Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: BPM's...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is there any way in VDJ 5 to read the MP3's BPM better?

My biggest pet peeve is when alot of HipHop songs that are low tempo 60-80 bpm...alot of times VDJ gives the double time BPM.

Is there anyway to fix this is mass so I don't have to go in and / 2 the BPM to EVERY single file?

Thanks for any help...

Mensajes Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 4:12 pm
djrcon1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
great question. I'd like to see if anyone has an answer for this because I been wondering the same thing.

Mensajes Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 5:20 pm
I've asked for something like this to be added a few times. Or at least allow multiple selection of tracks in Virtual DJ and apply the x/2 to all of them. Most of my DnB tracks end up at half bpm so the cbg's aren't as useful as they could be.

Mensajes Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 5:46 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
RipProductions wrote :
Is there any way in VDJ 5 to read the MP3's BPM better?

My biggest pet peeve is when alot of HipHop songs that are low tempo 60-80 bpm...alot of times VDJ gives the double time BPM.

Is there anyway to fix this is mass so I don't have to go in and / 2 the BPM to EVERY single file?

Thanks for any help...

You have enabled the option for "Allow <80 bpm" in the options haven't you?

Mensajes Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 7:57 pm
Yes and the only option I have is "Smart" or "disabled" so I choose smart and it still calculates double time.

^ = Not so "smart" :-\

Mensajes Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 3:14 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Andrew87 wrote :
Most of my DnB tracks end up at half bpm so the cbg's aren't as useful as they could be.

All of my D'n'B tracks show up at half speed, 74-87bpm, and they are clearly not that slow ;) It's quite poor really when it comes to this style.

But all you have to do is quickly double it up in your head to get it right.

Mensajes Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 9:18 am
Yeah, I know. I'm not worrying about doubling it up in my head...I can do that... but if the BPM is not accurately assesed...the pitch is off.

Perfect example...I use no more than 12% pitch range...when a BPM was calculated at 150 rather than 75...that's 12% pitch range can mean two different things....

See what I'm saying?

I was mixing something low tempo and VDJ calculated it as double time therefore I couldn't get a whole 12% pitch range and 75 bpm cause VDJ calculated the BPM at double time...

It just needs to be accurate. I can't believe this software is on version 5 and still has this issues. This shoulda been key concern in version 1.0 Alpha if they planned on making professional DJ software.

Not knocking you guys, but this is an issue that REALLY needs to be addressed at Atomix...

Mensajes Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 12:45 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)