Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: MAYA44 + Laptop's Sound Card

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been reading alot around here about how good the MAYA44 is with VDJ and TCCDs. Some say that it is so good, that they feel ESI probably made the maya44 specifically for VDJ. I haven't read anything yet to the contrary when it comes to using it with TCCDs or TCV. Every Time Code issue seems to get ironed out in the end.

The one issue I do read about that seems to have no solution is the output sound quality/sound level. Granted, you get what you pay for. Most people say they can live with it, some say it's their back up for that specific reason. So, low audio output seems to be the Achilles heel for the Maya44.

My question: Is it possible to use the MAYA44 with TCCDs (inputs only) and use my brand new laptop's dual headphone outs?

In other words, not using the MAYA44 for an audio output.

Will VDJ allow me to configure it like this in the "Sound Setup"?

Has anyone ever tried this?

How about MAYA44 for the TCCDs inputs, but Numark DJ I/O for the outputs?

I just bought my laptop from Dell but it has not been delivered yet. I just bought VDJ and it hasn't been delivered yet. I haven't bought the MAYA44 yet because I'm trying to iron out all the compatability/quality issues ahead of time.

The reason I've decided to use TCCDs instead of dedicated controllers is money. My mobile system's CD players and Mixer are less than a year old (Denon DN-D6000 and Rane MP2016A). I'm very comfortable with this setup and don't want to alter my life too much, too quickly. At least not right now. I might think about selling my CD players and purchasing the Denon DN-HC4500. Maybe. Who knows.

Any thoughts or advice on the Maya44 + built in sound card outsputs or Numark DJ I/O outputs would be greatly appreciated.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 7:18 pm
open the ASIO control pannel (in advanced veiw) and only select the inputs for the MAYA44 and deselect the outputs, finally only select the outputs from your laptops sound card and deselect the inputs. this makes VDJ only use the inputs for the MAYA as it cant use the outputs as they arnt selected so it has to use the selected outputs which would be your laptops soundcard. (or if you want the Numark IO just select the outputs only and not the laptops soundcard) hope this helps ;)

Mensajes Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 5:21 am
carlrose wrote :
open the ASIO control pannel (in advanced veiw) and only select the inputs for the MAYA44 and deselect the outputs, finally only select the outputs from your laptops sound card and deselect the inputs. this makes VDJ only use the inputs for the MAYA as it cant use the outputs as they arnt selected so it has to use the selected outputs which would be your laptops soundcard. (or if you want the Numark IO just select the outputs only and not the laptops soundcard) hope this helps ;)

It helps a lot. Thank you. I figured it probably was going to be that simple, but I wasn't 100% sure. You never know these days, software can be so picky. Thanks again.

Mensajes Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 5:42 pm
not a problem always happy 2 help, happy djing!

Mensajes Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 3:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)