Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Djm 800 and Midi

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello everyone, I need help on mapping my DJM-800. I want to use 1,2,3,4 Fader start as my loops. 1 and 2 would be for my left deck and 4,8 beet loop, while, 3,4 would be my right deck 4 and 8 beet loop. I mapped the left side everything's fine. When I map the right side, 3 and 4 buttons, it maps the left deck, which is already mapped. I tried to map the right side first then the left, but no luck. Can someone tell me what I am doing?

Syberman

Mensajes Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 12:35 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are mapping for specific deck actions preface the action with -> deck 1 <your actions> or deck 2 <your actions>

Example --> deck 1 loop 4 <-left deck and deck 2 loop 4 <-right deck

Mensajes Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 12:49 pm
Thanks cstoll, will try and post in a few.

Syberman

Mensajes Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 3:00 pm
I cannot find where it says "Deck 1" or "Deck 2" in the drop down.

Syberman

Mensajes Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 3:17 pm
You type it in the Action textbox

Mensajes Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 7:15 pm
I'm sorry to be noobish here, lol! What should I type???

Mensajes Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 8:30 pm
cstoll wrote :
If you are mapping for specific deck actions preface the action with -> deck 1 <your actions> or deck 2 <your actions>

Example --> deck 1 loop 4 <-left deck and deck 2 loop 4 <-right deck

As I gave you above ... in the action box you first say which deck then the action you want to happen on that deck ...

So a button that I want Deck 1 to do a loop on 4beats --- > deck 1 loop 4

And if I want the same on a different button for Deck 2 ---> deck 2 loop 4

Mensajes Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:06 pm
Thanks cstoll, I will try it. At work right now!

Syberman

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:36 am
BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey there syberman. I have an 800. If you still have issues, I can do the midi map and send it to you.

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 5:58 am
hi, just asking from your pc to mixer (djm 800 five din plug ) what midi unit are you useing ,as i would like to midi my djm800 or any one got any think better!

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 7:47 am
I'm using M-Audio Midisport 2x2 USB midi box. I got 2x2 in case i needed to add another midi down the track but haven't needed it so far. It's been regularly chucked in and out my gig bag for over a year and have never had a problem.

My full gear list is on my page for reference.

Hope that helps.

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 9:04 am
thanks BISH , for that it look good are you running xp or vista 32 or 64 just asking about timecode cds ?

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 10:29 am
Thanks Cstoll for your help, I got it to work. Thank you. And thanks Bish for offering the midi mapper.

Syberman

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 2:26 pm
rolyspeller wrote :
thanks BISH , for that it look good are you running xp or vista 32 or 64 just asking about timecode cds ?

Running xp.

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 3:32 pm
So that I usnder stand here in the new VDJ you can script your mappings?

Like if I want the Deck 1 and Deck 2 voulume and just the cross fader to corispond with the internal fader I have to type it in the box?

Also sorry for noob question I still havent got mixer to work!!! :(

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 4:00 pm
Djmadman73 wrote :
So that I usnder stand here in the new VDJ you can script your mappings?

Like if I want the Deck 1 and Deck 2 voulume and just the cross fader to corispond with the internal fader I have to type it in the box?

Also sorry for noob question I still havent got mixer to work!!! :(

I believe the crossfader you can easily map, but for the volume, you have to type deck 1 and deck 2 in the action box. Did you get the DDM4000 mixer?

Syberman

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 4:23 pm
Yeah I got it I even got it to reconize in VDJ as MIDI device. But I have read and read but cannot get the dam thing to work? all I want is to controll the software like the 800 will? I may just use the RMX as a sound card anyways since I am moving twards video's now!!!

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 4:29 pm
Do you have a USB to MIDI cable from the mixer to your computer? If you don't have that, it will not work the way you want. When I had that mixer, I mapped so many things, I hardly ever touched my laptop.

Syberman

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 9:24 pm
Yeah I have one its a $13 one but I guess I may have to get one of those $30 one since the light never goes green? also I am taking the mixer back because I get grounded when I touch the edges? thank god my friend gave me the reciept for it before he left?

Mensajes Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 7:54 am
When I bought the DDM4000, I bought the M-Audio Uno USB to MIDI as well. I have no complaints at all with it. I am using this with my djm 800. And still no complaints.

Syberman

Mensajes Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 2:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)