Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual dj AUTOMIX + videos =nightmare

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

araamHome userMember since 2008
Hi I recently bought a brand new high-end laptop with following specs:

Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.6 ghz
memory: 4 gb
hard drive: 2x 500gb
video card: ati radeon with 512 dedicated ddr3 memory
soundcard: external echo indigo djx (expresscard slot version)
software: windows vista business 32bit, virtual dj 5.2 trial

I would like to buy virtual dj for music club internal use. The main purpose is to use virtual dj as an "automatic" dj in time where there is not enough people to use live dj. I found a big problem when use automix feature. I loaded laptop with 800gb of high quality videos in .vob .mpg and .avi . Manual "live" mixing of videos works perfect - everything is smooth - no freezes, no sound issues. When I use Automix mode with videos, the video that is coming into the mix pauses both on the screen video and the sound too for a split second (enough for everyone to think a CD has jumped or something)

It happens at the same point on each video, at the point where the first video leaves the mix and the second one comes in.

Changing the performance settings doesn't help, and it does it on two different laptops exactly the same.
The problem appear only when I use an external soundcard connected to expresscard slot ( I have echo indigo djx but I tried also several others external usb and firewire cards). WHen I use my laptops internal soundcard - its much better. There is still split second videofreeze when next song in automix start play but sound is smooth without freeze - so its hardly noticable.
I also tried several modes of my external soundcard (asio, single output, dual output) - problem same. Only difference is if I set bigger sample buffer on my soundcard. As I tried setting buffer samples more and more than problem is better and better. Unfortunately sound is fixed ( audibly unnoticable freeze) when sound card buffer is set at least to 8000 sample buffer !!! then there is not short freeze during automix but video is very slow - probably 8.000 samples buffer is over processor speed limits.

I put alot of money to top specs hardware to be able use virtual dj but It seems there is serious problem with automix feature. As well as I found that automix is sometimes cut half of track ? Why ? I need automix only to make a transition when video clip ends....

If somebody experienced same problem please let me know solution. Virtual dj is very expensive. I need professional software and not untuned toy for this money.....

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 4:36 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you could try going into config > performances > presets and move the slider all the way to the left (fastest) and see if that helps... i use a lot less high end specs on a vista home edition and don't have this problem, looks like your system just needs a few tweeks so if that don't work hopefully a techie can help you out.

me i bought the software than got the hardware, but thats just my way of doing things...

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 5:47 am
thanks for idea but performance is already set as fastest. That is the thing I tried as first but no change at all. I already played with many features. Tried turn overclocking of soundcard off, tried safe mode on off, hardware acceleration on off etc.. but nothing helps... :-(

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 5:57 am

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 6:00 am
renol4Home userMember since 2009
hola, como puedo descargar la vercion original de virtual dj

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 6:09 am

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 6:43 am
if running vista is uac and norton disabled ?

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:05 am

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:22 am
From the issues you are describing sounds like your using the "Smart" automix mode, change it to "Fade".

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:57 am
marcellodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
It might be a vista thingy.. Got two (desktop) PC's that have way less specs than the one you are describing. They run XP and do automix with video flawless. VOB's, MPG's, MOV(!)'s and so on...

On my (old) laptop I have similar issues, when the video uses very long time to load..

You say it get's better if you switch to internal soundcard? Then it might be your soundcard that can't handle the audio in the VOB's. A VOB usally have LPCM sound with much higher quality than normal mp3's.... Hope you get this sorted out!

P.S. I have only tried with a legaly full PRO version before, not the demo. So you could have a problem there?

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 6:30 pm
Hi marcello,

thanks for you advice. There are users with full pro version (not a demo) with exactly same problem. Its looks like its virtualdj problem - from time that virtualdj switched from 2 deck automix to one deck automix. One deck is probably not enough for mixing 2 high quality video streams with sound in real-time. That is probably why I get a half second freeze in moment when videos are mixed.

TO ALL :Actually guys can somebody write to this post if somebody of you mix videos in vobs in automix mode on notebook with external pro soundcard without this freezes : Any input is very welcome

Mensajes Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 6:17 am
try to turn off your wireless card that can help i did have the same problem before and i did turn off my wireless internet card and also i turn it off the powermizer............good luck

Mensajes Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 8:46 pm
I already tried turn wifi and bluetooth off, as well as I used trackpad insted of mouse - problem is still there - no change

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 9:25 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 3:52 pm
Joey, thanks very much, especially latency tester is great tool. Gonna try it tomorrow. I have 2x 500 gb 5400 Harddrives. I know faster will be better but there are no 500gb notebook drives at faster spped nowdays but from I heard my drives speed should be fast enough to handle video

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 5:43 pm
cashesHome userMember since 2009
hi i have a problem i hit a letter on my key board while using my virtual dj and now my pbm is all messed up i tried resetting it but no dice and it i move one pitch on one deck then my other decks pitch gets screwed up and i dont know how to fix it any idea's please help i have a wedding to do soon and needs this fixed

Mensajes Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 5:24 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)