Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Computer screen pausing on version 6.0.1

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I noticed at times last night while running the latest version, the leds around the spinning platter and the wave display going across the top of the screen would momentarily pause but the song would keep playing. I was a little nervous about this happening. I'm running a dual core 2.6 with XP and a nvidea 9800 graphics card and 4 gig (OK XP only shows 3.25 gig) of memory. I'm using the new widescreen skin. I didn't check any other skins to see if it may be an issue with a skin though. Could anyone give me any ideas what could be the problem

Mensajes Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 12:30 pm
What are your performance settings at (config-> performance)?

Mensajes Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 12:34 pm
I'm using the default setting. It seems like the default setting worked perfect in version 5 for me so I left it that way with the new version also.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 9:16 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Uncheck the SafeMode in the Performance settings ... however; the 'refreshing' of the skin only can pause at times during loading of a track ... this is a performance safeguard during load only. Also, you might try downloading the registry tool (http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html) and put a check in the 'Speedload' option ... this might help.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 9:25 am
I forgot to mention, this didn't happen while loading a track. It happened as a song played. I'm using wave files.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 3:21 pm
I notice this also and I narrowed it down to where my problem. I use SLIDESHOW (pictures I take and the size was 1.6mb) I took some pictures less than 700kb and mix it in the slides. When it came to those pictures, the hickup dissapears. Maybe you are using the sonique (something like that) to display on the second monitor. In my case, it was pictures on a second monitor.

There are other problems I am trying to iron out. Ramdom crashing, VIDEO hickups during automix.
I can't wait to get my problems resolve so, I can get this great program. Right now, I just use it for testing (I had to many embarrising moments during a gig). I am stuck using Winamp/Mediamonkey for my gigs. I don't use any fancy stuff lke DJ Controllers of anything.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 9:53 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
thenasty wrote :
(I had to many embarrising moments during a gig).

Perhaps it is time to purchase the program. I've been using my legit copies of VDJ for three years now with no complaints.....

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 10:12 pm
I've love too TearEm. But take time to read some of the post about your new version from legit license ppl. Nothing but problems. I have those problems too. Just a very simple navigation of the mouse over the broswer section and when I want to search, and when it wants too, crashes.
It's still very high percentage for errors to me. I don't even have any fancy stuff going on with it (like DJ Controllers etc.) I just use the PC and mouse.

Mensajes Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 7:17 am
Could we stop bashing the new version and accusing people of using cracked copies and get back to my original concern? I have no respect for people using cracks also but take that topic somewhere else. I love the new look but was just concerned about the temporary freezing on the screen. Maybe I'll try a different skin to see if it is only on the new widescreen skin that came with the new version. Other than this, I've had no issues at all.

Mensajes Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 9:14 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I answered your question ...

cstoll wrote :
Uncheck the SafeMode in the Performance settings ... however; the 'refreshing' of the skin only can pause at times during loading of a track ... this is a performance safeguard during load only. Also, you might try downloading the registry tool (http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html) and put a check in the 'Speedload' option ... this might help.

As for the 'during' playback and not loading a track then there must have been something else that needed processor time and did this ...

Mensajes Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 11:17 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)