only but external HDD is working
I have NOT touched the on board sound cards ( realtek) I have NOT used a usb sound card or a pci sound card. I plan to use a remote DAC from the sp/dif output where NO drivers are installed on the pc for sound. I'm not sure this is necessary but I sure see a lot of 'sound board' related postings with freezing in the same posting.
I bought an Ibuypower.com desktop, quad core, 2gb corsair, vista, 2x500 7200 rpm internal hdd, 640mb videocard. Also HP 9000 laptop, dual core, 2gb, 256mb video, 5400 rpm hdd vista.
I asked store to take all the 'crap' off the Pc and same for gaming machine. ibuypower is designed for gaming so they have same minimalist requirements for performance as we do.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 8:44 pm
I narrowed down some of my issues by getting rid of my MK2 and buying a Maya 44.

Just my 2 cents

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 10:39 pm
70%