Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Crossfader_behavior

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It would be interesting to extend the number of crossfader_behavior (Smooth/Cut/Full). If you add an action to change the value returned by the parameter CrossfaderVolume (GetParam) or a similar idea , I would be motivated to create a plugin with a custom interface showing curves to personnalize the behavior of the crossfader.

My idea: graph (x,y) with
(crossfader,level 1) for curve: left deck
(crossfader,level 2) fot curve: right deck

new behaviors:
1) direct line from 4096 to 0 for the left deck and from 0 to 4096 for the right deck
2) a mix between cut and full

Mensajes Mon 20 Dec 04 @ 9:27 am

Yes, this is a great idea. I've brought it up before, myself, however I've had no response.

Mensajes Tue 21 Dec 04 @ 8:07 am
To the dev team:
For "send Crossfader_Volume" to vdj, do you define the value of level max that the level doesn't have to be up, without moving the slider of the level or do you have a special function to do that?

Mensajes Tue 21 Dec 04 @ 5:57 pm
I think they should be fully customizable.. like a DJM 707 or 909 or BPM Studio 4 has a nice curve adjustment interface.

I have been trying to get this for ages but haven't even seen any new presets.

Mensajes Wed 22 Dec 04 @ 8:52 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Not bad ideas all these, if you use the on-screen fader with the mouse...
But do you really use full version of Virtual dj without an external mixer ?

I can't..

Mensajes Wed 22 Dec 04 @ 9:14 pm
Yes, apopsis. That's why I would like to have the most powerful software.

And if in the future, the software need a lot of power, It will be interesting to download only the part of the software you need. I mean extend the idea of plugin to big functions (plugin which can modify the kernel of VDJ). For example, a module reserved to vinyl, another one for crossfader,... By this way you have your own software with the only function you need. A dream....? Imagine if your VDJ were like Debian

Mensajes Thu 23 Dec 04 @ 8:44 am
I have just finished my plugin for Crossfader_Behavior with a provided interface for the moment. It works well. As i couldn't work with the crossfader, i use the two levels and now i can do all what i want. I'm now trying to save some good configurations that we could choose by pressing a button but i'd like to let the whole mind. To have an idea, it looks like in alcatech bpm but without the curves for the moment so maybe difficult to understand the first time.
For the moment, it is manual but i hope to do something automatic like in XFade.
If the dev team wants my code source, no prob ;-)

Mensajes Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 12:59 am
I talked too fast :-(
I have a discontinuity in the case of "Smooth" but the "Full" and Cut work (and the mix of the both too).
I hope I will find the reason why.

Mensajes Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 1:32 am
Problem solved (because of float to int)

Mensajes Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 2:17 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)