Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Korg Nanopad X/Y pad configuration

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi guys. Today i tried to map the x/y pad of Korgs nanopad to the scratch function in VDJ. Sadly i found out that i´m not as good with mapping as i thought. I wanted the following functions:

Touch the pad-> stop the record
Move up-> scratch forward
move down-> scratch backwards
lift the hand from the pad-> record plays normally

The pad is sending 2 different values. 1 is from bottum to top, the other is from left to right...and vice versa of course. I´m not sure which functions shall be mapped. Can someone please tell me the functions that have to be mapped? I know how to map the triggers, just not the x/y pad.

I was only able to move the record forward, but not backwards. It was also only one speed, no matter how slow or fast i was moving on the pad.

If you shall need any further information just ask.

Thanks in advance, peace

Mensajes Sat 20 Dec 08 @ 5:48 pm
come on guys, you map all day every day. Please, share your knowledge. thanx, peace.

Mensajes Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 10:44 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can not use the nanopad's touchpad in this manner.
The touch pad only sends data like a fader a bottom value ( 0 ) and an up value (127).
That is why you can get it for one direction and not the other .... btw, I have the Nanopad ..

Mensajes Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 10:58 am
thats sad... getting it to work one way i was hoping that itwould work. sadly it doesnt. But..... is it able to map the browser navigation to the pad? like left and right change the browser, up and down choose a song? so i can browse through folders without the need for a mouse?
Or will it be also impossible cause of the "faderlike" behavior?

Also, im not familiar with that, is it possible to change the values it send´s with the editor that has to be downloaded?

CStoll, thank you for your answer. I hope you like the nanopad as much as i do :)

Mensajes Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 11:56 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Browser up/down won't work either I wouldn't think... it would really need to send a relative value , for example +1 or -1.

Some MIDI devices have configurable behaviour, I'm not familiar with the nanopad, so don't know whether you could change it to a relative mode instead.

Mensajes Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 8:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Do you think it's possible to control the FX Parametrs of an effect. For example i would like to control the Filter FX with the X-Y pad.
Do you think it's possible?

I haven't yet understood this... X-Y Pad sends different midi note depending on the scene (1...4) or the same?

Mensajes Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 4:26 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)