Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: What's *your* crash frequency - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey super, I think you're right. It might be the Hercules DJ console that is causing the crashes. Obviously Atomix doesn't write the DJC drivers. They are written by Hercules. As Wirless pointed out, he saw crashes when "using stuff" freequently. I think this might be my problem. During my set while DJing, I'll be doing EVERYTHING, setting and moving cue points, tapping BPM and adjusting loops, heavy effects usage (love the doubling beats and flanger), backspins with the HDJC wheels, etc. I really do give the program a workout so maybe that's the problem. I am almost always beatmatching into my next song so maybe all this stuff is too much.

Mensajes Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 6:56 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Yes i have the same feeling, hercules drivers are just crap, and every update is worse than before,
i have uninstalled the drivers to find out that they are not needed at all, virtual dj can see the console without them and the audio driver is the microsoft generic usb driver (included in xp)
They are only for midi, and the crappy asio. (the worse asio driver i've seen..)
With the generic driver you can have full setup (both decks to external mixer, outputs 1+2, 5+6)

Thats it what i remember from this toy, i use timecode now +maya44 usb)

hope this helps

Mensajes Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 2:20 am
No it is not the HDC. I had crashes with the XP10's and the DAC-2 and the Hercules

I think it is the way that VDj handles the controller not the controllers or drivers of the controllers

Mensajes Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 1:39 pm
Wireless,
after I bought the DVinyl controller, I used it instead of the Hercules console, but had the drivers still on my system. Even then I had some crashes. After a complete reinstall to get rid of the HDJC drivers I never had any crash, trouble or hickup.
Ewout

Mensajes Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 7:57 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe it is just my computer, but VDJ crashes much more often when using the DJC than with XP10's, but this could be a result of the DJC using software EQ and faders, thus further stressing my system.

Mensajes Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 9:22 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
For EQ i noticed it's better to use key shorctuts than your mouse to move on the skin

Mensajes Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 11:01 pm
BronaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have never had any crashes with Virtual DJ. My system has 3GB of RAM, and I have 250GB of combined HD space.

My longest time mixing--while recording--has been 5.5 hours.

I would recommend increasing your RAM and getting at least one (two wouldn't hurt) extra hard drive(s). Looks like your crashes are actually a result of the physical limitations of your computer. I have worked in the technical field for 10+ years. While Dell does provide decent computers, they still make PC's to make money off of them, so you are never going to have an ideal hardware configuration. The additional hard drives are so that your page files works off a completely separate hard drive from the files that you are working with; and ideally, you should also record on a third hard drive. Partitioning a hard drive does not give the same effect as separate drives.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Mensajes Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 1:01 am
My ASIO driver crashes about once a night and basically goes distorted during loading a song or scrating and I have to go in and reconfigure to single soundcard then back to low latency and then re callibrate.

Mensajes Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 10:56 am
If you have time, try win2k. I swear by it. since I switched from xp to win2k it has been stable every week at the club using the HDC and DAC-2

Mensajes Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 1:56 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I never had a crash since day one. It must be a few years. I run a dell (new) laptop, gateway laptop, and a homebuilt tower. The second laptop is my backup and the tower I don't use anymore, naturally. VDJ is used a min. of 3 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

Mensajes Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 2:20 pm
I've had a few crashes while using the DAC-2. I too can't get it to crash. It crashes whenever it wants.

I currently have only 512 meg in my 3.06meg notebook - I think 1024 will be my next move.

My hardrive is only 42000 RPM - I'm investing in a 7200 RPM.

I will also try installing just WIN XP and service pack 1. Experiment and see if I get any more crashes.

It's interesting but my desktop is a Pentium 4 EXTREME with 1024 DDR2 RAM, Western Digital 10,000 RPM drives and I have NOT had a crash - REGARDLESS OF WHAT I DO WITH VDJ. This truly confirms that this software might not work with every configuration. A little tweaking is necessary! But I thinks VDJ is worth the time and extra money I'll spend to get it working right. Not to mention I'm sure the VDJ team is worknig on improvements as I write.

DJ JOSE

Mensajes Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 2:32 pm
Just did a 7 hour set with my dj console. It was my longest set ever (tiring), and biggest crowd (couple hundred). No crashes, nothing. Played hip hop/reggae all night, scratching (though not at the beginning of the tracks), using effects and samples. Solid.

Thanks VDJ team.
Now, whats up with the new version?

Mensajes Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 8:56 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)