Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Sound Banks - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
dj-Koky305:

There is no need to be rude; I'm not Bill Gates and I have plenty of common sense thankyou. Since you didn't mention any of that in your original posts (yes, the multiple posts you made) coupled with the fact I'm not a mind reader I made an assumption and got it wrong. For that I apologise.

A lot of unlicensed users gain plugins from unauthorised locations and then complain when they have issues. As a plugin developer myself it annoys me when people do this.

This particular plugin will appear as an effect, so have a look on the effects tab and you will see it there listed as 'SamplerManager' under Sound Effects.

It is however worth mentioning that you can also map out banks of samples using VDJ Script as well.

Mensajes Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 12:27 pm
You calling me rude after you basically suggested in an open forum I had somehow stolen the plugin, because you assumed?

I didn’t hide my name, this is the name I use. As insignificant as I could be, what if someone i know reads your post?

Did you think about that?

I understand your frustration as a developer, trust me i do, and maybe I should have asked the creator directly.

However, that doesn’t give you any right to assume, and if it does give you that right, then I also have the constitutional right to tell you what I told you.

Mensajes Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 1:02 pm
As you have probably noticed, im not the most technical person out there. I never looked under effects I will check there, also, scripts sound even more complicated.

Mensajes Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 1:52 pm
Script is easy, that's the thing about VDJ, If Need It, VDJ Has A Script For That!! Lol!!

Huey

Mensajes Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 2:12 pm
dj-Koky305:

It was a simple statement of fact. Unlicensed user has obtained plugin from somewhere (doesn't state where) and wants help with it and makes two posts on it in the wrong sub forum. I don't know this user from Adam so tell him that I don't see how he could have legally obtained it and tell him to register his license and download the latest version. Statement of fact I'm afraid; no rudeness albeit it I was slightly blunt.

When you explained the situation, despite your rudeness I remained polite - apologised and helped you. I've often helped unlicensed users with plugin issues when I've understood where the plugin has come from.

By posting on this forum you agree to it's rules - and one of our rules here is to remain polite and respectful at all times. Yes I was blunt, but at no point did I insult you, nor was I rude to you.

The scripts are more complicated yes, but they have the advantage of letting you switch sample banks with a keystroke, MIDI/HID button or a skin control.

Mensajes Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 4:35 pm
OK @SBDJ your telling me that I could swap out all 12 sample banks?? This is new to me!! Could you PM me the script, please??

Thanks for your time and knowledge
Huey

Mensajes Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 5:05 pm
There is a thread with details somewhere; I'll have a look for it later.

Basically yes, you can use VDJScript to load a named sample into a slot. Chaining those load commands mean you can map the loading of all banks to a single input method.

This means you could have a set of buttons on your skin (or controller/keyboard) that would automatically load predefined samples.

Mensajes Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 7:27 pm
Got it, too easy. Why didnt I think of that sooner, lol!!

Thanks for your time
Huey

Mensajes Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 8:10 pm
That info really needs to be in the wiki not the forum... Need to look in to that.

Roy

Mensajes Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 5:21 am
Thanks SBDJ for that info.

This is closer to what we want to achieve. Like i said, im not very technical or very familiar with Vjd and scripting, but will search the posts and see if i find it.

Mensajes Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 8:21 am

Mensajes Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 10:09 am
@DJ Koky, yeah that will work. After he posted that I went and tried it out, pretty slick. Takes a lil bit to set up if you have a ton of loops but it'll work.

Good luck
Huey

Mensajes Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 10:18 am
You guys are great! I can't wait to try this!

Mensajes Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 10:22 am
When you're feeling brave, you can even add buttons to the skin to do the exact same thing too :)

The easiest way is:

sampler 1 load "c:\loop1.mp3" & sampler 2 load "c:\loop2.mp3"

...and so on. The way I originally posted was a bit more convoluted - it selected a sample bank, then loaded a sample bank into it. This way just loads samples directly to the specified banks.

Mensajes Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 5:16 pm
Hello all.

Just wanted to update you guys on this. It worked for me and now i have loaded about 10 different banks i can load with a single key. I can also make them loop if desired. Works great.

Im having issues with the Mic. Seems like the mic on BCD2000 and BCD3000 only work with Traktor. I will look thru the posts and see if i find any pointers.

Again, Thanks all for your help!

Mensajes Thu 19 Aug 10 @ 11:17 am
Glad to see you got it working. As for the mic i can't help cause i don't use controllers but im sure someone will chime in.

Have a great day
Huey

Mensajes Thu 19 Aug 10 @ 1:20 pm
im using vdj 8 and im unable to follow the various suggestion how to apply sound fx to keys on my laptop via vdj...help!!

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 8:30 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)