Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Can I Please Have My Laptop Back.....

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Long but good story here.
I just returned from a cruise to Panama.
On the ship I went to the disco and noticed a monitor.
So out of curiousity I naturally had to ask.

"Well I just use it to search for my CD's, the program doesn't work".
Hmmm said I.........

A couple of days later he walks up on the prominade deck and we start to talk.
I got the whole download of what was happening and began to tell him of VDJ.
He was quite interested, and we met in the lounge the next day.
As I opened the program his first gasp was "oh wow".
So then I began to show him all the features and operation and he reacted the same way that many of us have, "gotta have this program".

So at this point I figured, what the hell, let him play with it.
And he takes it to his cabin to diddle with it.
Now, I only brought this laptop for photography storage and had no real need for it other than that.
The next thing I know he is live in the disco with it using the sh!t internal sound card and only 256 mg of ram. No drivers for any other sound card, no mouse, just using the touch pad with no controller and no internet connection.

Yup, just closed up that other laptop, put mine on top, patched it in and wham, he was mixing away with effects and loops and mixes he was creating.
It blew my mind how fast he had learned it.
That was the last I saw of my laptop for the rest of the 10 day cruise.......every nite in the lounge he was on it.

To top that he has given a total stranger the money to buy it and send it to his next port of call which is San Juan PR.
He is the training dj for Celebrity Cruise lines and will certainly be seeing the outfit of the fleet completed with VDJ.

This is his picture:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid158/p5dba09d03708c18d5444f8b69e168111/f50ac2da.jpg

Mensajes Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 3:17 pm
Sweet...

How did he do the pre-listening ?

Mensajes Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 5:06 pm
He didn't prelisten, he would cue all his tracks during the days and mix them at night.

Mensajes Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 5:22 pm
I can only imagine how he would have reacted if he had the chance to test it with the PFL capabilities :o).

Mensajes Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 5:42 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
thats how some of us without the full version do it.. just set cues and use the visual wave thing to make sure everything is going smooth.
if u trying to say this guy has stolen ur laptop i'm sorry. vdj is highly addictive and can make users very irrational... i think u should sue vdj too for makin a highly addictive program. lol

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 1:31 am
Well he is now the newest member here, his name is DJ Gio.
He may not have time off the ship to chat much, but he knows we are all here.
His program leaves FedEx tomorrow with every plug in, skin and effect available.
He is favoring the Pioneer 700 but had little else to look at.
He didn't really care for the default skin.

Oh....and I did get my laptop back, lol.
I am sure he is waiting anxiously to get hooked up when he gets off the ship in PR.

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 3:32 am
Rick,

You got me hooked on this software and now another cat. Im telling you, the staff should give you some kind of higher user status. Very trusting guy he is giving you his money just like that. Im glad there is another believer. :)

Killabee44

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 6:51 am
Rob,
Funny but I had the same feeling and said to him that "he was one trusting dude to hand me money with no gaurantees". I also insured him it would come across, it just left for St. Vincent.

It's knowing I did something to help another guy like others have helped me, not the recognition of a title.
Don't mean jack to me really, I feel I get the better end of the deal just by what VDJ delivers for what I paid for it. I need nothing more than that and i'm happy.

We're miles ahead of others using the patched up crippled, disfunctional programs out there that don't hold a candle to VDJ.
They owe me nothing.

I hope it spreads like an infection, it will now ride the seas now touching hundreds of others like us with new technology satisfying our every need and getting better faster than anybody else in the business.

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 8:02 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 3:25 am
topman

Mensajes Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 6:11 am
well he is not the only one that got hooked..... now rick is here trying to help me out.. with controllers, sound cards, etc and i am all the way in Jamaica...... got hooked on vj from the get go.....

actually trying to get my brothers who are djs interested.......seems like it is working......

Mensajes Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 9:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)