Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: 44kHz - 48kHz Mode

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,
I have the following Problem:
I have a 'Korg Zero 4' Mixer as external Soundcard (which is connected over ASIO Driver in the VDJ) and a Hercules MK2 for Controling the VDJ.
So I want to play the Music on 48kHz. I'm going into the VDJ Config, select the Asio Driver and Config it to 48kHz. After that, my songs sounds if I had taken the pitch up to 50% more speed Oo...

If I restart the VDJ, my Zero 4 goes down to 44kHz mode. (Changing the SampleRate in the Hercules MK2 to 48kHz don't change anything)

So I think, setting my Mixer into 48kHz Mode, VDJ don't know this, so VDJ is still in 44kHz Mode.

Any Idea how I can set the VDJ into the 48kHz Mode (and lock this mode)?

My Setup:
Korg Zero 4 Mixer (over Firewire)
Hercules MK2 (USB)
Windows XP SP3 prof.
VDJ Version 5.2

Thanks for your Help

Mensajes Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 6:34 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you don't play video files, I see no point in using 48kHz mode. All audio files that follow
CD standard are sampled in 44.1, resampling from 44.1 to 48 or vice versa does not
improve sound in any way, can only degrade it (especially heavily compressed mp3s).

Streaming 44.1kHz data with 48kHz clock introduces exactly 8.84 % pitch change, as
you have to squeeze additional 3900 samples into the same second. It might sound
very fast, but it's far from 50% :)

Anyway, I'm not sure VDj supports 48kHz at all, it only gives you an option to interpolate
48kHz audio files to it's native 44.1 kHz sample rate, that is why you experienced the pitch
change when you switched the soundcard clock.

Mensajes Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 1:17 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)