Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Problem with my setup?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dj2l8bPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello there..
I recently just bought a cdj 400 package which includes a djm 400...
I have installed all the right drivers and everything to get it to work with VDJ but my problem is that when i want to mix a track..i can hear it fine on channel1 or 2 which ever i am listening to but when i record it i record as if the fader is stuck in the middle...even if i move the fader from on my djm 400 from one side to another..i record only as if i am in middle of both channels..so to sum up..i can't mix 2 tracks into one..because the fader is no responsive? can someone help me on that?

Mensajes Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 7:07 am
VDJ has an internal mixer in which by default in the recording function, is the master out. Therefore if the VDJ internal mixer is always set to the middle, you will always hear your cue ups and not the master mix out. If you were using a control device like the "Total Control" then you would be controlling the VDJ internal mixer as well as the decks and then the record function could record from your internal master.

Since you are not using that configuration, here is what you can do. Your DJM400 should have a record out output. Most mixers have an RCA based interface. Additionally, your laptop/PC should have a line in jack of some sort, they are normally 1/8" mini headphone jacks. Therefore get a RCA to 1/8" cable and connect your DJM400 record out to the line in of your laptop/desktop.

Open VDJ, click on the Record Tab and then click on "Config" circle below the decks. Under the "record from" section, click on "Line In." Finish the rest of your configuration settings and click "okay." The next time you start recording, it will accept your "line in" feed from your DJM400 record out and therefore all your sound controls from the DJM400 be reflected in the mix recording.

You may find this is not an optimal or high quality recording process because most "line in" jacks on laptops/desktops are only 8 or 16 bit. To have a higher quality recording then you may want to record from another PC/Laptop using a program like ProTools which comes with a 24bit sound input device.

CD or DVD recording device for audio is not really going to be much better than your "Line In" Solution. Although that is another option for doing set recording. I myself use Pro Tools on a PC for home recording and 2nd Laptop for on location set recording. It produces very high quality recordings.

Mensajes Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 7:59 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)