Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Convert Mapper-Settings from Version 5 to 6

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've updatet to Virtual DJ Version 6. All my own mapper-settings aren't convertert. Is there a chance to transmit the settings from Version 5 to version 6 or have I to do my settings new again.

Thanks
André

Mensajes Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 3:47 pm
New again I'm afraid, mapping is handled completely differently (but far more comprehensively) in V6

It will only be a matter of time before custom mappers are released for some controllers, maybe a couple of weeks I would guess ......

Mensajes Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:23 pm
I upgraded to virtual DJ 6 and the mappers didn't convert. I'm using a PC and an xponent torq, is the any resolution out there for this? I need this in a RUSH!!!

Mensajes Sat 13 Jun 09 @ 9:55 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If you look in my documents/virtualdj/mappers you will see the available mappers.
You can scan for these mappers by connecting the device and clicking on the button at the top

Once loaded, you can change these quite easily by highlighting the function and simply renaming it based on text in the right window.
You can also click on the button below the command window, then click on the skin function for quick and precise assignment.

Mensajes Sat 13 Jun 09 @ 10:51 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
aottley1 wrote :
I need this in a RUSH!!!

Forgive me for making a suggestion, but if you were in a rush maybe you should have held off upgrading until you had sufficient time to test and fix any issues you might have had?

Mensajes Sat 13 Jun 09 @ 1:23 pm
NickyBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm having mapper problems as well. I have two consoles that use DAC2 controllers and the Mapper files included with V6 are incomplete to say the least. I'll start building my own from the DAC3 xml file and work backwards until I get it right. I'm not happy that this happened but I guess I'll live with it for now. I may be at least to get the basics functioning and finish it off later. I've got a wedding tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

NickyB - ProDJ.com's Gear & Equipment Board Moderator

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 10:45 am
Inbuilt mappings are designed to be minimal and generally do what it says on the buttons. I don't have a DAC2 so can't comment on the completeness of that particular mapping.

No-one has been forced to upgrade to v6, people could have tested it out and got it to their liking before switching to it.

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 11:26 am
NickyBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
SBDJ-
Yeah I could've held off on the upgrade but I do like the streaming capabilities of V6. However having been a NASA programmer for 40 yrs, any product I put into production was complete and backward compatible. I wouldn't have made the release with just "space holders" for mappers.

Now my real question: I've done a minimal xml file for the DAC2 controller with all the basic functions. The "autolearn" feature doesn't seem to want to pick up the digital displays (like the time in MM:SS:MS) and up/down time count. I can live without that. I can't seem to get V6 to recognize the fact that I have a minimal basic function map on the system. How do you activate it once its done?

NickyB

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 12:31 pm
If the device is listed in the dropdown, with a tick against it, then the currently displayed mapping is active...

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 09 @ 10:56 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)