Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: hard drive disappearing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey everyone, at yesterdays gig after about 4 hours of playing with the dance floor packed cue froze for about thirty seconds. I panicked for a bit but then everything resumed like normal with the exception of the folders on the left of the screen collapsing. I didn't think much of it til another 20 minutes later when it happened again except this time i realized what was happening. My hard drive disappeared, flat out gone not showing up under my computer or anywhere else. I checked all connections and all looked fine. The lights on the h.d. where on and since i was in the middle of playing i know it did not fall asleep. I pulled the power plug on the h.d. and plugged it back in and it started back up. then windows gave me a message saying my h.d. needed to be reformatted, i clicked on cancel and finished the last 20 minutes with no problems. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so what did it turn out to be. A dj friend of mine says he thinks my h.d. is going bad. but i'm hoping thats not the case even though deep down inside i think he's right.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Alex.

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 11:58 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have something like that recently.. it seem the hd gonna have problem. I sent back mine to service n it turn out one of the circuit inside the hd need to be replaced, maybe u could sent urs too for check if u have time. Or someone else have a better solution for u;)

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 12:52 pm
That's what i figured. I am in the market for a replacement already to run with my new mac so i guess i'll hurry up and get something, copy the troubled h.d. and send it back. I have a few months left on the warranty.
Thanks for the info.

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 10:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)