Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: RANE MP 4 & VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Simple question. Will the Rane MP 4 Mixer "work" with VDJ?
I am aware that the 2 were not designed with one another in mind and the Rane is not a controler for all the features on VDJ, but, in a pinch, will they work together (i.e. will VDJ recognize the soundcard function of the Rane MP 4, engage with it, & and allow it to serve as a bare bones mixer?)?

Is or has anyone worked with this configuration before? What was it like? THANX!!! -Z-

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 1:20 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't own one or used one -- but from what I have read - Yes.

The USB connection provides 2 Stereo USB channels. For the PC it would be ASIO and has Core Audio drivers for MAC.

So from the PC perspective - the mixer would be no different then a 4 MONO Out/2 Stereo Out soundcard. And would be setup in VirtualDJ as Outputs - 2 channel mixer, Soundcard - ASIO and in the channels selection Left 1&2 / Right 3&4.

And from the MAC perspective you might have to set it up as an aggregate device as for the selected VDJ settings - Outputs the same 2-ch Mixer and the Soundcard would be 4-IN/4-OUT but can't guarantee that - would need the mixer to try it.

If you have the mixer and using a PC give it a try....

Obviously you would not have software control back to VDJ. So the Config settings in the Options tab for the VirtualDJ Internal Crossfader would need to be set to Disabled.

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 1:58 pm

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 2:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I read that post ... and the only question I would have that now since that thread is over 1 1/2 years old - is that maybe RANE is shipping true Windows drivers for it since they claim it is both ASIO and CORE AUDIO. So even though the other thread says to use just the Windows discovered drivers, I would still try and install the RANE provided drivers for the appropriate platform.

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 2:32 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)