Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: How to end a set - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey everyone im not really sure where this topic is ment to go so i thought here would be the most appropriate , I'm doing my first set on friday and ive been working on my playlist and mixing and i was just wondering what songs are good to finish the set off with?. Friday night is like a freestyle music night so i'll pretty much be playing songs from different genres and decades, any ideas as you guys have alot more experience than me obviously ?, i dont really want to end on a slow song as im trying to leave on a high note , so yeah help please
CJ

xx

Mensajes Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 6:35 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Are you ending the night? Or, is someone following you? That makes a huge difference in how to end a set.....

Mensajes Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 6:41 pm
I'll be ending the night x thanks

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 8:29 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
When I ended the night at the club I always used the same thing. The Nylon's Kiss Him Goodbye (it was on the southside of Chicago, so it had to be a White Sox song..lol) and had the same closing line I would speak into the mic. Over 4 years I gave this speech four times a week.

"Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to thank you all for coming out this evening. You don't have to go home, you just cant stay here. Be careful as you leave. Remember, say no to drugs, yes to safe sex, Make sure you put it on, before you put it in, a tisket, a tasket, a condom, or a casket. Remember the life you save could be mine. I'm Tear Em Up Terry, and your not. Be Safe, God Bless, good night every body!"

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 2:32 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's the only time I get on the mike, I drop the music down a touch and say,

"Thanks for making it a good night, hope you enjoyed yourself, I know I have, Have a safe journey home, and this is the last one from me. Goodnight" and I always play the best track of the night again.

It's chessy I know but you always get a cheer. And that makes me happy.

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 4:22 pm
thanks i had an idea on finishing with simply the best - tina turner , just have to see how it goes ;) xx

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 5:43 pm
gauge what you do at the end of the night by the number of people in the building - if you're packed still you can pretty much get away with anything, and even if you're standing in there with just a few people and the employees - make it something they'll remember or something that makes them want to go get laid. i work in a country nightclub and can still play "Bump n' Grind" at the end of the night and even the guys in the cowboy hats will get out there and grind.
you're best bet? put yourself in their heads and try and think what they would want as a song to end the night with. not always easy, but when you get it right - Magic!

Mensajes Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 1:30 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If the club is closing when you're done, you may not want to play the hottest song out there. The people will just stay in the place and not leave. Just something to keep in mind. I usually play a fun song, that keeps people mood up, and also helps them out the door. Like wildcountry said, playing something outside the genre of the club you're in is a good idea. I lived in Oklahoma for a few years, and DJ's at the country bars did exactly what he did. It went over great with everyone, and they also knew it was time to leave. I play at hip-hop clubs on the east coast. Sinatra is still the man out here, no matter what type of club you're in. I'll do my little announcement at the end, and hit em with some Sinatra. The crowd and staff has fun with it, but the crowd also knows it's time to hit the bricks. Good luck, and let us know what you played.

Mensajes Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 11:56 pm
good ideas from all these gents on how to end your set. I suggest that once the last track is over you use Randy Watson as your guide on how to stun the crowd. this guy is a consumate entertainer and the chicks really dig him. make sure to watch through till the end, there is the lesson.

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 08 @ 8:41 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Was that Tracey Morgan sitting in front of Eddie Murphy around :38 seconds in?

Mensajes Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 12:07 am
Don't know but the song I would finish off with, is obviously OutKast - Ms. Jackson!

Mensajes Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 4:44 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I get alot of requests from 80s, RnB & Dance but I always try to end the night on either something slow or cheesy (or both!). Big hits here are Sexual Healing (Marvin Gaye), I want to Dance with Somebody (Whitney), Be with You (Mr Big.), Place Your Hands (Reef). The slower songs work best for the final goodbye during the intro.

Most girls want to dance close with someone at the end of the night and most guys need the opportunity to so its a win-win situation :)

Mensajes Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 6:35 pm
For a long time I used to end my nights with The Clash - Should I stay or should i go. people used to shout "Stay" But as soon as the last note sounded the lights went off and so did the sound and i would suddenly not engage with anyone.

I liked doing this because it was such a contrast to the dance/house I was playing straight before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Should_I_Stay_or_Should_I_Go

Mensajes Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 7:37 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ended my set on Saturday night with Gerry & The Pacemaker's "You'll Never Walk Alone" for the day that was in it i.e. Liverpool beat Utd in the league for first time under Benitez. John Peel always ended his sets with this song regardless of where he was playing...

Mensajes Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 3:53 am
Standard way I finished the night at the club i used to work at:

This'll be the Final song of the evening, If you guys had fun-and I know you did make sure you join us tomorrow night Starting at 8 o'Clock, for Edmonton's most famous hour - LOONIE HOUR!!! One dollar highballs on dollar cocktail for one hour - LOONIE HOUR!! Right Down here at the Purple Onion. If you've been drinking too much make sure you don't drive, The cops are waiting outside to arrest your ass.

Then I would play either the Muppet's - MANAMANAH
or
Irish Rovers - Wasn't that a Praty
or
Denis Leary - The Asshole song

Mensajes Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 10:42 am
I resently started ending with rihanna's take a bow and the crown actually clap for me during that chourus. I turn the lights on at the 'standing ovation line' and like hyptnotized monkeys they clap.... I love my crowd

Mensajes Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 1:06 am

Mensajes Fri 24 Oct 08 @ 3:50 am
depends on where you are, personally something upbeat and cheesy....

something you guess will remind your biggest demographic in the crowd of their youth.

for example two weeks ago i played LFO summer girls..

half the fun is seeing what you can get away with

Mensajes Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 1:46 pm
You know i ended my last gig with that song that goes "you are so beautiful..they were all mexicans but the little english they understood they sang along..sounds krazy but they all got thier couples and slowed dance..

Mensajes Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 10:00 pm
I recently started and jamming and i find it's easier to end a set with that cheesy slow jam that everyone knows and just makes you feel like getting laid. I try to make it different but keep real with groove, it make wanna walk out on the gig.
ms phily- Musik soulchild
Go home- Reggae mix

Mensajes Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 7:28 pm
71%