Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Independent settings for soundcards.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Basically, this is the reason why I'm not buying VDJ.

Example, I have one integrated cheap soundcard, and one which is much better. I can't make settings that will work for that two cards, because after some time one of the cards (depending on settings) starts chopping.
I've tried that on my laptop, home computer and several other, and it's a same freaking problem.

Best regards.

Mensajes Fri 03 Oct 08 @ 6:19 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
How do you know you can't? If you were using the trial there are limitations built into it. If you were using a cracked version, well truthfully once it has been cracked it is not long intact and can cause issues.

Mensajes Fri 03 Oct 08 @ 6:26 pm
I'm not using trial version.
I'm not using cracked version.

I've tried every version of VDJ form 3.2 to 5.07, and the same chopping sound was there. I think when you configure one sound card that cost 50e to have best quality, the other card that costs 4e won't work.

Mensajes Sat 04 Oct 08 @ 9:12 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Quote :
I'm not using trial version.
I'm not using cracked version.

Eh?

Quote :
I think when you configure one sound card that cost 50e to have best quality, the other card that costs 4e won't work.

You are probably correct, as you say, sound performance settings apply globally. The solution here is to use settings that work with the lowest common denominator.

The real solution at present is to use a decent sound card. What cards are you using? At 50E and 4E, it doesn't sound like it's really going to be suitable.

Mensajes Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 9:51 pm
I'm using CD players now. ;)

Nevermind what is the sound card that cost 50e, or that which is 4e cost. I just wanna say, if there are two soundcards, that aren't equal by performance, in VDJ that probably won't work as it should be.

For people that don't have much money, it's not a problem buying one soundcard, but with this limitation, you must buy a second one that is equal by performance, if you know what I mean. With that money, you can buy behringer, numark and other midi-oriented hardware.

Quote:
You are probably correct, as you say, sound performance settings apply globally. The solution here is to use settings that work with the lowest common denominator.

Yes, but with even that I have a problem with that chopping sound. It works great for about 5 minutes, but than one card starts chopping, then i go change performance to some other level, works fine for 10 seconds and then here we go again :)

To be honest, I think that everyone would like to tweak his soundcard in the way that he likes, without affecting second soundcard.

Edit: quote doesn't work? :D

Mensajes Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 1:10 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1/ quote works for licenced users on this boad.

2/ if you use a cheap card with expensive (I'll rather say less-cheap as 50€ is still cheap),
you shouldn't expect them to work together (in any software) without issues, especially
if one supports ASIO and the other one has no idea what that is. Perfect synchronization
is probably impossible in this case (not to mention sound quality...).

3/ the easy solution for low budget would be to buy a cheap, 5.1 ASIO featured card
which has 2 stereo outputs, which (excluding samples) is enough for two stereo channel
mixing, and introduces no hardware-compatibility issues.

4/ using cheap hardware for a task that requires (semi) professional equipment to be
stable, issue free and gets the job done properly, is just a bedroom hobby, not a serious
business. Audio manipulation requires dedicated hardware for fluent work.

5/ as they say here (direct translation), "little money, little music".

Oh and last point, I agree having independant and more flexible settings for each hardware
unit (pre 4.x version I think) would be far more user friendly than choosing between few
factory set combinations of I/O as it is now. But that has been mentioned a lot here.

Regards.

Mensajes Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 1:54 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)