Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Problems playing a cd from cd rom

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

last night i tried playing off of a cd via cdrom drive and when i click on the "folder" it did nothing. when i clicked on the + i get asked if i want to format the drive? i could see the audio files via my computer but it wouldnt allow anything to happen in CUE. any ideas?

Mensajes Sat 23 May 09 @ 8:29 am
no one?

Mensajes Tue 26 May 09 @ 3:36 pm
I have never tried this, apparently not many other people have either. I didn't even know you could play a CD through VDJ and if that's not what your doing then maybe that's why no one has answered your question?

Sorry.

DJ RuDeDoGG

Mensajes Tue 26 May 09 @ 7:09 pm
You can play a CD in Virtual DJ - an ordinary CD won't display the titles and artistes - Track 01, Track 02 and so on.

An MP3 CD will also play and read the tracks, if they have been correctly tagged as "artist-title".

Mensajes Wed 27 May 09 @ 3:41 am
well like i said it won't play for me. it shows theres a disk in the drive with a plus next to it. but it does what i said when i click on the folder and the plus. with ssl it would play no problems? so now that its understood that it can be done can someone tell my what to check as to why it wont for me?

Mensajes Wed 27 May 09 @ 5:05 am
ok for sahits i tried to play a cd on my regular living room laptop running XP pro and cue and it worked fine. it however will not work when i try it on my gig machine running vista. hope this helps.

Mensajes Wed 27 May 09 @ 5:07 am
wierd now it worked on my gig machine using the same cd i used on the xp machine. although the cd that i had problems with was from a customer at the club so might have been his disk then. i'll keep trying other disks down the line.

Mensajes Wed 27 May 09 @ 5:12 am
in some very rare circumstances, it is possible to make a cd with a data track as the last track. then it is possible to hide a virus inside this data.
i never put any CD-Rs or DVDs that have come from any customer.

some years ago i lost the contents of my drive C: as a result of a stupid disc.

it should be perfectly safe though to play proper cds (i just avoid copies)

Mensajes Wed 27 May 09 @ 8:41 am
the same thing applys to USB pen drives, too.

if i dont know them, i dont trust their media!

Mensajes Wed 27 May 09 @ 8:42 am
nah i knew the guy hes a local artist i have delt with before. as for pen drives i NEVER take a pen drive from someone at a gig.

Mensajes Wed 27 May 09 @ 9:08 am
one other thing that springs to mind is that maybe the cd-r wasnt finalised.
do you have cd writing software on your gig machine?

does this cd-r play on a standard (hifi) cd player, if it is finalised?

Mensajes Wed 27 May 09 @ 11:29 am
djsynystr wrote :
last night i tried playing off of a cd via cdrom drive and when i click on the "folder" it did nothing. when i clicked on the + i get asked if i want to format the drive? i could see the audio files via my computer but it wouldnt allow anything to happen in CUE. any ideas?

I can confirm that this has happened to me too several times, but not always. :)

Mensajes Wed 27 May 09 @ 12:42 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
in some very rare circumstances, it is possible to make a cd with a data track as the last track. then it is possible to hide a virus inside this data.
i never put any CD-Rs or DVDs that have come from any customer.

some years ago i lost the contents of my drive C: as a result of a stupid disc.

it should be perfectly safe though to play proper cds (i just avoid copies)

I don't even like putting copied CDs in a CD mixer, never mind a computer - some mixers won't even play copies, anyway.

A good idea is to have a Discman (a CD Walkman) to hand - some of those will play regular CDs, CDRs, MP3 CDs - everything except DVDs - if somebody gives you a copied CD, play it in that - if it won't play in that, it won't play at all.

Putting any CDs other than your own in a computer - or any music storage medium - can cause your computer to get viruses.

Also, whatever form customers use to store their music in, can it be trusted? If you, as DJ , don't like music with obscenities in it, and their file is peppered with them, or the club doesn't want obscenites played, you can be fired!

Mensajes Thu 28 May 09 @ 4:31 am
all great points but again i knew the artist and a virus wasn't the issue. it was fine he wasn't upset that it wouldn't play. he said it played fine in his car so i would assume it was finalized. regardless of viruses the problem i'm asking about is why it didn't work. i fully understand viruses and how they work. i am by no means a newbie when it comes to computers or digital djing.

Mensajes Thu 28 May 09 @ 6:32 am
i used the very thing lastnight...

2 mins before i set of to play, i picked up a cd of a track that i know isnt on my drive.
opened my computer from vdj and Audio CD was there. didnt click on the plus, just direct on Audio CD.
the 2 tracks were there in the middle of the browser as expected.
dragged the one i wanted to play and waited for it to fully load before i did anything else.

after that everything was as normal..

Mensajes Thu 28 May 09 @ 7:22 pm
i figured out the problem. somehow one of my services got disabled or i probably disabled it by mistake, it was responsable for removable media cd rom, card reader, usb drivers etc. so as usual it was on my end and not the software. thumbs up!

Mensajes Sat 30 May 09 @ 10:45 am
I am using the Hercules RMX and I can't play CD's in the CD Rom. It never recognizes the disk. When I close the program I then can use the CD Rom with Media player. How can I get it to work while I have VDJ open. Lately, I have been getting clients giving me CD's to play and stumped by this. Maybe a new thing for a wish list would be a option to play CD's through the program so we can see at list the track numbers to load into the players. Any help would be appreciated.

Mensajes Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 9:56 pm
Any one...

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 9:21 pm
Neil, you CAN play CDs through VDJ. That's the point people in this topic are making.

Mensajes Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 8:55 am
sphis wrote :
Neil, you CAN play CDs through VDJ. That's the point people in this topic are making.

I understand that but with the Hercules RMX running with VDJ It seems to have a conflict and shows a X by the tracks. So I was hoping someone could address that.

Mensajes Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 4:10 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)