Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Headphone issue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Last night, I hooked my laptop up using my maya ex USB soundcard to the clubs external mixer. In order for me to hear the song through the headphones using the external mixer, I had to make sure that the crossfade on VDJ was not all the way to the deck side where the song playing to the club was. If it was all the way, I would get nothing. If I slid it over just a bit, it worked. Is this normal, or should I have been able to cue up the next song with the crossfade slid completely in the other direction? Not sure, first time I have used the set up this way.

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 2:15 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Thats normal operation. Leave the software crossfader in the center when using an external mixer.

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 2:33 pm
Thanks!

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 2:41 pm
One more question? While one deck is playing to the club, how would I preview a song through the headphones when I right click on an mp3 in the libarary? This is of course with the same set up as in the above message.

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 3:57 pm
you'll need a three channel mixer assign the output in the advanced config use that ouput to go to the input on the dj mixer and use the cue bus on it

or

get a headphone amp and use another output on the maya.

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 4:53 pm
What is a headphone amp? Where would I get one. If I go this way, would I have to go into advanced config for set up, or could I still use the regular config I use for the standard soundcard to external mixer set up?

Mensajes Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 10:57 pm
today i tried 2 hoook up d headphones on my computer. I already bought the splitter(two female to one male as they called it in d store) and i hooked it up to practice with the two small speakers that came with the pc and the headphones, but it wasn't workin at all. Cud someone help me out here?

Mensajes Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 10:00 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The ability to split the audio output is NOT available in the trial version. To do this you must buy the full version.

Mensajes Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 9:09 am
You need the headphone amp to hear line levels you can get them at most music stores that offer recording gear. Yes you would need to use the advanced config only. By far the simplest way is the way you aleardy had it but to make use of the case player you'd need to continually switch to a channel not in use. A or B and use the cue bus on your real dj mixer. I still don't understand why you would want that functionality I've never needed a third player in 6 plus years of djing.

Mensajes Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 9:27 am
Hi all (first post-er; love VDJ already:))-

Simple question- I'm trying to get my headphones to work. I plugged them in to the back of my pc where the headphone hole is and I get nothing. I'm just testing this with a pair of headphones that came off of a walkman cd player. Where do I start to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance

Jason

BTW- This is so freakin' cool! I wish I knew software like this existed 4 years ago.

Mensajes Sun 19 Dec 04 @ 8:14 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)