Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Touch Screen Display idea.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
has anyone ever tried using a touch screen display to control Virtual DJ? I use a touch screen display to run light jockey in my DJ booth; i was wondering last night why not run VDJ??? I would already be used to how it feels to the touch... Also, i found some nice fold up 17" monitors on line for under 500.00

Just a thought...

Would love to hear what others thought, or if anyone is doing this or has tried it.

Thanks,
Chris.

Mensajes Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 4:21 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, it was done before, there was a Youtube link, you might still find it. I think that control is not swift enough, and you can't use "Multi touch" like on controllers. Without that it is nothing. But then again, IPhone have Multitouch screen, so you can try to find similar (if there is one). Second problem is that operating system like Windows needs to support Multi Touch for Touchscreen, which is not the case.

Mensajes Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 5:24 pm
i would probably still want to use a controller, i was just wondering if there would be benefits to having a touch screen controller... I did see that dj controller/music controller for around 3,500.00. there is no way im spending that kind of money, thats almost as much as i paid for my Mbpro!

Im gonna check and see if a multi touch screen is even available... if not im sure it wont be long.

Thanks for the heads up.

Chris.

Mensajes Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 10:57 pm
Multitouch is not supported in Windows Vista, but is one of the key features that will be incorporated in Windows 7.

Mensajes Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 4:23 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
That is good news ;)

Mensajes Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 5:16 am
Thats fine by me, i hope to have Windows XP off my MBpro soon anyways, i have no plans going to Vista... :-)

Mensajes Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 9:34 am
Allow me to give my 2 cents:

TOUCH SCREENS ROCK with VDJ!

I'm using an hp touchsmart with TCV's on 1200's, It's truly taken me to the next level.
I'm never looking back, this is the future.

PM or post if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.

Mensajes Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 3:06 pm
Multi Touch will take the touchscreen to a whole nother level!!! I CANT wait.

Mensajes Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 4:12 pm
Will do, a friend of mine just gave me an article about a company that modifies MBpro's. You send them your Mac Book Pro or Mac Book, and they send you back a tablet that is all screen; you can hook up a key board or use the multi touch screen much like how the I-phone works... This sounds pretty cool i have to say...

Mensajes Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 4:13 pm
Hey can I jump in I just installed a touch screen in on 1 of my vdj systems & may I say that I need to get used to it. It is not as easy as a controller but after using it for 3 hours I started to get the hang of it. But still not as fine controling as a controller .I will keep at it & will keep you posted.

Mensajes Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 5:44 pm
wait i tryed it and the three touch screens i tryed seemed to have a lag to them. I would wait till the bugs are out before i run totally on it,

Mensajes Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 4:03 pm
Is anyone using a touch screen display with a laptop?

And if so, how can i get Touch Screen display to clone the desktop while still sending video out to the Matrox triple head to go that is then sending signal to 3 video projectors for a 30 foot wide projection???

Would i use a Y adapter, or am i asking way too much from my computer?

:-)

Mensajes Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 1:42 pm
PtownDJ wrote :
Is anyone using a touch screen display with a laptop?

And if so, how can i get Touch Screen display to clone the desktop while still sending video out to the Matrox triple head to go that is then sending signal to 3 video projectors for a 30 foot wide projection???

Would i use a Y adapter, or am i asking way too much from my computer?

:-)

Do yourself a favor and buy a signal booster. They are only $15 to $20 and you never no when you’ll need one…
Don’t think of the TouchSmart PC if you planning on displaying on an external tv. They only have video in not out.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/100920/Hardware_Technical_Support/COME_HELP_ME_BUILD_MY_NEW_TOUCKSCREEN_PC_.html

Mensajes Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 3:39 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)