Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Seem to lose bpm and length info often.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

A lot of the time I turn on VDJ, I seem to lose database info (bpm and length) on about a dozen songs. Now this happens on two different HD's that are USB external. One is really new and hardly used, one is used once or twice a week but is still less than a year old.
The songs aren't always the same ones ans I have to rescan them. I hate that because it marks them a new date for "first seen", and that messes up my "filter folder that contains the "100 newest songs added". This seems to happen a lot more than once in a great while.

Anyone else experiencing this loss of data over a dozen or so random songs as often as I am?

Mensajes Mon 11 May 09 @ 8:00 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I use iTunes to organise my (new) tracks. After I've recursed the drive containing them in VDJ, not only will I pick-up the newly added tracks, but I'll also end-up with some of my previously analysed tracks, showing-up as unscanned! (I use a filter folder to highlight any unscanned tracks). This also finds the same 3 phantom tracks that no longer exist, that I previously removed. Doing a Check/Clean/Fix on the drive usually gets rid of the phantoms, until the next time I add new tracks, but I'm still stuck with re-analyzing the other tracks again.

Haven't yet figured out how to avoid these 2 problems...

Mensajes Mon 11 May 09 @ 8:27 am
DJmga wrote :
I use iTunes to organise my (new) tracks. After I've recursed the drive containing them in VDJ, not only will I pick-up the newly added tracks, but I'll also end-up with some of my previously analysed tracks, showing-up as unscanned! (I use a filter folder to highlight any unscanned tracks). This also finds the same 3 phantom tracks that no longer exist, that I previously removed. Doing a Check/Clean/Fix on the drive usually gets rid of the phantoms, until the next time I add new tracks, but I'm still stuck with re-analyzing the other tracks again.

Haven't yet figured out how to avoid these 2 problems...

I get exactly both those two problems as well. (A Lot) Can someone else verify this as possible bugs, or can someone let us know if this is being worked on and WILL be fixed soon.

Anyone else getting these things???

Mensajes Mon 11 May 09 @ 9:33 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Mensajes Tue 12 May 09 @ 12:47 pm
Thanks for that pointer. Just to be on the safe side, I did a complete reset of file permissions on my music folders (& VDJ docs/files), even though I thought I already had full permissions granted to all folders & files.

Just added 2 new tracks as a quick test and all that appeared in VDJ as unscanned were the 2 new tracks! No phantoms, no previously scanned tracks! More tracks to add soon so we'll see if was indeed a permissions problem! Fingers crossed!! Must keep an eye on the MAC forum :-)

How about you bryantpb, did you try the permissions thing?

Thanks again.

Mensajes Tue 12 May 09 @ 2:01 pm
Haven't tried the permissions thing but will now. I am having this problem on a XP laptop system.

Mensajes Wed 13 May 09 @ 9:59 am
Just to confirm that resetting permissions did not clear-up the issue of files re-appearing as unanalysed.

I added 4 cd's of music within the last few days. Within VDJ, I analysed them and all looked good - no files showing in my Not Scanned filter folder. Out of the blue today, 24 files appeard without their analysis data. These were not files I added recently, but ones added weeks back!

Confused!

Mensajes Sun 24 May 09 @ 4:29 pm
Exactly, this happens a lot with me too, but very random and very random songs.

Can anyone say this has been found and fixed in vdj6.0 ??

Please!!

Mensajes Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 9:45 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 9:57 am
Great, thx for the reply CStoll. However, I didn't see on that page where loss of bpm/length data or complete loss of virtual folders was fixed.

Did I miss something while interpreting the explanations of the bug fixes.

Can you clarify for me or should I just take your word for it, 'cause I will.

Mensajes Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 10:59 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The majority of those issues were to 'weird' character being in the database.

V6 now is Unicode based which resolved these issues. Though you can never say 100% that nothing with make something go weird, I am 99.9% that V6 solved the issue.

Mensajes Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 11:51 am
Thanx.

Mensajes Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 12:15 pm
This particular issue is still present in V6.0. (Will be installing V6.01 shortly, but I assume it's still in that release also).

Had 10 previously scanned tracks appear in my Not Scanned folder yesterday. I had added some new mp3's an hour or two earlier.
Scanned those. Left VDJ open overnight and noticed today that the filter folder had another track (previously scanned) listed as unscanned. Note: none of the tracks added or reported as unscanned had any wierd characters or accents.

Still haven't got a specific set of actions where I can reproduce this each time...

(Overall though, a great release and congrats to the entire team ;-))

-Martin.

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 5:39 am
Note: none of the tracks added or reported as unscanned had any wierd characters or accents.

Are you absolute sure of this? When i tried the trail version (5.2) and i had the same problem and the wierd character was hard to spot. I had about 20 songs that i had to rename. Try one of the songs and rename them. If you have a filename that is U96 - Das Boot, rename to U96-Das Boot for example and see if that helps.

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 9:00 am
Jensen_sbp wrote :
Note: none of the tracks added or reported as unscanned had any wierd characters or accents.

Are you absolute sure of this? When i tried the trail version (5.2) and i had the same problem and the wierd character was hard to spot. I had about 20 songs that i had to rename. Try one of the songs and rename them. If you have a filename that is U96 - Das Boot, rename to U96-Das Boot for example and see if that helps.

I previously removed all weird characters from all my tracks when using 5.2.1. (Incidently, the issue I had with accents in 5.2.1 was that vdj showed tracks as non-existant, not that it showed them randomly as unscanned!).

In any event V6 is Unicode-based and as such, accents or wierd characters shouldn't throw it off.

I think this issue is somehow related to how my folders are recursed after I add or rename tracks within the database.
Also, when I left my laptop last night, there were no files showing in my unscanned (filter) folder. Then this morning, one old mp3 appeared mysteriously as unscanned. Remember, the laptop was completely inactive, nobody used this machine, no files were added/removed/renamed, vdj wasn't even shutdown & restarted!

I'm just wondering if there's some background process working on the database, which might explain why there's a time lag in between adding/changing files and getting a complete list of unscanned files. Although this still wouldn't explain why any older files are randomly appearing as unscanned, but might help explain why this odd one mentioned above appeared out of nowhere.

-Martin.

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 11:09 am
Another 161 old tracks just appeared again having lost all their data (BPM, CUEs, etc).

Anyone else experiencing this at all? If not, there must be something amiss with my database.

(Vista 32-bit SP1, VDJ 6.0.1)

Mensajes Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 3:59 pm
hi djs i have cuestion abaut missing file Database v6.xml. any can help please i want scan my music in search option but i dont find any songs thanks

Mensajes Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 9:34 pm
djnandos wrote :
hi djs i have cuestion abaut missing file Database v6.xml. any can help please i want scan my music in search option but i dont find any songs thanks

start a new thread. :-)
it sounds like you have a completely different issue.

Mensajes Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 6:05 pm
DJmga wrote :
Just to confirm that resetting permissions did not clear-up the issue of files re-appearing as unanalysed.

I added 4 cd's of music within the last few days. Within VDJ, I analysed them and all looked good - no files showing in my Not Scanned filter folder. Out of the blue today, 24 files appeard without their analysis data. These were not files I added recently, but ones added weeks back!

Confused!

I've never used those filters yet (not scanned and top 100)..
I just wanted to check with you on what your using for filters, as I'm thinking of adding those filters to my lists and see what happens over time..
(I dont think I'm 'losing' songs, but their has been a couple of times I loaded a song in and thought 'hey, did I already have this song configured?")

Not Scanned Filter = isscanned=0
First seen Filter=top 100 firstseen

are they the same as yours?

thanx!

Mensajes Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 10:56 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)