Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: My new strategy for video..........

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

...........with my new Hewlett Packard G70 laptop, in tests, I found that using VOB files loaded from my Maxtor 500Gb USB external hard drive caused a slight freeze on loading. Nothing significant, I could live with it.

I tried transfering some VOB files onto the 320Gb internal hard drive and found that 90% of them did not freeze. Couldn't fit them all on there, so, tried compressing them to AVIs with the mp3 part at 320kbits to maintain a full quality sound. Superb!!! In tests they load very quickly and NO FREEZING WHATSOEVER!!!

My new laptop has been working flatout this week converting all my VOB files to AVI files for Friday night. Which means I can get all my videos and my mp3 database onto the internal hard drive with a couple of years worth of spare space!!! I can now leave the external at home as a backup, although, I've got all the vids on DVD anyway. Thats a hard drive and two less wires to lug around (although they'll be in my gigbag til I'm comfortable with this setup).

BTW the conversion program I'm using is MOVAVI Videosuite.

PS Still get the zipper on Automix. :-(

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 6:00 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Zipper?

Brian has recently done some testing and found with autocue disabled, automix video worked for him. Might be worth a test?

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 6:23 am
I may also go one step further with my tests and Add my Vista to my 1tb drive where all my vids are stored and see if I can turn Auto Cue back on.

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 2:51 pm
Autocue was disabled, no worries, don't normally use the automix.

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 2:51 pm
Funny thing, you are converting all your files from mpg to avi and I am converting all my AVI to mpg as AVIs cause me a serious freeze that makes me have to load another video to the opposite deck to unfreeze the video.

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 2:53 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Funny thing, you are converting all your files from mpg to avi and I am converting all my AVI to mpg as AVIs cause me a serious freeze that makes me have to load another video to the opposite deck to unfreeze the video.

Weird???

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 2:59 pm
Yeah it is definately something funny going on here on my system, I have reisntalled the OS twice already and still ended up with the freeze, then I removed the AVIs and didnt get the freeze.

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 3:07 pm
The codec MOVAVI is using is XviD MPEG-4 if that makes any difference, I've also set the mp3s to 320kbits.

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 3:10 pm
In avi's you can have many formats (must be about 50). I also have good experiences in the XVID codec. If you have your codecs proper, it should work. But indeed, mpeg1 is the savest solution, even if mpeg1 videos also can have different formats and cause trouble ;-)

How did you convert the VOB's? 'Caus' VOB's from a DVD are normally splitted into 1 GB parts, thus not containing only one song and splitting the song between the vob's, too?

I myself use Nero, but as the DVD doesn't have chapters, it's some manual work...

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 11:22 pm
What are you talking about???? I run 95% of my stuff as MPG (ie. VOB renamed to MPG). I use Smartripper to rip my DVDs to single VOB files. The files I had issues were some files I did A LONG TIME AGO in AVI. I have converted those to VOB then Renamed them to MPG,

I used a program called ConvertXtoDVD. No quality loss as all this program does is make the file able to be put on DVDs. I also tested out my DRM free I Tunes vids using this same program thus converting my M4V files to VOB then renamed MPG.

Mensajes Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 12:14 am
Ok, I thought, you were taking the VOB files from a DVD. VOB is normally an MPEG2 file.

Mensajes Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 12:24 am
Nah man no issues with those, but I did find on my system that it doesnt like AVI for some reason. No harm done.

Mensajes Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 12:26 am
So, which compressed format do people think is the best for VDJ?

Oh, just found this morning that I won't be able to get my mp3 database on the internal drive, just not enough room. It's 150Gb on its own!! So, will keep the vids on the internal and the mp3s external. Leaves the internal only half full (or is that half empty). Probably need to prune it a bit. Just had a thought, if I have the tune on video then I don't need the mp3 as I would always play the video anyway even if it wasn't going out to screens. That might save a couple of megabytes LOL :-)

Mensajes Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 6:48 am
Thats what I am in the process of doing myself as I only play videos, but I am gonna test this with vids on the same drive as the OS. All my drives are internal SATA.

Mensajes Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 2:33 pm
Well it didn't workout as great as I thought it would. Still had some freezes with AVIs from the internal drive at tonights gig. Didin't have time to defrag the drive after putting near 2,000 vids on, dunno if that will make a difference, will do it tomorrow. I've heard that using the windows media player codec gives good results, could it be that simple............and how do you go about doing that?

Mensajes Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 9:29 pm
Not on MSN, off to Spain 6am tomorrow for a weeks holiday. New laptop has been defragging for 3 hours and still not finished. DJing 10pm til 2am tonight. Hope its finished by then.

Mensajes Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 1:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)