Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: HELP HELP HELP...GREEN ARTIFACTS IN VIDEO

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Okay, been trying to get VDj to run properly on a computer at the club so I don't ahve to bring in my setup as there is no room for it

The club's computer is an HP, intel core 2 quad (don't know speed) and don't know for sure but the manager told me 2 gigs ram (stupid me forgot to look when I changed video card)! We are running windows xp service pack 3 and direct x 9.0c nov 2008 release. The video driver and codecs are the most recent (downloaded and installed today).

Originally it had a 7350 LE crap card, took the videos over 30 seconds to load along with freezing the display while doing so. Changed that out to a 9400gt with 1 gig video (ddr2), still freezing but down to about 2 seconds.........

Screw NVIDIA put in ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 1gig ddr3 memory...freezing down to less than 1 second....but now I get the green artifacts on half of the video and of course like everything else that goes wrong on this program it seems to happen randomly, but once it happens it stays until the program is restarted. In testing today it was only happening on the right hand player. Once the program is restarted it may take as long as 1/2 hour to appear again or sometimes on the first video.

I have resigned myself to live with the freezing as I have tried dozens of combinations of motherboards, processors, codecs, and video cards and I can live with 1 second or less (not happily, but survivable).......but I CAN NOT live with green artifacts as that effects what CUSTOMERS SEE!

Help help help......I need to play at this club on Wednesday and can't do it with green artifacts any solutions!

Mensajes Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 10:52 pm
Install Vista and all will be good. You can get away with just the upgrade if you install it 1st as a demo (Dont enter serial key), then install again as upgrade and enter the key.

OR look around and see if you can get a X1950, cheap as hell right now.

Mensajes Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 2:23 am
They didn't want Vista on their computer so I took the ATI card back and got and NVIDIA 9600gt with 1gig DDR3 memory. It works, still have the slight freezing but I'll live with it until you guys figure out a definitve fix for it.

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 8:12 am
It's strange that changing your card from an ATI to Nvidia card fixed the problem, people usually report the other way around! The Vista vs XP 'fix' I believe is misleading. Other software such as the fabulous (and free may I add) Media Player Classic Home Cinema supports Direct X Video Acceleration. There aren't the complaints from users who use Direct X 10 cards with XP with this software, nor other such commercial software such as PowerDVD.

It may be true that this problem exists exclusively with XP but that does not mean the problem is to do with the drivers of either ATI, Nvidia or indeed Direct X - nor is it a limitation of hardware, Direct X 10 hardware is fully backwards compatible.

As with the freezing, I think it's more likely that the issue is to do with something happening in Virtual DJ. Even with Windows Vista and a Direct X 10 card you can get green artefacts when playing video. When I made my iTunes Plus Video Repacker discobrian was kind enough to send me some videos to test with. Virtual DJ has the ability to decode the audio and video streams of the iTunes videos (they're standard H.264 and AAC streams) but produced errors with some of them. Changing the decoder to my system preferred decoder (libavcodec via ffdshow) the problem disappeared.

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 12:58 pm
dj-e-lectric wrote :
They didn't want Vista on their computer so I took the ATI card back and got and NVIDIA 9600gt with 1gig DDR3 memory. It works, still have the slight freezing but I'll live with it until you guys figure out a definitve fix for it.

Turn off Auto Cue in VDJ you will probably not see any more skips, at least that worked for me.

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 4:00 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
dj-e-lectric wrote :

Turn off Auto Cue in VDJ you will probably not see any more skips, at least that worked for me.

I've tried turning off auto cue and that helped the freezing when the song loads, but as soon as you hit a cue button for it to go to it will still freeze slightly. Also the same videos that freeze when loading will freeze when I loop them or if I "jump" to a cue point......I am beginning to think the freezing problem is somewhere in the scanning procedure of the videos and how it finds and accesses or recognizes the cue points.

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 8:00 am
I can agree with ya that it may be the actual files themselves. Maybe need to rerip them if you have access to the original to vob.

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 6:47 pm
just need to install free divx player http://www.divx.com/ to get the divx codecs when playing VOB or MPG2 files

Mensajes Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 4:08 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)