Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Stanton SCS series | Midi CD player decks

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SCS Mixer and Deck professional controllers herald a revolution for the digital DJ. Both units are advanced control surfaces that give the laptop DJ new performance abilities and functionality within the MIDI-compatible software of their choice.

Stanton DJ announces the official release of the SC System into retail locations worldwide. The SC System is an innovative set of digital controllers for the professional DJ, comprised of the SCS.1d deck and the SCS.1m mixer. Both units are advanced control surfaces that give the laptop DJ new performance abilities and functionality within the MIDI-compatible software of their choice, while preserving the familiar feel and layout of more traditional equipment. The components of the high-end system can be used standalone or together, allowing for multiple configurations and diverse functionality that goes far beyond the parameters set by traditional DJ gear.

The SC System is the result of years of research in new technologies and user interface design, and unites these elements in an ergonomic and intuitive package. “As a company, we made a commitment to invest in technology that would take DJ performances to the next level,” states Tim Dorwart, CEO of The Stanton Group. “The SCS-1 deck and mixer show our commitment to this market, to the DJ controller paradigm and to our customers, who have been instrumental in providing feedback and input into these products.”

Several new technologies are found in the SC System. Among these are HSS1394, a proprietary high-speed communications protocol developed by Stanton Magnetics and Bome’s Software for the SC System 1 family of products. This groundbreaking innovation allows MIDI messages to be translated and rapidly exchanged via FireWire. HSS1394 solves the need for extremely fast communications from control surfaces to DJ software, and ensures the fastest messaging achievable with hardware while still maintaining the appearance of a standard MIDI device.

To support the hardware’s diverse software compatibility, Stanton has developed a preset library for the System,to popular software applications. The presets will be updated regularly, and are available for free download off the Stanton website.

Mensajes Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 1:01 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

Several new technologies are found in the SC System. Among these are HSS1394, a proprietary high-speed communications protocol developed by Stanton Magnetics and Bome’s Software for the SC System 1 family of products. This groundbreaking innovation allows MIDI messages to be translated and rapidly exchanged via FireWire. HSS1394 solves the need for extremely fast communications from control surfaces to DJ software, and ensures the fastest messaging achievable with hardware while still maintaining the appearance of a standard MIDI device.

At least someone has the right idea of developing some solution to increase MIDI speed, its funny because I think Stanton come out with innovate products, if I remember correctly I believe they pioneered the DVS market with Final Scratch a few years back, but then Serato just took it over.......maybe this proprietary technology will become another pioneering standard in the industry?

Mensajes Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 2:24 pm
Honestly, this system is a jaw dropper, when I first heard about it last year I wasn't really keen, but seeing it in action, shows how much potential it has. Depending on the price two of these and the mixer, blows away the NS7, especially if VDJ gets native support..........IMHO

Mensajes Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 12:14 pm

wow, looks really nice... ;)

Thanks for posting up that vid.

Defo gonna check more into that one, maybe Stanton is back on the field, after some odd releases over last couple of years

Mensajes Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 1:10 pm
um right after he said 'scratching is really decent' it went wonky :)

Mensajes Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 1:29 pm

yeah, I would like to see a diehard scratch test of it...

Bit it does look shart... spinning vinyl platter and all...

But scratch performance is the only part I'm a bit sceptical about... would love to see it tested hard... :)

Mensajes Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 1:37 pm
isnt this sposed to be like...super expensive?

Mensajes Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 7:58 pm
PsychoMantis23 wrote :
isnt this sposed to be like...super expensive?

YA THINK, not even Stanton could afford to have the double Midi CD player decks setup...

Mensajes Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 8:57 am
It's been a while since anyone posted to this thread but I just saw this thing a couple weeks ago for the first time. I'm thinking about upgrading from my Hercules RMX. Has anyone tried using the Stanton SCS.1d & Stanton SCS.1m with Virtual DJ 6.0.2? Also can you use two of the turntables or just one? Maybe this thing is horrible and that's why no one has been talking about it.

Mensajes Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 1:52 pm
They look really nice but I wouldnt jump on this right away.. I would wait to see if a store has it on display so i could test it out. The platters looks nice and everything but lets see how they perform.

Mensajes Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 2:17 pm
Quote :
if I remember correctly I believe they pioneered the DVS market with Final Scratch a few years back,

Kinda right... a software developement team called "N2IT" sold the rights to Stanton for the original Final Scratch system, Stanton back then didn't have any R&D. Back then they bought others ideas that they thought would get them on the DJ market map. I have the original setup that was used on Linux and the newer generations as well. I worked with Stanton from the get go of FS. I was the designer/developer of the final scratch FS-CD kit to use CD Players instead of turntables. I sold Stanton the rights to it back in the day. They then had it mass produced in China. A proud memory to share...

Mensajes Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 3:02 pm
I must be the only one that thinks it looks crap then! Just looks like a toy deck. Same with all the after market stuff

Mensajes Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 8:56 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

yeah, I would like to see a diehard scratch test of it...

Bit it does look shart... spinning vinyl platter and all...

But scratch performance is the only part I'm a bit sceptical about... would love to see it tested hard... :)

I tested this deck out at the MIAC show in Toronto and sorry to be the barer of bad news but the scratching on it sucks. Big time sticker drift, even on simple stabs. That's why whenever you see a promotional video of this unit you never see anyone scratching on it (at least not proper scratching).

In fact, Stanton admits currently the scratching on it is lame as seen in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4I36aP5XI

Mensajes Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 2:01 pm
The software is still under development. The person giving the demo says that he's not a tuntablist.

Mensajes Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 5:50 pm
It looks promising...wish they had it in USB so it is more universal. Between this and VDJ there is some serious potential to blow the NS-7 with Itch out of the water...

Mensajes Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 11:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)