Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Split Cue - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Just wanted to keep this on the developers plate...

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 4:48 am
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
IMHO This is a 'six of one half a dozen of the other' situation?

What you're trying to achieve is the ability to listen to the live audio, the preview track, and both through your headphones at the same time? Correct?

VDJ has this ability, even if the method if different, the result is still the same!

I always thought split cue was just another way of doing the same as VDJ? Personally I'd prefer the VDJ way to the split cue as you can hear a tighter blend of the tracks you're about to mix!

Even so I believe the VDJ way is much better as you can fade between these three PFL states.

I often have to mix on VDJR using only headphones, and I can achieve this without a problem. Also I've relied on this feature when in clubs with poor monitors, I just throw it to live mode and off I go!

That being said I understand the frustration of this 'age old' feature if you've been brought up with the split cue feature.

Although the ability would be easy in software, most MIDI controllers do not have a 'split cue' button so couldn't be easily implemented in hardware, although a keyboard shortcut could do the trick perhaps?

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 1:55 am
it has this already.. if you use the mix station skin there is a slider in the top left corner that can split your cue, just like a que split on an external mixer would.. you can even controll the volume for it seperatly and how much of either channel you hear from full to split... T

Mensajes Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 10:19 am
DJAuz wrote :
IMHO This is a 'six of one half a dozen of the other' situation?

What you're trying to achieve is the ability to listen to the live audio, the preview track, and both through your headphones at the same time? Correct?

Incorrect. Split Cue Is Left Cup=Cue Track. Right Cup=Master or Main Mix.

DJAuz wrote :
Although the ability would be easy in software, most MIDI controllers do not have a 'split cue' button so couldn't be easily implemented in hardware, although a keyboard shortcut could do the trick perhaps?

Right, controllers don't need to have a "split cue" button to be available in the software. The headphone mix knob on a Numark Total Control for example, can be used to adjust the amount of a Cue track/Master track available in each cup of the headphones.

Mensajes Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 10:40 pm
mcgiver73 wrote :
it has this already.. if you use the mix station skin there is a slider in the top left corner that can split your cue, just like a que split on an external mixer would.. you can even controll the volume for it seperatly and how much of either channel you hear from full to split... T

Thanks.

I'm trying to get this implemented on the Default VDJ skins.

Mensajes Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 10:47 pm
djchris73 wrote :
mcgiver73 wrote :

Thanks.

I'm trying to get this implemented on the Default VDJ skins.

To get them split one cup left and the other cup right might have to be done at the sound card level.. if even possible.. unless you want mono in either.. the plug only has two contacts (left and right) if you split them cue and master they will most def have to be mono.. i'm sure you CAN acheive this through the sound card if you seperate the channels into deck "a" and deck "b" and then a third out with "a" as the left and "b" as the right, for example the split cue could be the center out (cue in left cup) and sub out (master in right cup) on the souncard for instance.. (should work unless you are held to master and cue..).. thats the simplest way i can think of solving your dillema with out re-writing anything..lol T

Mensajes Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 1:56 am
mcgiver73 wrote :
To get them split one cup left and the other cup right might have to be done at the sound card level..

I disagree. Easiest way to accomplish this is in the software. Just a couple of lines of code. No need to start violating warranty on sound cards by hacking them up.

mcgiver73 wrote :
if even possible.. unless you want mono in either.. the plug only has two contacts (left and right) if you split them cue and master they will most def have to be mono..

It would definately have to be in Mono. That's how physical DJ mixers do it.

Mensajes Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 3:10 am
Cash Money paid to the developer of this "effect"...

Contact me...

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 2:59 pm
No Takers?

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 4:18 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I don't think this could be implemented effectively as a plugin I'm afraid.

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 5:20 am
SBDJ wrote :
I don't think this could be implemented effectively as a plugin I'm afraid.

Why not? Too much tweaking of the code? How have you been Scott?

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 3:55 pm
When you modify the sound buffers, you can't specify where to send it as such...

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 6:31 pm
SBDJ wrote :
When you modify the sound buffers, you can't specify where to send it as such...

Hmm, that sucks... But why would you have to modify? Can't they just be "redirected"?

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 6:38 pm
Nope...

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 6:57 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Nope...

that blows goats...

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 7:06 pm
You don't really have that kind of access; you can get a sound buffer from a particular deck and then modify it, thus affecting sound output from that deck. To my knowledge the SDK won't allow you to manipulate the PFL output buffer.

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 7:27 pm
I would like that option available... one of the reasons im using external mixers is because of that... i like to mix with split cue, i dont like using monitors...

Split Cue +1

Mensajes Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 11:21 pm
I use an external mixer, so having "split cue" in VDJ didnt seem that important to me..

then I started thinking about it, and I realized a software solution could actually be BETTER then a hardware version.. (IE: more options)

some ideas. (assuming you have a 4 channel sound card or dual soundcard. channels 1+2 master, channels 3+4 headphones)
1.) fader chooses what the master ouput gets, headphones: deck 1 left side, deck 2 right side (good for comparing volume levels etc etc)
2.) fader chooses what the master output gets, headphones: left side cue, right side master (standard split cue)
3.) headphones: stereo cue
4.) headphones: stereo master

basically option #1 I havent seen on a mixer yet :-)

also by using software cueing, you can "preview" a song and know it will only go out to the headphones.

Mensajes Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 4:31 pm
Nothing about the split cue yet ?

Mensajes Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 10:17 pm
A workaround would be to use advanced sound config, with mono set, allowing you to specify what each headphone channel does.

Mensajes Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 10:42 pm
47%