Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Mapping a DAC3 in 6.0 - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

OK, I'm pretty geeky when it comes to this stuff, but can't figure out how to map this dam thing so it worked as it did with the Boggis mapper in 5.2.1. I pretty much have the idea of how to make a new function, but with the old mapper, if I pressed SHIFT+JOG, it would scroll through the search results. How do I have key combos for different results?

Important functions to me to give you a better idea are:

jog wheel alone acts as pitch bend when song is playing
job wheel when paused works as scratch
shift+jog wheel allows browser scrolling

Inquiring minds want to know. If there are instructions of this, please point me to them, but I didn't see anything beyond basic one key functions in the new manual.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:32 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Make ...
jog wheel alone acts as pitch bend when song is playing
job wheel when paused works as scratch
shift+jog wheel allows browser scrolling

Ok, so the current mapping is ..

var 'shift' ? vinyl_mode on & jog_wheel : vinyl_mode off & jog_wheel

Which when the Shift is pressed it acts like a scratch wheel, change it to ->

var 'shift' ? browser_scroll : paused ? vinyl_mode on & jog_wheel : vinyl_mode off & jog_wheel

Does that statement give you the results you are looking for?

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:46 am
No, right now as is, when playing, pressing shift seems to pitch bend.

I'm just confused on the coding, what means what. Why wouldn't it be preset up to work as the boggis mapper did? Wasn't that the most preferred set up?

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:53 am
brian_fligg wrote :
No, right now as is, when playing, pressing shift seems to pitch bend.

I'm just confused on the coding, what means what. Why wouldn't it be preset up to work as the boggis mapper did? Wasn't that the most preferred set up?

FYI - JP wrote the DAC-3 mapping for V6 ...

The JP mapper for v5 was a custom mapping and no was not the 'standard'

V6 was built to the 'standard' ...

Now you say ... "NO, right now as is" ... is that after you made my change I suggested?

Because you described the default action and not what should be happening if you followed my suggestion.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:57 am
OK, let's start over. All values are set to original. When playing, jog wheel acts as extreme pitch bend, and would like it to cause a minor pitch bend, kinda like pressing "+" and "-" for pitch bend. While pushing shift + jog, it's scratching and I want it to scroll in the browser. Also noticed "CP" changes cue points. Before that would scratch when combined with the jog wheel.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:05 pm
And so to start over ... did you make this change for the JOG Key ?

change it to ->

var 'shift' ? browser_scroll : paused ? vinyl_mode on & jog_wheel : vinyl_mode off & jog_wheel

Does that statement give you the results you are looking for the JOG wheel ?

Then we can worry about the next items ...

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:47 pm
No it does not. Using the registry editor, I set vinyl mode off which set the jog to scratch when paused. When I add your code, I get scratch when paused, pitch bend when playing, and shift+jog seems to do nothing.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:54 pm
I'm trying to figure this stuff out, honest.

If I highlight "DOWN" I see:

var 'shift' ? browser_scroll +10 : browser_scroll +1

Now wouldn't that mean if I have a file selected in the browser and press down, it would highlight the next one below it, but if I pressed SHIFT with it, it would skip down ten files? Down arrow on DAC3 works, but pressing SHIFT has no effect. Ideally, I'd like to scroll by pressing SHIFT+JOG.

So confusing...appriciating the help.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:07 pm
brian_fligg wrote :
No it does not. Using the registry editor, I set vinyl mode off which set the jog to scratch when paused. When I add your code, I get scratch when paused, pitch bend when playing, and shift+jog seems to do nothing.

Ok ... why are you changing the registry ... you do realize the VDJScript toggles that value??? ...

And ... your answer is Yes, 2 of the 3 things worked ...

Shift+Jog is not scrolling the browser

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:09 pm
I was experimenting, trying to learn, and reported the results.

Correct, two of the 3 things worked. SHIFT+JOG is still not scrolling in the browser.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:11 pm

Use this ...

var 'shift' ? browser_window "songs" & browser_scroll : paused ? vinyl_mode on & jog_wheel : vinyl_mode off & jog_wheel

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:17 pm
OK, we're getting there. It was kinda juming around the browser when pressing SHIFT+JOG. I added a "+1" after "browser_scroll" and now it works nicely, but only navigates down the list, not up, regardless of which way I jog. How do I fix that?

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:23 pm
brian_fligg wrote :
OK, we're getting there. It was kinda juming around the browser when pressing SHIFT+JOG. I added a "+1" after "browser_scroll" and now it works nicely, but only navigates down the list, not up, regardless of which way I jog. How do I fix that?

That is why I didn't add it ....

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:52 pm
I'm kinda figuring out the basic one button to one function on a skin programming, but how do you know what to do if you want a two button combo? Or if there is no skin element to click on?

One other major one I need is the left/right arrows. I don't want them to skip through the song, but rather move left/right through the browser windows. How's that programmed?

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:53 pm
cstoll wrote :
brian_fligg wrote :

That is why I didn't add it ....

So does that mean it's not possible to scroll up???

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:53 pm
Try changing the mapping as follows:

JOG = paused ? vinyl_mode on & jog_wheel & vinyl_mode off : jog_wheel
CP = vinyl_mode on while_pressed
SHIFT = set 'shift' while_pressed & wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed

This will cause it to scratch when you hold CP and browse when holding SHIFT.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:04 pm
MINT! Works! Thank you!

Do you have any other entries to map this like your old mapper? Much appriciated!

In particular, put cursor in search box, nav through browser windows from left to right and open folders. I think I can figure out the rest.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:09 pm
Jpboggis, can you please "adapt" your old mapper to vdj6? The old mapper was perfect. Since yesterday I've tried to understand vdj script but no results for me :( Thanks.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:25 pm
It would be nice. I still don't understand why it's not programmed as such with the new version. It worked beautifully. Now I'm tyring to learn a new language to get it back to the way it was. It maybe easier than total code, but if you know nadda it's hard to make sense of it.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:31 pm
brian_fligg wrote :
It would be nice. I still don't understand why it's not programmed as such with the new version. It worked beautifully. Now I'm tyring to learn a new language to get it back to the way it was. It maybe easier than total code, but if you know nadda it's hard to make sense of it.

As I said before ... the CUSTOM MAPPER was that a CUSTOM MAPPER ... not everyone used JP's Mapper.

Thanks JP for stepping in with that code ...

Mensajes Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:35 pm
47%