Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Audio has a sight pause/ 'jault' whilst playing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djvicerHome userMember since 2009
So i've got the Hercules Console RMX yesterday, all seemed fine until i actually played with it properly: When the tracks play, they have random points of the audio skipping or pausing - but only about a mili second (it's still noticable).... Anyone know anything about this issue? Thank you.

Mensajes Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 10:12 am
I just got mine in 2 days ago and have been playing with it and the DJC version of VDJ...I have had the very same frustrating problem. I called their tech support and they told me it could have been conflicting with other audio software. This was just after I had completely reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Vista in hopes there was an issue. It didn't work.

I found somewhere that Vista and the Hercules RMX does not get along very well (big suprise, maybe they should disclose that before you buy it instead of saying it is compatible with Vista). I am about to install XP so I can dual boot and then try it, if it fixes the problem I will let you know! If not, I will be getting rid of this POS, I'm not going to do a live gig with it "pausing" every 30 seconds. So far I am very disappointed, and have wasted alot of money on what is about to become a toy for my 6 month old son.

I have also tried using VDJ without the RMX and it works flawlessly; so it is obviously the RMX that is the problem.

If anyone else has any possible solutions here is my setup:

Dell E1705 Laptop
Core 2 Duo 1.87GHz
2 GB Ram
Vista Home Basic 32 bit
Video: Nvidia GeForce Go 7900GS
VDJ DJC Edition
No other external hardware... just the RMX
I am running in ASIO mode with the reccomended settings found in other threads... the ASIO box is checked in the RMX's control panel before I open VDJ, and stays checked after.
All drivers are current and up to date as of 3/1/09
Firmware for the Hercules RMX is up to date
All virus software and non-essential background programs are shut off, and I am not connected to the internet while it is running.
Computer is virus free and checked consistantly by Kaspersky, and Avast Pro

Any help anyone?

Mensajes Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 1:05 pm
i am having the same problem. if this doesnt fix soon , i got 30 days to return it.

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 09 @ 7:28 pm
I finally got my laptop to dual boot XP with Vista after many hours of pulling what was left of my hair out... by the way, if you have Vista and you have SATA drives, installing XP is a real pain.

Anyway, I noticed an immediate difference, everything runs smooth! Chalk this up to yet another Vista problem.

Mensajes Wed 04 Mar 09 @ 10:32 pm
I'm owned of the RMX Hercules console and Vista x64. I got this same problem. I've been fixing this problem with 2 steps in Vista:
First, start "Windows Task Manager" (right click in taksbar or Ctrl+alt+del), click in "Process" tab. Check if there are wmprph.exe (windows media player rich preview handler) process. Right click and select "End process tree".
Second, check if power manager is running in maximum (high) performance.

Mensajes Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 12:42 pm

Mensajes Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 4:31 am
hi,
I had these problems but fixed it with this:

1) turn off the wireless internet LAN - stopped my stuttering/jault
2) Applied eq on the outputs - stopped my crackle on crossfader and eq knobs

Hope this helps

Mensajes Mon 09 Mar 09 @ 6:43 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)