Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Hardware Accelerator freezing Video. Why? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Im running a Dell Precision M4300
2.6ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4gb ram
NVidia Quadro FX 360 (512mb w/ 256 dedicated)
320gb hard drive
VDJ Version 5.1
All active X up to date
Video card drivers are all up to date

When doing a video dance party, if I have the hardware accelerator turned on, my videos freeze. Sometimes I can quickly load a new one in the open deck and it will release the frozen video. Sometimes that doesnt work.

I can obviously turn off the HA in order to minimize the problem, but then of course, I lose all my transitions and effects.

Can anyone tell me why this might be happening and if there's a configuration setting that can be changed to corrrect this?

Ive done a lot of reading here on the forums and it does seem to keep coming back to a conflict between VDJ and NVidia cards. Is this really the case?

Thanks for the help.

Mensajes Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 8:41 am
Dont feel bad I too am now suffering from the "Load file to opposite deck to unfreeze video" issue. I never had this issue in the past and it is buggin the crap out of me.

Mensajes Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 2:37 pm
I'd be very happy if one of the mods could jump on here and try to give us some kind of answers. I see a lot of video freezing issues.

I guess the ultimate question is this:

1) Does VDJ work well with NVidia or should people be looking at ATI cards for their systems?

2) Does VDJ have any plans on correcting the issues w/ VDJ and NVidia cards? Seems to me the outcome will be simple. If NVidia fails with VDJ, yet its one of the most powerful and definately the most used video card on the market, people will begin using other dj programs. I know I have already began looking for additional software. OTS users dont seem to have this issue. While they do have others issues, its not a video card issue. With OTS running around $300 and a new computer running around $1200, it seems a no brainer.

Personally - I do not want to change software. I love my VDJ and would use it forever, but I do see a demand for something here.

Mensajes Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 4:15 pm
Well I can tell you I use an ATI HD 4850, I dont have any other issues running VDJ, it is just this freeze at least once a night and sometimes not at all. I THINK it may have somethin to do with a Codec as I only experience this AFTER I switch from say an MP4 to VOB or vice versa.

If I play just VOB all night I am fine.

As far as the NVIDIA thing, I can't say that this is VDJs fault. If you are running XP you may have issues with the 8XXX series as they were designed around DirectX 10 not 9 that XP uses.

Mensajes Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 6:45 pm
Perhaps you can answer me this then. Im currently looking into picking up another laptop with an ATI card. The specs are:

Dell Studio 15

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T9400 (2.530GHz/1066Mhz FSB/6MB cache)

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1

HD DISPLAY Bright, glossy widescreen 15.4 WLED display (1280x800)

MEMORY 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz edit

HARD DRIVE Size: 320GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

VIDEO CARD 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450

INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE 8X Slot Load CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

WIRELESS NETWORK CARDS Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11agn Half Mini-Card

INTEGRATED WEBCAM Integrated 2.0M Pixel Webcam

BATTERY OPTIONS 85 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)

SOUND OPTIONS Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ Advanced HD Software Edition

With the specs including the ATI card, and as I understand it, VDJ runs better with ATI (?), might this eliminate my video freeze issue? In your opinion?

Edit: actaully just looked up your card. It looks like both of ours run 256mb dedicated. If you're still having some issues, then In dont know if I can safely say purchasing the above system will be an aid.

UGH! Frusterating!

Mensajes Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 8:15 pm
Is it possible to say that VDJ doesnt have any answer for the video issues?

Mensajes Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 7:42 pm
I personally don't have any experience with laptops, with that said the specs look good.

Mensajes Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 8:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
discobrian24 wrote :
As far as the NVIDIA thing, I can't say that this is VDJs fault. If you are running XP you may have issues with the 8XXX series as they were designed around DirectX 10 not 9 that XP uses.

I recently reverted my gig laptop which uses 2 x nVidia 8800 GTX's back to XP from Vista. Under Vista I suffered from the brief video freeze on load (not the same issue you are having). Under XP I have not had any issues. My backup machine with an ATi X1950 Pro also performs flawlessley under both Vista and XP. Seems to be a very mixed bag of results amongst users, and probaby depends upon more than just the video hardware in isolation.

Mensajes Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 9:36 pm
Ill agree with the mixed bag of mess. I've been reading up on this stuff for days and there isnt anything that clarifys things much. I've seen better and worse video cards having the same issue, and have read some who use ATI vs. NVidia, both having some kind of issue or another.

Im not moving away from VDJ. Ill continue to troubleshoot until either I figure it out, or VDJ figures it out. Ive located a laptop that has an ATI w/ 256 dedicatd that I may try. Lord knows I dont need another laptop but who knows.

If I've learned anything, it's that the issue presents itself, or doesnt present itself, regardless of your video card. I know that mine is glitching, so Ill try another type and see what happens.

Thanks to all who had input.

Mensajes Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 9:45 pm
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I've never experienced the issue you've had...

*Touches Wood*

Mensajes Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 9:49 pm
I have a dell inspiron that I use VDJ on. This is the only yhing I use this computer for. I have a nVidia 8600m GT and have had the same problems. It still has not been delt with, so I am looking into possibly getting the serato/Rane package because they say on the website that you can use an nVidia 8400 or higher. Sucks that I love this program, but cant use it for video.

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 11:25 pm
I feel like Im starting to fall in to the same arena. Do I spend another $1200+ on a new system with an ATI card (which seems to encounter fewer problems), or spend far less on a new software.

I too love VDJ but if it cant do what i need it to do, then what choices do we have? Very few.

Mensajes Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 2:52 pm
jimspinnin wrote :
I have a dell inspiron that I use VDJ on. This is the only yhing I use this computer for. I have a nVidia 8600m GT and have had the same problems. It still has not been delt with, so I am looking into possibly getting the serato/Rane package because they say on the website that you can use an nVidia 8400 or higher. Sucks that I love this program, but cant use it for video.

I don't know if Serato has fixed it, but they had the same issue in the past. It's also not without other issues, I would read up extensively on the PC version before buying it.

From what I've read, if you have an issue on the PC, all you will get on their forums is "Get a Mac" ;)

Mensajes Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 6:37 pm
boolanger wrote :
I feel like Im starting to fall in to the same arena. Do I spend another $1200+ on a new system with an ATI card (which seems to encounter fewer problems), or spend far less on a new software.

I too love VDJ but if it cant do what i need it to do, then what choices do we have? Very few.

I'd be interested in what you are looking at for video mixing that costs < $1200. The only other solution I can see at that price range would be OTS AV, and thats missing basic DJ features such as multiple cue points and looping!

I have managed to fix my nVidia issues - by playing with driver versions and operating systems. I have seen it mentioned that Atomix would like to iron out this issue if it is within their ability to do so.

Mensajes Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 6:40 pm
SBDJ wrote :
boolanger wrote :

I'd be interested in what you are looking at for video mixing that costs < $1200. The only other solution I can see at that price range would be OTS AV, and thats missing basic DJ features such as multiple cue points and looping!

I have managed to fix my nVidia issues - by playing with driver versions and operating systems. I have seen it mentioned that Atomix would like to iron out this issue if it is within their ability to do so.

What are your specs that are working?

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 10:24 am
I don't have all the specs to hand, but basically it's a Dell XPS M1730.

2.8GHz Core2Extreme
2 x nVidia 8800GTX
2 x Internal 7200RPM SATA drives
Windows XP SP3

Soundcard: Ecler Evo 5
Main MIDI Controllers: Ecler Evo 5 / Denon DN-HC4500

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 11:20 am
I was actaully playing with OTS AV for a bit but IMO, that program is crap (for the way that I dj). I honestly dont know what Im going to do at this point.
I downloaded the trial of PCDJ/VJ last night and it took only minutes for my video to begin freezing. This brings me back to my video card.

Guess the solution is a new laptop...again. Ugh!

I should also add this in an effort to further the confusion:
we also have a Compaq that we use. It's about 5 years old. Hundreds of gigs on it. 2gb of memory, 1.8ghz processer w/ an ATI card that has 128mb memory.
Runs Video flawlessly!

Go figure.

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 3:01 pm
i think I am going to setup a dual boot and add Vista to my laptop and start messing around with it. Now I have to find my Vista disk....

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 4:29 pm
boolanger wrote :
I was actaully playing with OTS AV for a bit but IMO, that program is crap (for the way that I dj). I honestly dont know what Im going to do at this point.
I downloaded the trial of PCDJ/VJ last night and it took only minutes for my video to begin freezing. This brings me back to my video card.

Guess the solution is a new laptop...again. Ugh!

I should also add this in an effort to further the confusion:
we also have a Compaq that we use. It's about 5 years old. Hundreds of gigs on it. 2gb of memory, 1.8ghz processer w/ an ATI card that has 128mb memory.
Runs Video flawlessly!

Go figure.

Just a thought, but since your freeze isn't the typical brief video freeze, does it occur with all file types?

Have you tried changing the decoder used within VDJ for affected video types?

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 8:29 pm
I have same problem on different system.

Dell XPS 1730
2.8ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4gb ram
NVidia GeForece 8700M x 2(256mb SLI)
320gb hard drive
VDJ Version 5.2
All active X up to date
Video card drivers are all up to date

1. SLI setting on
2. PC reboot
3. SLI setting off

and video freeze problem is clear during club play(10-12hours)
but power off and boot again , video freeze problem come back...

so every time I change my SLI setting & PC reboot when I use VDJ.

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 8:32 pm
50%