Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Does Virtual Vinyl work with Vista (64-bit)? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello.

I just received my Numark VVinyl and am having difficulty getting my laptop to recognize the Numark hardware. Will this work with Vista 64-bit and if it does, can somebody leave a step-by-step on how they got it to work?

Here is what did:

1. Installed installation CD and ran through set-up wizard (THIS INSTALLED CORRECTLY) --- driver version 4.3.r13
2. Plugged in hardware via USB and clicked on "LOCATE AND INSTALL DRIVER SOFTWARE"
3. "INSERT DISC THAT CAME WITH YOUR VIRTUAL VINYL" and clicked "NEXT"

END RESULT:

I get a dialogue box that reads:

Found New Hardware - Virtual Vinyl
Windows was unable to install your Virtual Vinyl
Windows could not find driver software for your device.

Thanks for your help

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 12:05 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
321Enterprises wrote :
Will this work with Vista 64-bit and if it does

No mate, there are no 64bit drivers yet.

But I believe they are some in the testing (beta) stage.

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 12:15 pm
jimmy b wrote :
321Enterprises wrote :
Will this work with Vista 64-bit and if it does

No mate, there are no 64bit drivers yet.

But I believe they are some in the testing (beta) stage.

Are you kidding me? :( Most of the newer laptops that are out now come with the 64 bit edition of Vista. Oh man - but thanks for the intel. I hope they release it soon.

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 9:46 pm
321Enterprises wrote :
Hello.

I just received my Numark VVinyl and am having difficulty getting my laptop to recognize the Numark hardware. Will this work with Vista 64-bit and if it does, can somebody leave a step-by-step on how they got it to work?

Here is what did:

1. Installed installation CD and ran through set-up wizard (THIS INSTALLED CORRECTLY) --- driver version 4.3.r13
2. Plugged in hardware via USB and clicked on "LOCATE AND INSTALL DRIVER SOFTWARE"
3. "INSERT DISC THAT CAME WITH YOUR VIRTUAL VINYL" and clicked "NEXT"

END RESULT:

I get a dialogue box that reads:

Found New Hardware - Virtual Vinyl
Windows was unable to install your Virtual Vinyl
Windows could not find driver software for your device.

Thanks for your help

By the way, that's exactly what I've spent the last hour doing - installing, uninstalling, trying to figure out why my drivers won't install.

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 9:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, folks

Its not the case of the driver not supporting 64 bit its a case of the OS not supporting fully this method of communication on 64 bit

This being said on most model of laptops it will work, please feel free to contact me directly and we can trouble shoot for you.

sbangs[at]numark[dot]com

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 7:10 am
skyfxl wrote :
Hi, folks

Its not the case of the driver not supporting 64 bit its a case of the OS not supporting fully this method of communication on 64 bit

This being said on most model of laptops it will work, please feel free to contact me directly and we can trouble shoot for you.

sbangs[at]numark[dot]com

I'm strongly getting that message now. I never fully realized what all the negative fuss about Vista was until now. It's really easy to fall into the trap of, "well, it worked on my old Vista laptop so it must work on my new one."

I'll shoot you an email - thanks!

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 11:21 am
Thanks everybody for the input! I'm still having difficulties getting it set-up, but am hopeful there is a solution. I also sent an email to SkyFXL for some troubleshooting so looking forward to the end result and will post what happened.

Mensajes Tue 10 Feb 09 @ 1:30 pm
Did anyone ever get a driver or workaround for this? I'm still at a loss :(

Mensajes Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 5:43 pm
Hey Shift - no workaround. I spoke with a Numark Tech and he said that they cannot guarentee reliability with Vista 64. Works very well with the software only, but there is no hardware recognition. When he told me that, I ended up replacing my 64-bit machine which was only 2-months old with another 32-bit machine. Disappointing, but being able to use Virtual Vinyl makes it all worth it.

I'll just just my 64-bit machine as an expensive paperweight for video/photo editing and keep the 32-bit machine as a dedicated music box. I just hooked up a projector for public video mixing and very pleased.

I forgot to ask the tech about current projects to remedy the problem, but I didn't want to wait.

If you hear anything, please post here.

Mensajes Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 10:17 pm
Quick question??

On your 64 bit machines, how much RAM do u have?? If it is 4bg why not DUAL BOOT between 32 bit and 64 bit?? I just dont get it. I got 4 pcs runnin 4gb RAM with Vista 32.

Yes u need to buy the 32 bit version of Vista, but that is a hell of alot cheaper than buying a new pc??

You can install the Upgrade as a fresh install, if u need assistance PM me.

Mensajes Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 2:40 am
321Enterprises wrote :
Hey Shift - no workaround. I spoke with a Numark Tech and he said that they cannot guarentee reliability with Vista 64. Works very well with the software only, but there is no hardware recognition. When he told me that, I ended up replacing my 64-bit machine which was only 2-months old with another 32-bit machine. Disappointing, but being able to use Virtual Vinyl makes it all worth it.

I'll just just my 64-bit machine as an expensive paperweight for video/photo editing and keep the 32-bit machine as a dedicated music box. I just hooked up a projector for public video mixing and very pleased.

I forgot to ask the tech about current projects to remedy the problem, but I didn't want to wait.

If you hear anything, please post here.

Thanks for the feedback, brother. Yeah, the software works gloriously. I've grown rather attached to my 64bit machine (pretty good at switching between apps, etc) but the Virtual Vinyl things forces me to stare in contempt at it daily.

I got a 2gb, 1.7Ghz 32 bit machine with a fried motherboard. I know a dude who knows a dude who knows a dude who can repair it for "cheap" so I may go down that route. Or buy a new soundcard.

Shame about the driver thing - as I understand it, 64 bit is more of the norm these days. Thanks again, my friend.

Mensajes Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 9:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Whilst most hardware is starting to catch up, 64-bit is still not yet considered the norm, and DJ/audio hardware especially seems to be slow to change...

Mensajes Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 9:11 am
SBDJ wrote :
Whilst most hardware is starting to catch up, 64-bit is still not yet considered the norm, and DJ/audio hardware especially seems to be slow to change...

It's insane in the membrane for sure. I can't go into an electronics shop here and buy a computer off the shelf that isn't 64 bit Vista! (Well, I probably could if I looked hard enough, but the majority I see here are 64 bit 4GB machines).

Audio is slow to catch up - even folks like Ableton aren't yet taking advantage of 64bit. Numark certainly aren't the only ones.

It's a shame since the consumer loses out any way you look at it. You can either be forced to change operating system, which is a hassle at the least (and doing that won't take advantage of the 64bit architechture), or completely non-doable, or buy different hardware/software.

To solve the Virtual Vinyl prob, the only solution is a) get a 32 bit Vista machine, b) find 32 bit version of Vista and wipe computer or c) spend at least $100 on a new soundcard to work with some new and expensive software (Virtual Vinyl already cost me $399 I think).

Mensajes Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 10:25 am
Thanks Shift and yes my brotha, I believe I had that same daily glazed stare of contempt which borderlined disdain as the hours and days went by without the hardware and software communicating with each other. I just kept thinking to myself, "Can't we all just get along"

Thanks DiscoBrian24 for your input. I thought about dual booting with a registered copy of XP I have, however I saw some threads with reliability issues and that outweighed the cost of a new system itself. I don't like going to a gig with a remote chance of a hardware failure to crash a party abruptly. Also, I usually like to have 2 systems and quite honestly, it was time to upgrade my older laptops. Those older systems are now slated for retirement for other less-intensive operations.

Peace all and thanks for these forums -- very helpful!

I saw a newer post from RipProductions with a cut/paste of the message he received from Numark:

RipProductions

Professional edition user
Posted Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 8:30 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official words from Numark:

Thank you for your email. At this time we do not support or have 64 bit
OS's. I would suggest downgrading to a 32 bit OS. I will also make a feature
request for you.

Thank you,

Matthew Rapoza
MRapoza@Numark.com
Numark Industries
200 scenic View Drive
Suite 201
Cumberland RI 02864

Mensajes Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 12:22 pm
DJAspanPRO InfinityMember since 2008
DO YOU KNOW IF THAY ARE COMEING OUT WITH ONE SOON IM TIRED OF USEING VISTA 32 BIT I GOT A CORE DUO EXTREEME 2.8 WITH 8 GIGS RAM AND A 350 GIG HARD DRIVE I NEED THUM SO I CAN UTALISE MY FULL HARD WARE THANKS

Mensajes Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 12:21 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This has been discussed at length in several topics. I would suggest you do a search.

If it's a desperate requirement for you to use an x64 operating system, then buy a different sound card.

However, be aware the VirtualDJ/Cue is not presently an x64 application, only x32. This means it has to run on WoW64, which presents extra memory limitations to that of an x64 application - basically an application will get a 4Gb memory address space...

Mensajes Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 7:18 am
this is probably going to go on for a long time.
we the end users are all frustrated with this subject (32bit & 64bit drivers)
i have a nice labtop as well and would like to keep it running its 64 bit os but it seem to be impossible to do so.
so the only way to get virtual vinyl box to work is downgrading the machine (man does this suck or what?).

Mensajes Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 7:48 am
hey my virtual vinyl works with virtual dj it says 100% on both tables but after playing for about 20 minutes i loose control of one table i look on the time coded chart and it shows 100% on both but one just wont work. the music plays but the vynil has no effect on the song

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 12:19 am
I just got a new 64 bit hp laptop for my entertainment company. I have virtual vinyl and I know there hasn't been a driver yet for vista 64bit to work, but serato has made the driver for vista 64 bit to work with the serato box. So if i download the serato box 64 bit driver and used virtual dj pro will it work. Can i scratch? I don't i have the serato box but my boy does. It's just a thought.

Mensajes Sat 25 Apr 09 @ 3:41 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
macavelli wrote :
I just got a new 64 bit hp laptop for my entertainment company. I have virtual vinyl and I know there hasn't been a driver yet for vista 64bit to work, but serato has made the driver for vista 64 bit to work with the serato box. So if i download the serato box 64 bit driver and used virtual dj pro will it work. Can i scratch? I don't i have the serato box but my boy does. It's just a thought.

Yes that should be fine.

Mensajes Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 11:57 am
87%