Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Pioneer HDJ-2000 Headphones WTF???

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HEADPHONE FREQUENCY RANGE:
5Hz - 30kHz

What's up it with all these headphones with HIGHER and LOWER ranges than the Human ear can actually hear?

HUMAN HEARING RANGE;
20 Hz - 20kHz

Mensajes Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 5:30 pm
Never mind.
I think I found my answer.

Mensajes Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 5:31 pm
Apparently,
PIONEER is marketing to a market I didn't even know existed.

OK, SERIOUSLY now; does anyone know why Pioneer and others make headphones with these extra high and extra low frequencies?

Mensajes Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 10:49 pm
Diamond G wrote :

OK, SERIOUSLY now; does anyone know why Pioneer and others make headphones with these extra high and extra low frequencies?

Sales pitch ;)
A lot of turntables that say they have torque that is just impossible to have too...
Or "new" 400x midi

Its just BS ;)

Mensajes Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 10:55 pm
Does ROFLMFAO at people who believe these sales pitches suffice?

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 1:57 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
[quote=Diamond G]

Or "new" 400x midi

your never gonna let that one slide are you :)

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 8:59 am
ok so wut does "FREQUENCY RESPONSE 5 to 30000HZ" meaN???

these are the HDJ 1000...

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 9:25 am
Any sound that we hear has a frequency range.

FREQUENCY means: How frequently a (sound) wave peaks and drops in a predetermined time (called Hz [Hertz]).
Here you can see the High and a Low (Bass) frequency waves.

Humans can only hear High frequencies up to 20kHz (20,000Hz) and Low frequencies only as low as 20Hz.

The limitations of the Human hearing range is the basis for the development of the MP3.
To save space, an MP3 removes all the frequencies below 20Hz as well as all frequencies above 20kHz (since we can't hear them any way).

This is exactly why it is so darn funny to see Pioneer come up with Headphones that have a Frequency Response of 5Hz - 30kHz.
(Dogs and mice have much higher frequency ranges than humans, hence the above parodies.)

If you play MP3's, those extra frequencies are not even there.
If you play, for example, original CD's (not from MP3's); those frequencies are there but your ear can't even hear them.

NOTE: You can FEEL lower frequencies, but not hear them.
This is one reason some DJ's don'like MP3's. In some clubs with good bass cabinets, playing media with extra low frequencies, arguably, sounds and "feels" better.

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 11:56 am
sirkitbreaker wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

Or "new" 400x midi

hehe.. ;) so you catched that one.. hehe...

Ok, I'll let it go.. maybe Numark has some super invention that makes midi go 400x faster.. ;)

Who knows... 2x faster would have sounded more believable .. but who knows;)

But generally there is a lot of BS sales stuff on dj gear ;) Torques of turntables that if they where true, would make the deck fly into the wall, etc ..hehe

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 12:40 pm
"Ear cannot respond to all frequencies in an unbiased manner. Audible range of human being is commonly quoted as from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz, which in fact will vary with age, health, past exposure to noises, and so forth. Ear also acts like a filter and will favour certain frequencies over the others. Ear is most sensitive to sounds at the range of 1,000 to 5,000 Hz, and particularly at about 4,000 Hz."

Lets see.... doing all the math after reading this!!

1) I've been Djing for over 35 years.
2) When not Djing I was spending my evenings at every Top Discotheque in Montreal. eg: Limelight 1978 with it's 60' x 18' wall of sound, I stood in front of everytime I was there and still that was the best I have ever heard to date. Walked out with loud buzzing in my head but it was great!
3) My home setup consisted of 4 x JBL 4520 bass bins with 24" Lens horns and JBL super Tweeters.
4) Had a quad bypass at 35
5) Now Diabetic(type 2)
6) I'm 47 and still DJing 6 nights a week in front of the dance floor.
7) last year I was flying to Hudson Bay for a gig and the window of the plane blew out and it turned to -59 degrees Celcius and I had a heart attack on the plane. Yeah it was real. We thought a bomb exploded as the 10 of us couldn't hear for 2 days after.
8) Last summer I was electricuted with 25,000 volts on a ladder, eventually fainted and fell 20' to the cement and cracked my head open. Broke 3 arteries in my neck and damaged my backbone. Lost memory and hearing for almost 1 month.

=

Do they sell headphones with a response of 2000hz - 3500hz? (LMAO)

But seriously, thank god, I can still hear a pin drop... and I like most men at my age, I can still hear from about 28hz to about 18,000hz

Don't try this stuff at home!! And thank God for Alcohol!!

Funkmasterfrank

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 2:42 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
sirkitbreaker wrote :
dj-in-norway wrote :

Or "new" 400x midi

hehe.. ;) so you catched that one.. hehe...

Ok, I'll let it go.. maybe Numark has some super invention that makes midi go 400x faster.. ;)

Who knows... 2x faster would have sounded more believable .. but who knows;)

But generally there is a lot of BS sales stuff on dj gear ;) Torques of turntables that if they where true, would make the deck fly into the wall, etc ..hehe

honestly dont want you to let it go. i think i took three times of hearing stuff like what you are saying... even from my brother for me to realize i was jumping on hype and flashy stuff instead of looking at what i want and need when choosing my next piece of gear

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 2:48 pm
Diamond G wrote :

NOTE: You can FEEL lower frequencies, but not hear them.
This is one reason some DJ's don'like MP3's. In some clubs with good bass cabinets, playing media with extra low frequencies, arguably, sounds and "feels" better.

True.. whats called infrasound sound.. You cant hear it, but feel it (vibrations).
And specially with bass, this feeling is a "good" emotion trigger.. Its believed to triggers adrenaline, as the infrasound sounds are picked up (from our basic nature past) as a danger signal (vibrations of big animals near by etc)... some say.

And it can make sense.

But most PA system produce no such sound out of the speakers, or even normal speaker systems.

I still say reason some dont like Mp3, is just a made up thing. Most blind test with audiophiles, one could not distinct a good coded mp3 from a real wave file.

That being said, a bad encoded mp3, will feel less dynamic and "full", and hence have less data for the frequency ranges, and produce a duller sound out of the speakers..

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 3:03 pm
tomtontHome userMember since 2009
hi guys .tomtont here can any one tell me how to use vertual dj with a head phone i want to listen one song while the other one is playing

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 3:11 pm
pls dont hijack threads, start your own, its free hommie...

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 6:01 pm
Hello tomtont;

Welcome to the forum. It is a place with tons of information and tons of cool people.
However, there are some rules in place to maintain order and a to be able to search
and find information.

To search for information:

And finally, DJRasza is right, it is customary to stick to the topic of a particualr post. Other wise it is considered Hijacking a post/thread.
If you have a question not related to the topic, Do a search, if no info is found, start a NEW TOPIC.

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 6:35 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)