Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Master Tempo- even while nudging!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
First... my specs:

Dell Precision m4400
Intel Core 2 Extreme Q9300 @ 2.53 Ghz (quad core)
4 GB of Ram
NVidia Quadro FX 1700M with 512 meg dedicated ram
Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3
external e-SATA drive with audio data (while vdj installed on C:\)
ESI u46dj soundcard running 1.0.39 drivers

the kit is: two CDJ1000 mk2's and a DJM800 Pioneer mixer with MIDI for video control.

When I pitch up/down very slowly and give the computer enough time to adjust the time-stretch, the master tempo function works flawlessly (dont hear any chipmunks). However, when i am mixing on the fly and i have to adjust the song live, i always hear the pitch change when using the CDJ's nudge wheel.

I would like to think that a $4,000 laptop can run video mixing pretty well. (yes i've checked all IRQ, tweaked my laptop as recommended etc etc.)

but is there something simple i am missing? I shouldn't have to be scared to have my bpm exactly on before bringing a track live just because i know if i adjust it while mixing i will hear the pitch variance.....

compared to serato where once master tempo is on, i can spin the thing as fast as i want and it will keep up like a true cdj would. makes me sad... (i understand its a completely system and vdj loads into ram and timestretches... but still cmon) we should be able to nudge our music.

any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Kedar

Mensajes Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 4:56 pm
no clues?

is anyone else experiencing this or can everyone nudge and adjust timecode without hearing pitch variance?

Edit: when i use the buttons in the software, its okay... but when i spin the adjustment wheel on my CDJ (nudge using timecode) then i can hear the pitch problem

Mensajes Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 7:13 pm
With my TCV it's exactly the same. I don't have master tempo while nudging it.

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 2:12 am
most definite sad face :(

i wonder how difficult it would be to change to serato's style of master tempo.

it seems like you might need a NASA computer that's absurdly fast in order to get master temp to be correct while nudge?

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 2:15 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Even NI had done it also (nudging without chipmunks).
Does Serato needs a NASA computer to fill-up this feature? The answer is no i think.
If they done it why VDJ can't?
Hope in the next software update it will be included...remove chipmunks while nudging...thus, should be included in master tempo.

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 7:55 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)