Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Opinions and Suggestions Please!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have been mixing since 1986. I've had 1200's before, I sold them several years ago. I found MixMeister Express 5 yeasr ago and liked using it, but started to miss more and more being able to cut and scratch. Turned my friend onto MixMesiter it (ex 1200 DJ, married, etc) and later he moved to Denon DN-S1000's, now DN-S5500.

I thought about getting some as well (DN-S1000's), but other "interest" took over and I later didn't have the money to make the investment needed to make the jump.

Fast Forward to 1st day of 2009. I would like to return to club dj'ing. I still have my records but want to continue using digital formats.

I saw the first generation DJ Console a few years back, but generally people bad mouthed it so I decided not to make the investment thought it was affordable and I could have returned it.Then the Mk2 came out and while a few die-hard cdj and turntable DJ's refused to give the product props, I just felt even with the improvements it was a bit too small to be seen as "Professional".

I have an inside track into returning to club duty, so basically all I would take with me is the laptop anyway since most places in Hollywood have Serato setups or Pioneer cdj's.

But I would like a interface for houseparty, bedroom use that MIGHT occasionally see some professional mobile gigs and this is what attracted me to the DJ Console RMX.

I have spent time reading mostly complaints about it and how it might be more of a evolution of the Mk2 and not the revolution Hercules was after.

My budget is limited. I need portable drive(s) to hold my music and I will be using an older HP AMD XP laptop that has ATI video shared but 2Gig of memory overall.

Would the RMX serve this need or could I use a Mk2 and save a few dollars?

I mix mostly Rap/R&B, but some Soulful/Deep House, Old School R&B Disco and School Freestyle. Along with the occasional 80's alt rock...

I can and do scratch but since that's not required much in Nightclubs I never focused on improving my skill beyond the basics though I do have the basics down SOLID.

Certainly scratching on the RMX or Mk2 couldn't be any worst than my homie's Numark iDJ2 which is TERRIBLE (although he hasn't updated his firmware, I don't think it will fix the issues with the jog wheels)

I am looking to pick something up in the next 24/48 hours, thanks.

Mensajes Thu 01 Jan 09 @ 10:50 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
the rmx sounds about right for your needs, there were initial problems with the rmx, just make sure if you go for this unit that you get all the current updates for it from Hercules and this site, also remember you will need to register the unit with VDJ to achieve this, the other problems you have read with users having difficulties are mainly inexperience but we have all been there at some point. hope you get what your looking for...

Mensajes Fri 02 Jan 09 @ 6:30 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)