Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Question: VCI-100 + VDJ or VCI-300 + Itch

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Two questions, answer with any helpful information:

1. I've been reading forum postings on VCI-300 and VCI-100. I had a VCI-100 last year but couldn't get past the issue of a delay when trying to scratch, it was like VDJ took a fraction of a second to notice I was touching one of the VCI100 deck wheels. So I ended up selling the VCI-100 on eBay. Now VCI-300 is out and I'm not sure which controller to get, especially since VDJ is not supported. To anyone using a VCI-100 controller, how is the performance today using it with the latest VDJ software?

2. Overall I'm thinking about going with the VCI-300, but since I have waaaaay too much time invested in Virtual DJ (setting song cue points, and perfecting BPM settings for good mixing) to jump ship to the Serato Itch software, it seems I'm better off waiting until VDJ has support for VCI-300. Can anyone shed some light? Is VCI-300 so much better than VCI-100 for VDJ users?

- DJ Remedy

Mensajes Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 12:00 pm
diallo007 wrote :
Two questions, answer with any helpful information:

1. I've been reading forum postings on VCI-300 and VCI-100. I had a VCI-100 last year but couldn't get past the issue of a delay when trying to scratch, it was like VDJ took a fraction of a second to notice I was touching one of the VCI100 deck wheels. So I ended up selling the VCI-100 on eBay. Now VCI-300 is out and I'm not sure which controller to get, especially since VDJ is not supported. To anyone using a VCI-100 controller, how is the performance today using it with the latest VDJ software?

2. Overall I'm thinking about going with the VCI-300, but since I have waaaaay too much time invested in Virtual DJ (setting song cue points, and perfecting BPM settings for good mixing) to jump ship to the Serato Itch software, it seems I'm better off waiting until VDJ has support for VCI-300. Can anyone shed some light? Is VCI-300 so much better than VCI-100 for VDJ users?

- DJ Remedy

Vci 300 is not mapped out for VDJ yet..its mapped for itch..

Mensajes Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 8:24 am
Well there is an initial VCI-300 mapping for VDJ provided by djbeware, here is his post:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/98482/Hardware_Technical_Support/VCI-300_and_Virtual_DJ.html

However my question was to those who have experience with both a VCI-100 using VDJ and those who have also used VCI-300 using Itch: how is the performance of VCI-100+VDJ compared to the (much talked about) tight response and good performance of using VCI-300+Itch? Is there such a big difference to justify getting a VCI-300 (and in process moving to Itch) instead of using VCI-100 with VDJ?

Again my time and experience has been invested in VDJ, so moving to VCI-300 and Itch would be a big step. It seems that if VCI-100 performs just as well, plus you get all the good features VDJ has over Itch, why get VCI-300 and have to take a backward step to use Itch?

- DJ Remedy

Mensajes Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 11:19 am
diallo007 wrote :
Well there is an initial VCI-300 mapping for VDJ provided by djbeware, here is his post:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/98482/Hardware_Technical_Support/VCI-300_and_Virtual_DJ.html

However my question was to those who have experience with both a VCI-100 using VDJ and those who have also used VCI-300 using Itch: how is the performance of VCI-100+VDJ compared to the (much talked about) tight response and good performance of using VCI-300+Itch? Is there such a big difference to justify getting a VCI-300 (and in process moving to Itch) instead of using VCI-100 with VDJ?

Again my time and experience has been invested in VDJ, so moving to VCI-300 and Itch would be a big step. It seems that if VCI-100 performs just as well, plus you get all the good features VDJ has over Itch, why get VCI-300 and have to take a backward step to use Itch?

- DJ Remedy

Well what I can say is I really didn't have too much time with a VCI-100 so I can't really comment too much on its performance with VDJ. As for the VCI-300, I have been enjoying every moment of it. I don't do video so recently I have been using ITCH more, I am getting use to its simplistic approach but I am old school so I appreciate the simplicty more than some of the newer school DJ's. I do miss the features of VDJ but at the end of the day I really didin't use a lot of the more advanced features of VDJ that Itch is missing. Anyway I have my VCI-300 mapped to VDJ, its not perfect but it does work quite well, but just not as tight as the integration with ITCH. If you do decide to go get a VCI-300 your somewhat covered becuase VDJ supports Seratos crates, and reading BPM tags, its too bad it doesn't read Seratos CUEs and loops (perhaps this could be a nice feature in future versions)

The main reason I got ITCH is simply becuase I missed scratching, and the RMX just simply didn't cut it and I need ultra portability, I travel alot so I need a controller that fitted in my laptop back pack or hand luggage, and I can easily setup in a hotel room when I want to "practise". I would say if you don't need the serious portablity there are other hardware solutions that I would go with, infact I would probably just stick to time code.

Also search for the EKS OTUS http://eks.fi/otus/

it looks like a nice piece of MIDI hardware, that I think would work really well with VDJ, it looks like it will be slightly cheaper than Serato ITCH so it maybe a better deal.

Mensajes Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 11:08 pm
Thanks, I checked out that EKS Otis controller, looks nice. The large size of the deck makes it look official and you have a lot more hand space. Looks like the evolution of a turntable. It also has a lot of assignable buttons, possible uses for my cue points and VDJ effects. But that dual-deck swapping capability is most interesting. Appreciate your reply to my post.

- DJ Remedy

Mensajes Wed 26 Nov 08 @ 1:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)