Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: its bad to keep tcvs horizontally?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i just heard somewhere that it is bad to keep your tcvs horizontally for example to keep it on your tts when not in use. i understand the dust factor, but what about warping faster, does it contribute to it?

thanks.

Mensajes Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 11:49 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Just store them as normal.

I store them vertically like all my other vinyl. I don't keep them on the turntable. Once I've finished with them, they go back in there sleeve.

Mensajes Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 4:33 am
well, i have the turntable cases, so everytime i am done, i put the turntable cases on my tts, so that the dust doesnt fall on them, but didnt know it could go bad just by staying horizontallky

Mensajes Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 9:34 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
And keep it out from direct sunlight and high temperatures. Warp/bend vinyls are mostly caused during shipment that experienced heat during long hours of transportation. You can do an experiment by putting a not useful unwarped vinyl (whether on horizontal or vertical position) direct to sunlight then leave for a moment. Check and you'll see the big difference as before.

Mensajes Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 12:14 pm
haha yeah of course i keep it in my temperature controlled house...;-)

Mensajes Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 12:43 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)