Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DJM-800 and VDJ midi crossfader issue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am continuing to map my DJM-800 for Virtual DJ and have run into a snag.

I have the crossfader mapped to transition in between Deck 1 and Deck 2. Both channels can be heard in the mixer and the levels for each deck are set the same.

When crossfading, they work fine, there are no bleeds

The problem is this. After crossfading completely to the active deck, I am unable to hear the default deck (deck to be cued) through the mixer and there is no signal coming through. However, If I start crossfading back, the default deck can be heard. Basically I can't cue up the next song because I can't hear it.

Do I have the midi crossfader paramaters set wrong? I can't seem to find a cue listening function in the midi options

I am using an M-Audio Delta 1010lt sound card set in dual output mode

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 08 @ 5:47 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
disable the internal crossfader in virtualdj. right now you're only using the 800 as a controller for the internal and so VDJ is only outputting that one master stream of sound.

you want to use the 800 to do the actual mixing of the songs- not virtualdj (who should be sending out two constant streams of music)

go into setup, options, and the second option on the left column is crossfader. set it to disabled and then restart vdj.

you can remov the midi map on the crossfader too.

(THIS IS ASSUMING you are using a dual output soundcard with 2 channels like an esiu46dj or maya or something... no normal laptop output)

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 08 @ 6:57 pm
Ok.

That did work, (but I needed to keep the midi crossfader command in order for the physical fader to work on the 800.)

However, there is a new problem now.......

I can hear both decks playing through the same channel, which is not good

Here are my current midi settings

CTRL 11=1 Crossfader
CTRL 19 Level On Deck 1
CTRL 20 Level On Deck 2
CTRL 11 Effect Activate on Deck 1 (Fader Start)
CTRL 11 Effect Activate on Deck 2 (Fader Start)
CTRL 24 Master Volume

My soundcard is a M-Audio Delta 1010LT

The settings are as follows

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound Card(s) 2 Cards

Sound Card 1: M-Audio Delta 1010LT 1/2
Sound Card 2: M-Audio Delta 1010LT 3/4

I have tried changing the level command on Deck 1 and 2 to Default and Active but it still does the same thing.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 7:31 am
CDJ 400 & DJM 600 mixer problem - I am using a demo version VDJ and have connected both CDJs via USB to my laptop, the problem I am having is that when I am playing deck A it will only sound out of channal 2 of the mixer when I put a song on Deck B you can hear both songs on Channal 2 the crossfader on the mixer will only play on Channal 2 why is this happening and not playing as it should cannot mix songs.

The software works correctly on A&B and also cross fader however not on the mixer. I really like this software however cannot use the mixer channals as they should work, if this can be resolved then it is exactly the software I am looking for. Any advise will be appreciated in rectifiying this problem.

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 5:03 pm
You need to set up your sound configuration for External Mixer and 2 channel setup. Then in the drop down list, you will see two soundcard options for CDJ-400. Load each one into a drop down box.

On the bottom drop down box you can set Soundcard 1 to left channel and soundcard 2 to right channel and that should do the trick.

You are running EACH one separately into the computer correct?

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 7:42 pm
Thanks alot guys got it to work now on VDJ will carry on trying DJS, Pulse how do I get into sound ajustments in DJS or can I not as I have demo trial.

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 10:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)