Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: playED list

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I thinking about moving up to using virtual dj in my shows and abondoning the atomix v1.12 that I have been using for years... but I have not found a place in the trial version of virtual dj to find a list of previusly played songs. Atomix 1.12 has an easy way to look at your past played songs (and even click drage to replay a song from the list) - maybe I am just missing the button to find this feature.

I was excited to see that the virtual dj lists the file path of my songs (the main reason I never upgraded to atomix V2), this is essentail for my different dj gigs.

I am also wondering if it is possible to delete a HD out of my searched directory or not. This has become a major issue for me as well (a feature available in atomix v1.12) - this way I can delete another jocks hard drive out of the directory when they leave, it also gives me the option to delete my drive of unedtied music when I am doing a gig that requires it.

Are these functions somehwere in virtual dj? ( they are still in my never crashes, atomix v 1.12 that I have been using 5 nights a week for years now..)

Steve

Mensajes Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 9:29 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
yes all these functions are available in Virtual DJ 2.06 (last update) and also in the demo version 2.05

I don't understand why you didnt see a kind of red cross on the left of the songs you already played. maybe its the demo that doesn't work that well. Anyway don't hesitate in buying Virtual DJ. You will get something at least 10 times better than atomix MP3.
also, you can delete a hd from the search database that isnt a problem, you need to right click on the database folder (in VDJ) and remove a hd.

I hope I answered all the questions you where asking yourself

and hope to see you soon on this website as a Professional Edition User ;-)

P.S: if you have time check out the radio to listen to our live mixes from Virtual DJ.

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 10:52 am
Thank you for the quick response. I will try to find the right click to delete a hd in the database folder and see if it works.

The playED list I am talking about that is in version one, is a button you click that shows all the songs you ahve played that day in order from first to last, and you can pull a song from this list to a desk and play it again. (you can also see the last 10 songs played, etc.)

I consider myself a prefossional edition user (even though my new email addy didn't match my registration code, so I had to refill in all my info and sign on as a non registered user). YOu see I bought two versions of atomix version one, so I have been a professional virtual dj for years, I have helped support the development for virtual dj (even made feature requests some time ago that actaully got implememnted in V2, and made better in Version 3 (vdj it's now called)

I have seen the little red x' that signify a song has been played, but I still have not seen a "previously played list that shows the order in which the last songs were played. perhaps a different skin would have this somewhere)

Thanks again,

Steve

I have been a professional DJ for 16 years. I am now managing my own club, running my own DJ company, and am partners in serveral interernet businesses. I rarely have time to listen to other jock's mixes, and can not waste the time hearing other people spin unless it is on digitally imported for something that actually lists the songs being played. I do and I have been telling people, club owners, and other djs that atmoix is the best mp3 mixing software out there, and when I demo it for them, they all agree.

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 12:40 am
The list of previously played songs are kept in your playlist folder with a filename *.M3U containing the datestamp when they were played, if you have the option turned on in config. [:o)

You can simply navigate to the file from vDJs folder browser window and replay the songs as a playlist.

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 4:46 am
THANK YOU so much! I will give this a try, and then if it works I will be buying the new virtual dj with that hercules external sound card; any issues that I should be aware of (drivers or anything, settings, any crashing??)

thanks so much again!

Steve

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 2:38 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It works no problem for that.

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 8:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)