Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Where are the hotcues stored?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

iPengoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi. I was wondering where abouts the hotcues are stored. I'm planning on using a friend's copy of Virtual DJ on his laptop for an event this coming weekend. I have a lot of hotcues stored for my songs (which are stored on an external HD) and I want these hotcues to be available when I load the songs onto my friends VDJ. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks.

Mensajes Mon 18 May 09 @ 7:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Stored in the database. If the files are on an external drive, the database and files will become available to your friends system when you plug the drive in.

You can verify this by looking at the root of the external drive and checking the database file you see there :)

Mensajes Mon 18 May 09 @ 7:40 am
iPengoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
So if the files are on the external hard-drive, you're saying that the database is also stored on that external hard-drive? Would it not be stored somewhere like C:\Documents and Settings\Virtual DJ\etc ?

Mensajes Mon 18 May 09 @ 7:49 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
iPengo wrote :
So if the files are on the external hard-drive, you're saying that the database is also stored on that external hard-drive? Would it not be stored somewhere like C:\Documents and Settings\Virtual DJ\etc ?

The Database is designed to be on the same drive where your files on kept. So if your files are on a external drive then your DB will be there too.

Mensajes Mon 18 May 09 @ 7:58 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
From the manual ... and Yes, your cue points are stored in the database as well ...

What are the database files and what do they contain?

The Core VirtualDJ Database is titled - VirtualDJ Database v5.xml

The VirtualDJ Database system segments the database to each drive attached to the system. Each additional database file will be found on the ROOT of that drive and is titled – VirtualDJ Local Database.xml

What is stored in the database files?
  • Path to the file
  • Analyzed data about the tracks
  • ID3 tag Display Information
  • Automix Information
  • Cue Points [Added for this thread]

The ‘split’ database files provide users of external hard drives the ability to COLD or HOT SWAP drives between single and/or multiple systems. This allows for multiple DJs of a club or venue to utilize 1 VirtualDJ installation and not have different logins in order to maintain separate databases unique to each DJ. The DJ can just walk in, plug in the external device and begin playing.

Mensajes Mon 18 May 09 @ 8:01 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)