Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: faster statup

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

it's a horrible thing to arrive late and start the music late.

it's horrible when the program crashes unexpectedly.

but it's far worse when you have to wait for the program to load.

dj shahar

Mensajes Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 6:26 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Part of being a professional is preparation. Preparation takes many form, arriving with plenty of time, making sure you have a reliable back up in place, assuring random crashes are kept to a minimum, are just three examples. There is only so much any software can do, including faster boot ups. If any process where to be stream lined during boot up that could make the software unstable. I am sure no one wants to make VDJ unstable.....even for faster loading. Have you downloaded Cel's registry tool?

Mensajes Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 6:47 pm
a few tips to consider about the crash here...
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/81804/PC_Version_Technical_Support/5_0_Rev__6_Not_Responding_After_I_Minimize_The_Screen.html

but about the startup... it'll be nice if you can share the specs of your pc or mac... maybe its just that.. your computer... because i dont really have any problem with the startup.... (Try Windoctor 2007, Abexo Registry Cleaner, An Antivirus not too heavy like "avg free antivirus", ReAnimator, Free Ad Aware AntiSpyware 2007, i use those and my pc acer extensa 4420 runs smoothly)

Maybe they can just put an option to disable the splash screen... like winamp does....

Mensajes Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 6:48 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djkz wrote :
it's a horrible thing to arrive late and start the music late.

it's horrible when the program crashes unexpectedly.

but it's far worse when you have to wait for the program to load.

dj shahar

How many MIDI devices do you have installed - and do you have MIDI Yoke installed?

My VDJ opens in approximately 2 seconds - I had MIDI Yoke installed for some testing, and the time increased to about 20 seconds.

Still not a massive amount of time though?

I mean, 2 seconds?!

Regards,

Scott

Mensajes Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 8:28 pm
dmc2 as midi controller
hercules mk2 for audio
0 music on laptop
135,000 on my ext usb hdd
no anti virus
no wan, lan, wifi, etc.
ms intellimouse 4.0
no other software running
vista home prem 32 bit
amd turion 2.0G
1g ram

i'll tell you what though, my windows experience is 2.3 and i know that's horrible.

but could someone tell me why it takes vdj so much time to load?? i'm guessing it's the ext hdd.

Mensajes Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 9:21 pm
You haven't mentioned how long it actually takes?

How long does it take to load without the external HD, and how long with? That should tell you if it's causing you an issue. Same thing with the controller.

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 4:34 am
maybe temporary files... windows creates a lot of temp files... try cleaning the temp folder... (i use "adios extreme filesystem cleaner" by martin beek)

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 9:11 am
yup

it's the ext hdd

5 seconds with out

about a minute with

so, how do i increase startup speed due to virtualdj.xml file being 40MB on an ext hdd.

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 12:19 pm
You can try the following...

in Virtual DJ Go to Setup / Browser / Infos Gathering / Search Database / Add Manually... instead of automatically.. and restart the soft with the ext hdd connected... and then let us know the results... so everytime you got any new mp3 ... you have to add it manually...

because the virtuadj.xml with or without the ext hdd should be the same amount of memory (40mb in this case), the thing is if the program check if you have any new file (mp3 or video) in your media storage... and it seems that you have a big hdd so maybe that's why it's taking too long to scan the whole drive

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 12:33 pm
tried it.

Loading database... 30 seconds

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 12:50 pm
How big is the database xml file on the external hdd?

Have you tried running a database check -> clean -> fix?

Regards,

Scott

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 2:09 pm
yup,

do it all the time

40MB

Mensajes Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 11:24 am
make that 73mb and getting bigger

Mensajes Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 12:35 pm
uffff give me some of those mp3ssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mensajes Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 4:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)